+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clint - Season 10

Clint - Season 10

Clint, 40 (Austin, Texas), received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Texas Christian University, and a Juris Doctorate in Law from Southern Methodist University. Clint went on to be a successful certified public accountant, real estate attorney, and developer, to having an estate sale where he was forced to sell a large amount of his family's possessions due to the economy. Clint and his family now split time between a friend's guesthouse in Weatherford, Texas, and another friend's rental house in Post Falls, Idaho. Currently living off credit, Clint is also a strong believer in God, and spends much of his free time with his wife of 18 years and their three boys.

Q) Why did you want to be on the show, and why did you think you'd make a good competitor?
    A) As a Texas real estate attorney, my businesses have been severely hampered by the recession/depression. On March 30th, during an episode of Celebrity Apprentice, a casting call was announced. My wife and I had been praying diligently for a deliverance from our financial situation. Call it epiphany, providence, or otherwise, we knew the moment we saw the ad that this was our answered prayer.

Q) What was your reaction when you found out you'd been picked to be on the show? How did your friends and family react?
    A) My wife and I truly had no doubt that I would be selected to be on the show. As I mentioned, we knew that our prayers had been answered. So we were not shocked after the many interviews, debates and selection process finals to learn that I would be on the show. My three boys have been very excited, and extended family and friends have been thrilled. Since the first spots have run I have been hearing from friends from all over - some of whom I haven't talked to in over 20 years! A cousin who knows me well said, "You were made for this," when he learned I was on the show. We all laughed because we knew he was right.

Q) With cameras rolling, how does it feel to know you're under America's microscope? What surprised you about the experience?
    A) In all honesty, once you become engrossed in the task at hand, you forget the cameras are there. With the amount of work that must be accomplished in such a short time frame, you cannot afford to be concerned with the cameras. I knew to win that I must focus on the task, work hard, and be myself - cameras or not. You cannot prepare for this experience. Small decisions can make or break an entire task, and time is your constant enemy. So, you better not be easily surprised.

Q) What about the competition was harder than you might have expected?
    A) By far, the most difficult part of the competition was missing my wife and boys. You never realize how tough it is to be away from your loved ones until you do it for an extended period of time. I have much more of an appreciation for military families now.

Q) Do you have a favorite past winner or contestant from either the original Apprentice, or from Celebrity Apprentice?
    A) Although he lost early in the competition, I am the most endeared to Lenny Veltman from Season 5. I still smile when I think about his straightforward boardroom style in that thick Russian accent.

Q) Beyond The Apprentice, what's your dream job? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    A) I really love real estate. As my daddy always said, "They ain't makin' any more of it." I am a born dealmaker and negotiator - a "horse trader" as they call it in Texas. Also, there's a sense of accomplishment that cannot be found in other professions when you create or improve in real estate. I always want to have my fingers in the dirt in some capacity. That said, I have caught the TV bug. I certainly wouldn't argue with the opportunity to complement my real estate dealings with more time in front of the camera!

Re: Clint - Season 10

I wish Trump had acted on Clint's plea and got rid of David yesterday.
    I don't like to hear people throw around unqualified diagnoses of other people's mental health, but David just ain't right.

I get the impression that Clint in genuinely there to try to secure a job to help his family, even if he's now apparently developed a taste for being on tv.
    I really aren't sure what David's motivation is for doing the show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Re: Clint - Season 10

i wouldn't want to be around Clint, David that's another story

+ Reply to Thread