+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3898625;
    Pardon the pun, but this episode showed Trump's "true colors" more than anything else. Not only is his own son incompetent enough that he forgets the name of the client, but Trump has the chutzpah to show it on camera, disgracing his own son and thinking what, that he looks better and smarter than his own son? He's disgusting. Sidenote to that - you just know that if any competitor made a mistake such as forgetting the client's name, he/she would be fired on the spot.

Holly should have been fired this week. She was the losing project manager, she made the very worst decision of the task (the green paint), and Cyndi schlepped and did the best project of the task, both teams combined.

I agree that it should have been Holly fired. What puzzled me is Trump emphasized a number of times that they were FAR behind Rock Solid in terms of the execs liking the apartment. When Holly was "taking credit" for the other FIVE rooms ... why didn't Trump say that the execs hated ALL of the other rooms and fire her? Holly was the logical choice and the red room "tactical error" was a Trumped-up reason to fire Cyndi. It was painfully obvious that he wanted to fire anyone but Holly, so I guess it is the money thing.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Oh my god... Holly is such a BEEEEE-YOTCH!
    This is not a signature.

FORT Regular

Let's face it. It's a minor miracle that Cyndi even made it this far in the show. She should have been fired in the first episode. Trump didn't fire her for being honest--he fired her for opening her mouth and giving Holly credit when she didn't need to, or wasn't asked to.

Could any of us see Cyndi doing well in the final task, leading a large group of people around something that isn't related to music and bringing in huge donors? Not a chance.

Holly Robinson is a huge, mega bee-yotch, but she definitely brings in the entertainment value. She's here to raise money for her charity, and everything else is secondary to that.

I was also glad to see Sharon in a more flattering light with her apology to Curtis. She has NOT been given a good edit prior to that, so that was nice to see.

Apparently the first firing in next weeks episode is due solely to a "rude" comment made in the boardroom. I guess we can at least cancel Bret and Curtis out for that one

FORT Fan

Cyndi is a mess of a worker, she's chaotic and random, and it's being passed off as "creative".

I would NEVER want to work with Cyndi.

BUT... I think Cyndi was the victim of Holly, who has been on a crusade against Cyndi. Holly is far more capable of spewing venom at her enemies, she's an incredibly shrewed individual, and she's playing the game in a very dirty and in an incredibly unsympathetic manner.

She is a bee-yotch, and in this game that means I don't care about her cause, I want to see her fail, fail at everything on a personal level... and that's really hurting her cause. Seriously, I care LESS about autistic kids because of Holly's disgusting behaviour.
    This is not a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3898389;
    I loved having Cyndi around, she brought the crazy and I like that in a show, but for someone like Bret to say she was hard to manage leads me to believe that a ton was left on the cutting room floor with her.

Next week I think it either comes down to Sharon vs Holly or Sharon vs Bret. I think Holly stands a huge chance because she's willing to bring the blood that Trump wants in the boardroom. She'll lose to the predetermined winner Sharon, but it'll be fun to watch the carnage.

ETA- I totally agree Holly is a gamer. Had she not brought a constant helping of bitchiness to every episode she would have gone home back in the days of Sinbad. Also, she does indeed follow Trump's lead and try to seal the fate of anyone but herself, and Trump loves that type of drama. If she were a bigger name I'd say she had a chance at this thing.

I love Sharon but she should not be in the finals - she was out most of the season. It should be Bret and Holly. And then Bret for the win!!!!

jucamer--its funny you mentioned Bret in the final 2---When he was hospitalized the statement that Donald gave, had something in it about, him being the true champion, or something like that. It jumped right out at me when I heard it.

I'm not sure she intended it this way, but when Holly was mocking how Cyndi apparently says 'No one cares about the gays. No one cares about the gays', it came off as wildly homophobic.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3898721;
    I love Sharon but she should not be in the finals - she was out most of the season. It should be Bret and Holly. And then Bret for the win!!!!
    I'd like to see another team shakeup and then Bret and Sharon in the finals. Sharon's missing a couple of tasks doesn't bother me -- several of them have had to miss some. They are celebrities, after all, and Trump is willing to make concessions in order to get a watchable cast. Nobody wants to watch celebrities with nothing going on. And, Sharon's problem was illness, so it was out of her control.

I would root for either Bret or Sharon for the win, but I don't see how Bret could possibly participate now.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3898771;
    I'd like to see another team shakeup and then Bret and Sharon in the finals. Sharon's missing a couple of tasks doesn't bother me -- several of them have had to miss some. They are celebrities, after all, and Trump is willing to make concessions in order to get a watchable cast. Nobody wants to watch celebrities with nothing going on. And, Sharon's problem was illness, so it was out of her control.

I would root for either Bret or Sharon for the win, but I don't see how Bret could possibly participate now.
    I haven't watched this show - other than the past few epsidoes - in forever Alexxx, but the Apprentice used to tape the finale task way ahead of time and the only thing that was live was the announcement of the winner and a lot of faux speculation about who Trump would announce as the winner. I would think that if Bret's not up to travel to NYC for the final 'boardroom' that they could probably have him on a satellite feed. Trump would love the drama of that.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3898777;
    I haven't watched this show - other than the past few epsidoes - in forever Alexxx, but the Apprentice used to tape the finale task way ahead of time and the only thing that was live was the announcement of the winner and a lot of faux speculation about who Trump would announce as the winner.
    OK, thanks, chris. Then maybe Bret could have a chance. I'm just really hoping for a Holly-free finale, but afraid that's not gonna happen.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast