+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5/23/10 Discussion **Spoiler Alert**

Re: 5/23/10 Discussion **Spoiler Alert**

Trump was mean to Summer. He does have a mean streak.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fanatic

I was not a Holly fan at the start, but by the end, felt she did the best job alltogether...still, I am fine with the generous outcome.

But as far as Holly "taking" Sharon's donations...that was the pre stated way the challenge payoff was to play out---FOR WHICHEVER TEAM WON. Had Sharon's team collected more money, she would have also won the money from Holly's efforts. Everyone seems to be acting as though there was a different set of rules for Holly.

Quote Originally Posted by becca;3911152;
    Right before they announced the winner, there was a commercial for Jay Leno, saying the celebrity apprentice, Bret Micheals will be on Leno tonite Did any one else catch that
    Just replayed it. "On a new Jay, from the Celebrity Apprentice, Bret Michaels. Tuesday. On NBC." Did not declare him the winner.

I don't think it's fair that either person should get the money raised by the other in that task, regardless of whether that was stipulated before the challenge began.
    I'm not sure what you mean by your blanket statement that "everyone" is acting like the rules are different for Holly. No one said or even implied any such thing as far as I can see.
    I don't think Holly should get credit for raising money that she didn't raise
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by 9Cloud;3911207;
    Just replayed it. "On a new Jay, from the Celebrity Apprentice, Bret Michaels. Tuesday. On NBC." Did not declare him the winner.
    I did not hear the "from" and if he hadn't won why would he be on Leno. I mean, I know why, but it did seem to infer that he was the winner.
    But Thanks for clearing that up
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

FORT Fogey

I could not stop crying. My goodness to see Bret with his daughter, and than onstage after what he has been through wow. I disagreed with the matching totals. I think that basically made it seem that Trump was doing a PR/heartstring win. If Bret won, than Bret won, and if Snapple was going to give more money, it should have went to Bret. I don't just odd all the way around, but the emotional moments made watching worth it. I think that Holly had it in the bag until Bret got sick, and than Trump jumped on the PR wagon and knew it would give him much more exposure, but the matching donation was his way of giving Holly a win too. I think it would have come across better if he would have said in addition to the 250,000 the winner and runner up will get a share of the profits from their drink not to exceed a certain amount so that Holly got something, but Bret got more for winning.

What the heck is that black thing Maria is wearing on the side of her head??

THRILLED Brett won. His team used him and his creative ideas for every task, usually without giving him credit-- yet he sat there and took it calmly in the boardroom every week. I didn't care for him before the show, I guess I just thought he was a 'rocker' with not that much upstairs. Boy was I wrong! My husband and I were rooting for him the last few shows. Holly was nice tonight, but that was the first time. Her rotten personality came through every show. And even tonight she wouldn't admit Brett's ideas were that good, kept stressing her whole campaign was better, and at the end even had to stress that autism was more prevalent than diabetes and cancer together. That may be true, but a parent whose child is extremely sick because of diabetes would care much more about help in the cure for that disease.

And the swimmer's attitude ticked me off in the boardroom tonight. Why couldn't she just say Brett was a good team manager, even if she believed otherwise? What did it matter by then?! And that was her team-- she should have been loyal to it. I think being friends with Holly Robinson Peet and all her huge connections must have gone to her head. Oh well, good series--- I hope they have another Celebrity Apprentice next year, love them!

Ugh. Did Joan just say she & Melissa have a new show coming up? I am sooooo not a Melissa Rivers fan.

Yeah Brett now go sit down and rest some place! Ok can we find and island to send Joan and that wack job she calls a daughter to. I am so sick of her.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread