+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5/23/10 Discussion **Spoiler Alert**

Re: 5/23/10 Discussion **Spoiler Alert**

Quote Originally Posted by sysygygal;3911271;
    Has no one explained why Sharon was not there last night? I really missed her -- she was so good on the show.

Is there anyone out there who knows? Sharon was such a strong player, I really missed seeing her last night. And there was not even any mention of her. why is that???

Quote Originally Posted by sysygygal;3911492;
    Is there anyone out there who knows? Sharon was such a strong player, I really missed seeing her last night. And there was not even any mention of her. why is that???

No mention of her nor Goldberg. Trump must be mad at them for not coming so he didn't even acknowledge them.

Yay! Congrats to Bret, he really deserved it!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3911499;
    No mention of her nor Goldberg. Trump must be mad at them for not coming so he didn't even acknowledge them.
    Googled around a bit and apparently Goldberg's son was ill. Sharon's absence is still unexplained. Ozzy just released a new CD so maybe she's busy with that. She made the effort to appear (on tape) on Oprah for Bret, so she might just be preoccupied with her family business.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

This was the first apprentice that I would have been happy no matter who won! I love Brett and hope he will take some time off to spend with his kids. Holly I like for her no nonsense business ways. I am the same way so she doesn't bother me in the least.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3911544;
    Googled around a bit and apparently Goldberg's son was ill. Sharon's absence is still unexplained. Ozzy just released a new CD so maybe she's busy with that. She made the effort to appear (on tape) on Oprah for Bret, so she might just be preoccupied with her family business.

Oh - get well to Goldberg's son...I read on another board that Sharon had a charity event and Trump knew she wasn't coming. Just weird that he didn't say a word about either of them....

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3911180;
    Excellent win! Very satisfying.

I didn't like Holly all season but concede she was gracious on the final show. She admitted she had received a poor edit.

She was gracious to Bret, remaining standing for his entrance. She even conceded her mother (?) was sort of rooting for Bret. There wasn't any negativity in her comments tonight. She managed to show her softer side and she left with an extra $250,000 just for showing up.

Where can you buy her "Babymaker" silver dress?

Brett had the best storyline. He overcame the most obstacles. He also probably put the most effort into the show. I agree he could win on merit alone. A lot of the tasks have to do with marketing and creativity. He has that in spades whereas Holly had very little. Conservative advertising is rarely the most effective.

I was really glad they brought his daughter to see him before the final, and that we got to see a little of their relationship. That was very nice. She is a wonderful person and they have a beautiful relationship.

Cyndi Lauper's new song and live performance turned Donald Trump's boardroom desk into a stripclub catwalk. She ended the routine with her high heels in the air. Shoot that was hilarious! Donald could do nothing but grin and bear it.
    Cyndi's performance cracked me up as well. One of the oddest things you'll ever see in the boardroom that's for sure!

I can believe Holly got a bit of a harsh edit-but she gave them plenty of material to work with. I think she likely had more lighthearted moments that they failed to show. She and Summer bonded somehow. We saw snippets, but she was mainly shown as all business. I don't think they did that to edit her as a witch, either. I truly believe that Trump just loves those who go to war in business so her edit was actually a sort of compliment in Trumpworld.

Now Cyndi, I think she got the other side of that edit. Sure Trump likes her, but she was there to be the oddball. I'm sure she was not all over the place all the time but there were moments where they would start with the loopy music the minute she hit the screen. He respects her as a creative artist, but he brought her there to bring the crazy.

I hate when Trump tests friendships in the boardroom. He did it earlier in the season when he attacked Rosie O'Donnell knowing that she is a good friend of Cyndi's and was trying to garner some response from her. I'm glad Cyndi didn't play his game. Then he did it with Summer and Holly. Sure, Summer should have been able to come up with a diplomatic response, she is an intelligent woman after all. He still came off a bit rude and mean spirited to her last night. He just has this way of being an ass.

Even when Holly came out and she remained standing I believe he told her to sit-it just never crossed his mind that she may be standing for Bret as the rest of the place was at that time. I don't think it's in Trump to pay that sort of homage to someone. The man is lacking in social skills, and the way he likes to put friendships through his "tests" makes me believe he didn't have many true ones of his own at some point in his life.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I didn't root for before the finale, but I thought Holly deserved the title more than Bret did. They both did a good job throughout the season, but I believe that she did a way better job in the final task.

But going into it, I knew that there was no possible way that she would win. She knew it herself. But she tried so hard to convince Trump during the live finale; she even tried to mention sob stories of her own.

However, even with the story of her mother and the care she has for her son, Bret had the best sob story of them all. And with this win, that sob story turned into a redemption arc, which most viewers love to see.

I agree that this win is great publicity for the show, for Trump, and for Bret. And it's kinda unfortunate to say that that publicity was one of the main driving forces for Bret's win. But really, nothing against the guy. I, like the rest of America, was pulling for him to make it through his brain aneurysm. Combine his survival with his story of Raine being borderline diabetic, Bret was just an all-around likable guy--even though he wasn't perceived that way before the show--who was obviously going to win.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Holly mentioned how many families are affected by autism. I just wanted to say that many more are affected by diabetes and those numbers will be skyrocketing in the years to come.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Haven't been in here in a long time! Wow. Anyways, count me in on the happy that Bret won camp. Compared to Holly he was a more well-rounded competitor and in the project manager role, he won twice...wasn't Holly's record 1-2? Bret just came off as looser and at ease in his Snapple presentation. Sure there is some credence to being sympathetic to his recent challenges but overall I'd say he earned this on merit.

+ Reply to Thread