+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5/23/10 Discussion **Spoiler Alert**

Re: 5/23/10 Discussion **Spoiler Alert**

What is Bret's flavor sweeten with?
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

Quote Originally Posted by becca;3911161;
    What is Bret's flavor sweeten with?
    Aspartame. Also, it's 5 calories, not 0 calories. Sadly I won't be drinking it because of the aspartame - still glad he won though.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Aspartame is yucky. I was hoping he'd use stevia
    Autism is a neurological disorder that impairs socialization and communication.Experts estimate that three to six children out of every 1,000 will have Autism spectrum disorder. Males are four times more likely to have ASD than females.* As of 2013, 1 in every 50 children is now affected by autism

Glad Snapple gave both charities the money. Really, it was the only decision to make PR-wise. And I am glad also because some of the kids I work with have Autism and I have family members who are diabetic. Wish it wasn't Aspartame, though. I try to stay away from that. Might get a bottle of both once to try them, though.

Sometimes people who are creative get the raw end of the deal. Bret was wise in that he went with his gut YET used Summer's organizional skills. I TOTALLY agree that it is time for Bret to go home and take care of himself not only for his health for for those two darling, sweet baby girls of his. They need their Daddy more than we need him to be Trump's Apprentice winner. That does not take away from the fact that Bret is awesome and deserves to win. We just care BRET!

Excellent win! Very satisfying.

I didn't like Holly all season but concede she was gracious on the final show. She admitted she had received a poor edit.

She was gracious to Bret, remaining standing for his entrance. She even conceded her mother (?) was sort of rooting for Bret. There wasn't any negativity in her comments tonight. She managed to show her softer side and she left with an extra $250,000 just for showing up.

Where can you buy her "Babymaker" silver dress?

Brett had the best storyline. He overcame the most obstacles. He also probably put the most effort into the show. I agree he could win on merit alone. A lot of the tasks have to do with marketing and creativity. He has that in spades whereas Holly had very little. Conservative advertising is rarely the most effective.

I was really glad they brought his daughter to see him before the final, and that we got to see a little of their relationship. That was very nice. She is a wonderful person and they have a beautiful relationship.

Cyndi Lauper's new song and live performance turned Donald Trump's boardroom desk into a stripclub catwalk. She ended the routine with her high heels in the air. Shoot that was hilarious! Donald could do nothing but grin and bear it.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Holly may have raised more money on the show than Brett but that's what she does......She called upon the people that routinely support her. While Brett may have supported Diabetes, it's not his only focus, so for him to have gotten to the finale really does show why he deserved be named the winner.

ETA.....great insight CharmOffensive
    Last edited by Bunny555; 05-23-2010 at 11:49 PM.

I don't think there was any way Trump wasn't going to pick Bret for the win. As someone said upthread- he is good for PR. Trump is all about the bottom line and although I certainly don't think he wished any ill will on Bret, I would imagine Trump saw dollar signs when he realized how it could be used to his advantage. I think deep down he was really planning on giving Holly the title because she is more like him- all business- but when the unfortunate thing happened with Bret he had to spin it differently, hence making the charitable donations equal. How many times have we seen Joan since last season to be Trumps 'advisor' (yeah, right)- now Bret can be called back to be an 'advisor' for Celebrity Apprentice as well as the regular version and America loves him- they will tune in (as I imagine they did tonight). I really think Trump was probably very upset to hear of Bret's health issues, but once he realized he had pulled through, he had to figure out how to make that work for his show. He's a shrewd businessman- that's what he does- and I think America will be happy with that ending and tune in for the next season.

I agree, CharmOffensive. Most definitely a softer and more gracious side of Holly tonight. Too bad she didn't portray that side a little more during the season. I hate when they attribute their nastiness to a bad edit, though.

I didn't much care for her comment about there being more autism cases than juvenile diabetes, diabetes and cancer combined. Though it may be true, it sort of seemed like a bit of a low blow since diabetes was Bret's charity.

I'm pleased with the winner.

Still wondering why there was no mention of Sharon Osbourne or Bill Goldberg not being there. Curious...

FORT Fan

I was really surprised that Bret won. I thought Holly was the best apprentice.

On a side note, I think Maria has the most beautiful face I've ever seen in my life.

That's all...I'm out.

+ Reply to Thread