+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Don't see a thread.

Lets make one, so we can Mock The Hair. (And Holly).

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread only until 1 a.m. Eastern

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Holly cuts on Cindy AGAIN for no apparent reason.

Of course Cindy follows up with a rant which has totally nothing to do with what was just said. Even still... man... that Holly sucks eggs.

Then Maria comes out with some puzzling interview bit reinforcing that she thinks Curtis is smug. Now... he could be... I won't say we know for sure. But we haven't seen it onscreen yet, lady.

Oh look. The Donald's Big Gold Front Door returns again. Been a few years since we last saw The Big Gold Front Door (I think the last time was on one of the "regular" Apprentice seasons).

Donald pretends that this guy Richard standing next to him likes Donald's taste. Richard doesn't look so sure. But it looks like he's filling in for Ivanka this week. Also, Donald embarrasses Little Donald when Little Donald can't read a Cue Card properly.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-09-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Poor Bret stuck with those two - he doesn't stand a chance

On Tenacity (with new recruit Bret)... Holly pretends in an Interview that she cares about Cyndi and Cyndi's charity. She doesn't sound very sincere.

Bret comes off as the sane one of this new trio. Wow.

Meanwhile, on Rock Solid... Curtis actually maybe makes some tiny bit of Maria's apparent crazy paranoid ranting seem true, because we hear him say he plans to charm the ladies and get them liking him. Okay, honestly. That's not that strange a thing to say. Maria is STILL sounding crazy and paranoid.

Cindy, Holly, and Bret are on the same team, while Maria, Sharon, and Curtis are on the other.

How does Holly manage to insult Cyndi even when she's theoretically saying something nice? "Cyndi, you can take the CRAZY room" [subtext: because Cyndi, you are crazy! Crazy, batty, nutty, koo-koo, etc.]

On the other team, Maria's... quirky taste [Sharon calls it "truck stop taste"]... battles Sharon's theory that the place is going to be filled with conservative businessmen.

And we get some more paranoid rantings from Maria. She's apparently a really odd combo of unhinged and hot. If I were Curtis' I'd make sure my door was locked at night.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-09-2010 at 09:25 PM.

In this episode I need to side with Holly. Cyndi didn't want to risk running the task and won't listen to Holly when it comes to executing it.

And Sharon is taking a page from Bret's book in espinoge.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I think Maria is getting a "boot edit". I won't be surprised if she leaves tonight.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I'm getting a strong sense that if Rock Solid loses then we get a battle royale where Maria blasts Curtis for being smug, and Sharon for being conservative (ultimately there's no way Trump keeps Maria over Sharon Freaking Osborne though, since Sharon is not only a much bigger name but also an ongoing NBC employee--so Maria goes), whereas if Tenacity loses Holly tries to sell Cyndi as "nutty and uncontrollable", but Holly goes home for not integrating the two rooms well enough.

Agreed on your assessment Krom!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast