+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey fan*addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh Pa
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3905274;
    As I was switching back and forth between this show and Survivor, I missed how Brett and Holly got the helpers that they did. Were they assigned or did they choose? If they were assigned, Brett sure got the short end of the stick.
    Apparently they were assigned by Trump. Trump sent Holly & Bret to Snapple the "war room" and told them he would send in a team to help them.

  2. #32
    FORT Fan rebotco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    383

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    A couple of thoughts:

    So far, the edit makes Holly look like the front runner (although did I miss something? I'm not sure which version of the flavor they chose) and Bret's project seems like a train wreck, but of course that doesn't mean anything and it's probably done that way to throw us all off.

    Shame on all of us for affording Donald Trump any sort of celebrity status at all. He has fired regular Apprentice candidates who indicated they wanted to quit, yet he brought back Darryl Strawberry, who did nothing when he was on the show and then quit. I just don't think Trump is any sort of honorable man (and I can't say for sure if that's business or personal, it's just my overall impression).

    Between Ivanka and Donald Jr. there isn't half a personality, and I'm not so sure either is tremendously business-savvy, which is to say would either one be a business success if they weren't Trumps working for Trump?

    Maria bites her nails - that just strikes me as so odd. I've noticed it all season and it's just something I've never seen an adult doing.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,550

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3905538;
    A couple of thoughts:

    So far, the edit makes Holly look like the front runner (although did I miss something? I'm not sure which version of the flavor they chose) and Bret's project seems like a train wreck, but of course that doesn't mean anything and it's probably done that way to throw us all off.

    Shame on all of us for affording Donald Trump any sort of celebrity status at all. He has fired regular Apprentice candidates who indicated they wanted to quit, yet he brought back Darryl Strawberry, who did nothing when he was on the show and then quit. I just don't think Trump is any sort of honorable man (and I can't say for sure if that's business or personal, it's just my overall impression).

    Between Ivanka and Donald Jr. there isn't half a personality, and I'm not so sure either is tremendously business-savvy, which is to say would either one be a business success if they weren't Trumps working for Trump?

    Maria bites her nails - that just strikes me as so odd. I've noticed it all season and it's just something I've never seen an adult doing.

    You make some very good points. The Donald has done and said so many things that portray him in a negative light, that I can barely stand to watch him, however, I wanted to watch this season because of Bret and Sharon. I watched last time because of Joan. She was a hoot to say the least!LOL.

    Plus, it's for charity, so I have to put aside my contempt for the Donald due to those who need the help. I'm a type I diabetic and want loads of money for the American Diabetes Association. Go Bret!!!!

  4. #34
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    187

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    By the way, was I the only one who wondered why Curtis got fired, when he's clearly the most capable of the whole group.

    Just look at him with Holly, he's taking responsibility and he's working with Holly, whereas Maria is doing... I don't know what she's doing, but it isn't a whole lot.

    Curtis got treated like some dumb bimbo, pretty to look at, but not much more, and he's proven that he's far more capable than that.
    This is not a signature.

  5. #35
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos;3905438;
    She was sick with swine flu. This wasn't like she had a cold. BIG difference. Also, Michael never told Donald what his family emergency was, or how long he would be gone for. It's pretty hard to keep someone around when they're not even going to tell you why theyre leaving in the first place.
    I read that he left because his kid got into a fight at school. That's probably why he didn't tell Trump what the issue was - he was just using a barely acceptable reason to get himself off of the show. He didn't even seem to want to come back.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #36
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,688

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    I disagree - I didn't see anything come out of Curtis until he decorated the kitchen in the apartment challenge. IMO Bret & Holly did far more than he did throughout the series...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3905574;
    By the way, was I the only one who wondered why Curtis got fired, when he's clearly the most capable of the whole group.

    Just look at him with Holly, he's taking responsibility and he's working with Holly, whereas Maria is doing... I don't know what she's doing, but it isn't a whole lot.

    Curtis got treated like some dumb bimbo, pretty to look at, but not much more, and he's proven that he's far more capable than that.

  7. #37
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    I love Curtis, but the problem is that he had only managed one project all along. I though last week if he didn't put himself forward as PM, it would be the end for him, you can't win having just managed 1 project. However maybe he thought there was still another week left given that Maria was still there.

    I missed the first few minutes - can someone tell me what Maria did/said to get fired right off the bat?

    As much as I found Holly annoying all season, I think she's doing a great job with her project so far. And Curtis has been a very strong contributor. Got the passion fruit flavour, then found a basket full of them out of season!

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey Maybaybie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    990

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    Doesn't the last task seem very un-apprentice-like? Haven't all the past seasons had a big shin-dig/gala/fundraiser/golf tourny that the contestants needed to set up/create/organize and throw? Even last year I think I remember Annie and Joan throwing a big ta-doo as the final task because I think I remember Joan had problems with her designer or something like that. This season they are making a Snapple drink with a commercial and a print ad? It doesn't seem like anything worthy of a final task. Maybe it's just me...

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,550

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3905637;
    Doesn't the last task seem very un-apprentice-like? Haven't all the past seasons had a big shin-dig/gala/fundraiser/golf tourny that the contestants needed to set up/create/organize and throw? Even last year I think I remember Annie and Joan throwing a big ta-doo as the final task because I think I remember Joan had problems with her designer or something like that. This season they are making a Snapple drink with a commercial and a print ad? It doesn't seem like anything worthy of a final task. Maybe it's just me...

    Yes, you are right. I remember seasons where they had big to dos. such as at Madison Square Garden and a Golf Club. I don't get it. Maybe the economy has something to do with it. The Donald is pinching pennies.

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,688

    Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

    I was looking forward to seeing who Bret was going to get donations from...Does seem like the Donald is trying to hold onto his pennies...





    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3905674;
    Yes, you are right. I remember seasons where they had big to dos. such as at Madison Square Garden and a Golf Club. I don't get it. Maybe the economy has something to do with it. The Donald is pinching pennies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.