+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

Re: 5/16 show discussion *spoiler alert*

I like Holly but, I love Brett and want him to win! DT is such a hypocrite all the inapproriate behavior he has shown in the boardroom and America has not fired him yet. Donald trump is the biggest road apple there is. on earth.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3905192;
    They HAVE to give it to Bret now due to the overwhelming sympathy. But they'll never SAY that's why.

It's almost a catch-22 : if they don't give it to Bret, people will say it's due to his health scare and Trump didn't want it to seem they gave in to peer pressue BUT if they do give it to Bret, people will say it was due to his health scare and Trump didn't want to seem insensitive. Darn if you do and darn if you don't.

Having said all that...it will go to Bret.
    This is what I think would be fairest - and felt it should've been done last year:

I think this year they shouldn't have the final boardroom, and the win be based on how much they earn and the other factors in regard to the final challenge itself. They shouldn't do a defending one's case - if nothing else to avoid a similar incident like Annie versus Joan last year. Neither actually helped their case, and if I had been Trump, I'd probably just up and fired both and given the award to the third place team or divided it up between the final five.

I worry about a final boardroom with the duo arguing affecting Brett's health, but I DO NOT want them to just award it to him. It's not fair to him nor Holly nor any of the contestants to award it out of pity. I think even he'd say that.

There can be a happy medium here, and I think Trump is savvy enough to actually work it out where it's fair to both contestants in the finals.

Heck, we may actually see a tie and both teams win, though even here I feel that it wouldn't be fair to either contestant because they put so much work into the challenge.

(BTW - when they kept every week announcing well-wishes to Brett, I had a hunch he might be in the final two. It was weird, but it was a hunch.)

FORT Fan

Well that was... anti-climactic.

We all saw it coming, there was no surprise.
    This is not a signature.

As I was switching back and forth between this show and Survivor, I missed how Brett and Holly got the helpers that they did. Were they assigned or did they choose? If they were assigned, Brett sure got the short end of the stick.

I can't believe I missed this episode I was at a Survivor finale party - for some reason my DVR didn't tape it! I believe that MSNBC replays it one night during the week. Does anyone know when? Yay for Bret!!!!!!!! He will make it to the finale - he is starting his concert tour on May 28th. I think it's way too soon, but what do I know?

FORT Fogey

I have a feeling that Sharon was on contract for her appearance, and was guaranteed a fee plus a chance at more with the tasks. She was not held to the level the others were for her leaving. I mean Michael could not go home and comeback for a family emergency, but she could continue even though she missed several tasks? Just the lame way he fired her made no sense like she knew it. I think she was told she would stay until they needed to use her for a firing to keep others.

I think Curtis proved in the last task that he could have been a good contender. Why he never was shown to be more than eye candy during the show, I do not know.

I think Summer for Bret was good for the team as Curtis proved for Holly. I think Darryl and Maria were basically useless so I think the teams were even. There was no way Trump was going to miss having Summer work against Holly, and Bret did not have a counterpart that was equal to their relationship to make it fair if Summer were on Holly's team.

I think Trump will surprise us with a twist ending due to Bret's health. It is obvious that if Bret does show up, that he will not be medically allowed to have the stress of a boardroom type ending. I see him possibly splitting the money fairly and having a more honor to Bret for still being alive show. I may be wrong, but I do think Trump has a heart in there through all the arrogance, and like above his is in a no win situation here with whom to choose.

On a side note, I think that if the contestants have to participate in the last task as a helper they should be given a donation to their charity if their team wins for their work.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3905288;
    I can't believe I missed this episode I was at a Survivor finale party - for some reason my DVR didn't tape it! I believe that MSNBC replays it one night during the week. Does anyone know when? Yay for Bret!!!!!!!! He will make it to the finale - he is starting his concert tour on May 28th. I think it's way too soon, but what do I know?
    I believe it repeats on friday nights. I, too, need to watch without flipping back and forth. I missed the entire first hour because I was so into Survivor.

I have no problem with the final two. Actually like it better than if Sharon were there. Her win would have seen scripted. I don't know how or why she was fired,but I like this F2.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Thanks! I have to see it - I love Bret & hoped he'd be in the finals. I can't stand Holly, but figured she'd be in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3905306;
    I believe it repeats on friday nights. I, too, need to watch without flipping back and forth. I missed the entire first hour because I was so into Survivor.

I have no problem with the final two. Actually like it better than if Sharon were there. Her win would have seen scripted. I don't know how or why she was fired,but I like this F2.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3905301;
    I have a feeling that Sharon was on contract for her appearance, and was guaranteed a fee plus a chance at more with the tasks. She was not held to the level the others were for her leaving. I mean Michael could not go home and comeback for a family emergency, but she could continue even though she missed several tasks? Just the lame way he fired her made no sense like she knew it. I think she was told she would stay until they needed to use her for a firing to keep others.

She was sick with swine flu. This wasn't like she had a cold. BIG difference. Also, Michael never told Donald what his family emergency was, or how long he would be gone for. It's pretty hard to keep someone around when they're not even going to tell you why theyre leaving in the first place.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos;3905438;
    She was sick with swine flu. This wasn't like she had a cold. BIG difference. Also, Michael never told Donald what his family emergency was, or how long he would be gone for. It's pretty hard to keep someone around when they're not even going to tell you why theyre leaving in the first place.
    Yeah, I never held Sharon's absence against her. At the time, I thought she ought to just stay gone because she had missed so much, but Trump allowed her back, so it was a level playing field again. His choice.

There's a big difference between someone that is unable to compete and someone that chooses not to compete.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast