+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #61
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos;3898680;
    Apparently the first firing in next weeks episode is due solely to a "rude" comment made in the boardroom. I guess we can at least cancel Bret and Curtis out for that one
    Then there's no suspense--its Maria.

    It can't be Sharon, because Sharon is too big a star for Trump to fire on a second's whim. It's probably not Bret, because Bret is actually reasonably polite even if he's a whack job. As you say, Curtis is also unlikely for this.

    Holly is fully capable of that kind of obnoxiousness, but... Trump just went out of his way to save her presence on the show.

    Ergo, its Maria.

    Supporting this theory is the reliance on Joan Rivers next week. Joan hates pretty young things, and Joan hates anyone who doesn't kiss her ass. I don't see Maria kissing Joan's ass, so... I bet Joan will totally trash Maria in her "review" of her to Trump, and then Maria will fire back when its mentioned in the ballroom, and Trump will get on his high horse and fire her straight off for back-talking his magnificent previous choice for a winner (note my sarcasm).
    Last edited by Krom; 05-11-2010 at 03:07 AM.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  2. #62
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Cairon;3898690;
    Seriously, I care LESS about autistic kids because of Holly's disgusting behaviour.
    Okay....that's like saying that Hitler loved his mother so I hate mothers. One persons actions cannot define an entire comunity of people. I may choose to ignore a charity that carries her name, but would not discount all things autistic because of her. Just because I don't eat at McDonald's does not mean that I won't eat burgers at all. Some things need not be all encompassing.

    To the person that stated that it's ironic that she has no patience, that's a good point. Leads me to believe that her son may be on the higher end of the spectrum. Not to diminish the struggles of parents with high functioning autistic children, but it's a far cry from the family that deals with a child who is non verbal.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  3. #63
    FORT Fogey Tobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I read or heard somewhere that one of Bret's friends said that it was no wonder that he had the brain hemorrhage because the show was so stressful for him. I have wondered if the show is as stressful as they edit it because why would you put yourself through that if you were already a millionaire and didn't need the money and could drop the same amount on your charity yourself? Not worth your health and some have done damage to their image in the past. The power and allure of being on TV must be a mighty aphrodisiac.

  4. #64
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3899496;
    I read or heard somewhere that one of Bret's friends said that it was no wonder that he had the brain hemorrhage because the show was so stressful for him. I have wondered if the show is as stressful as they edit it because why would you put yourself through that if you were already a millionaire and didn't need the money and could drop the same amount on your charity yourself? Not worth your health and some have done damage to their image in the past. The power and allure of being on TV must be a mighty aphrodisiac.
    That "friend" of Bret's sounds like he or she was just trying to get his or her 2 minutes on The Insider or something like that. It's absurd. The show was taped October 19, 2009 November 12th, 2009. "Stress" from that didn't carry over to 5 months later.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  5. #65
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    466

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    holly is a control freak pure and simple, but I feel she's the strongest player there. I would not equate her TV persona with who she really is: I don't
    personally know her. Cyndi is beloved, but lets face it..........she's all over the place on these tasks. I would not want to work with her at all, but I think
    she would be an interesting person to know personally. There were contestants on the show who weren't even trying and who appeared to be on for simple exposure. I give Holly alot of credit for playing a good game, speaking her mind and giving her all. Even though she should have been fired for designing that
    mess of an apartment, she fought hard to stay there (even though i think the winner is predetermined).

  6. #66
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    92

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3899455;
    Okay....that's like saying that Hitler loved his mother so I hate mothers. One persons actions cannot define an entire comunity of people. I may choose to ignore a charity that carries her name, but would not discount all things autistic because of her. Just because I don't eat at McDonald's does not mean that I won't eat burgers at all. Some things need not be all encompassing.

