Alex, 43 (Santa Ynez, California), a charismatic family man, has a background in mechanical engineering technology and worked as an inspector/materials-testing technician. Due to the recent economic recession, he was laid off and began working as a tow truck driver to make ends meet. Alex describes himself as a man of many passions, who has owned a car restoration company, overseen various million-dollar projects and played in a rock band. He prides himself on his ability to take an idea, improve upon it, and see projects through from start to finish. Alex resides in Santa Ynez, California with his wife and two kids.

Q) Why did you want to be on the show, and why did you think you'd make a good competitor?
A) I figured I have diversity and I am more than the one-trick pony like most contestants. With my engineering background and loads of experience in the area of construction management, coupled with my musical talents and strong work ethic, I have a lot to bring to the table.

Q) What was your reaction when you found out you'd been picked to be on the show? How did your friends and family react?
A) I was in shock that I was chosen out of thousands of applicants. My wife was also shocked, but very supportive and sad that I would be gone for such a long time. As friends have found out they have been very supportive.

Q) With cameras rolling, how does it feel to know you're under America's microscope? What surprised you about the experience?
A) It was very frustrating during the first task as I was under the gun with a time constraint. When I am concentrating and in a hurry, my competitive nature kicks in and I will mow over anyone if they don't get out of my way when I ask them to. I was surprised in the boardroom on the second task when my salesmanship came into question.

Q) What about the competition was harder than you might have expected?
A) Nothing was really harder than I expected. I've watched previous seasons, so I knew what I was in for.

Q) Do you have a favorite past winner or contestant from either the original Apprentice, or from Celebrity Apprentice?
A) No, no one in particular.

Q) Beyond The Apprentice, what's your dream job? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
A) Working with the engineering firm Earth Systems Pacific is my dream job, and I hope to retire with this company.