    To the person that stated that it's ironic that she has no patience, that's a good point. Leads me to believe that her son may be on the higher end of the spectrum. Not to diminish the struggles of parents with high functioning autistic children, but it's a far cry from the family that deals with a child who is non verbal.
    From the little bit they showed of him when he answered a question with a full sentence response, he's definitely on the higher end of the spectrum. A lot of the kids with autism that I work with will either answer questions with 1-3 word responses, may need a lot of cues/prompting to even answer with 1-3 words, or are just completely non-verbal.

  7. #67
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I liked this episode. Sorry Cyndi fans! She should have been gone a long time ago. I think Trump was saving her and Bret even though they have been constant nuisances to their teams. I like them as people though. They just tend to get in the way. I felt badly for Holly. Even though she is one of the best players left, that is a tough situation to be in. I was impressed by Bret's contributions. I thought he mellowed out this time. Maybe it was because he knew he was leaving or maybe it was because this was his first time working with these ladies. He really played his position.
    I think Cyndi was the right one to go home. You can't fire Bret for leaving when Cyndi has been m.i.a. twice before. And it is a big feat to decorate an apartment in 24-hours even if it is overdecorated. I have to cut Holly a break on that. You try it! Also, Cyndi really should have decided to be project manager. Holly is probably the least creative of the 3. Or maybe the apartment would have been a nightmare with Cyndi in charge. I'm not sure.
    Sharon is a star! I thought she did a great job. The celebrity room was clearly something just thrown together but the rest of the house made sense. I'm glad Maria didn't design anything. And I was pleasantly surprised to see that Curtis did something this time. He usually doesn't seem to take much initiative unless it involves cooking.

  8. #68
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,568

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    IMO - Bret has made significant contributions to the teams he has been on. Sometimes he has trouble articulating, but other than that he is doing extremely well & should go to the finals. He has made $120K for his charity (only second to Holly) and he hasn't even started calling in his big guns yet....

  9. #69
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    92

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3899970;
    IMO - Bret has made significant contributions to the teams he has been on. Sometimes he has trouble articulating, but other than that he is doing extremely well & should go to the finals. He has made $120K for his charity (only second to Holly) and he hasn't even started calling in his big guns yet....
    Agreed. He hasn't lost as project manager either, if I'm not mistaken.

    The only thing though is that we don't know if Bret even HAS any big guns at this point. We haven't seen Curtis's or Maria's fund raising abilities either, although I'm sure he knows some people in high places. Maria, on the other hand, is probably screwed in that department.

    We know that Sharon and Holly are both good at raising money, although I'm under the impression that Holly might have exhausted all possible resources in her first go-round. Sharon could probably make a few calls (Simon Cowell, etc) and get donations in the six figure range without an issue.

    If we're going off ability and past results, it should be Bret and Curtis. If we're going off how Trump operates, it will likely be Sharon and Holly.

  10. #70
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,568

    Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos;3900878;
    Agreed. He hasn't lost as project manager either, if I'm not mistaken.

    The only thing though is that we don't know if Bret even HAS any big guns at this point. We haven't seen Curtis's or Maria's fund raising abilities either, although I'm sure he knows some people in high places. Maria, on the other hand, is probably screwed in that department.

    We know that Sharon and Holly are both good at raising money, although I'm under the impression that Holly might have exhausted all possible resources in her first go-round. Sharon could probably make a few calls (Simon Cowell, etc) and get donations in the six figure range without an issue.

    If we're going off ability and past results, it should be Bret and Curtis. If we're going off how Trump operates, it will likely be Sharon and Holly.

    When Sharon was the TL he wanted to make some calls but she said no leave to me. I'm sure he knows many people who would send some $$ his way if asked. LOL - VH-1 owes him BIG TIME for all the new viewers he's brought over there. And he knows lots of rock stars. I'm sure he could bring in quite a bit of money if he's in the finals...

    I agree with your last statement & if that happens I will be upset. Bret earned it and as much as I love Sharon she was sick for most of the season & it wouldn't be fair to pick her over anyone else (even Holly who I can't stand)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.