+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Cyndi gets fired for talking up, Bret get reprimanded for not talking up. I can see why Donald is going back to regular folks, keeping his line up of promises to the celebs for being on the show is getting trickier to handle. He comes up with the worst lies to fire who needs to go that I have ever seen. Shoot Trump maybe Cyndi has had a DUI before better check it out next time. What a crock. I just watch this show to see the celebs working the tasks. The firing part is so premeditated it is silly.

Did anyone else find it odd that after Cyndi did her interview in the cab, they showed Bret putting on a coat and walking out by himself? It seemed strange that he and Holly didn't leave together.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;3898493;
    Did anyone else find it odd that after Cyndi did her interview in the cab, they showed Bret putting on a coat and walking out by himself? It seemed strange that he and Holly didn't leave together.
    Darn! I missed that.

Hmmm....He really didn't seem to enjoy having to put down Cyndi. Maybe he went after her - or just to go for a walk or something. He'd had little sleep and was probably very stressed and tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3898504;
    Darn! I missed that.

Hmmm....He really didn't seem to enjoy having to put down Cyndi. Maybe he went after her - or just to go for a walk or something. He'd had little sleep and was probably very stressed and tired.
    Yeah, he tried to make amends as Cyndi headed for the elevator and she wouldn't have any of it, so maybe Holly had enough time to get out of there. But the cameras showed only a few seconds of Bret & Cyndi before Holly vanished, and his departure felt very dramatic to me.

Admittedly, I wasn't paying attention to this episode whatsoever. I only paid attention to the firing.

I'm bummed that Cyndi was out. Reading this thread, it seems that her mouth did her in. I hate it when that happens to my favorites--it seems that they're not going to be fired, but then they screw it up by pissing off Trump.

(On a side note, I remember when Erin was fired during TA3 for winking at Trump. I don't know if that was a stupid move on her part, or a stupid move on Trump's. )

I think I'll watch from now on without a favorite. I'll just go on and make a totally random prediction that Maria wins.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Cyndi's gone? Oh well, I'm done.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Im not sure when this was filmed but didnt Holly do some designing on a show at Christmas decorating homes. I used to like Holly but not any more. If Bret was not on this show, I dont know if I would be watching it anymore.

FORT Fogey

Holly deserved to be fired. She was given a pass because she brings in the bucks period. Summer was fired for doing and being in the same position as was Goldberg the week before. Trump is going to keep you if you can bring in the dollars. Did you see his apartment, the man is a disgrace and feels money is all that matters. He only values people based on that, and if you do not have money, you better have looks.

Holly will be in the finale because Trump wants to see huge money come in. I think he really thinks he has something to do with all this money going to charity, and probably uses it to his benefit. The money does not come from him, but he can still take some credit for him. Summer was a great competitor, but she had no contacts for money. Bret and Sharon will duke it out to be the second in the finale based on who brings the cash. Maria and Curtis will be the next two to go.

FORT Fogey

Holly is just annoying. She has to control everything and every discussion and can't shut up long enough for anyone else to talk. This is the second week in a row that the only part of the finished product that the execs liked was Cyndi's part. Holly goes on and on about what a great manager she is, but she's managing her team to lose! Without Cyndi there to at least provide some creative input, whose work will Holly take credit for next week?
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Pardon the pun, but this episode showed Trump's "true colors" more than anything else. Not only is his own son incompetent enough that he forgets the name of the client, but Trump has the chutzpah to show it on camera, disgracing his own son and thinking what, that he looks better and smarter than his own son? He's disgusting. Sidenote to that - you just know that if any competitor made a mistake such as forgetting the client's name, he/she would be fired on the spot.

Another example of Trump's true colors - chastising Cyndi for being honest (!!!). I think it says miles about a person who not only would take credit for someone else's work, but by doing so isn't giving credit where it's deserved. Shame on him.

Holly should have been fired this week. She was the losing project manager, she made the very worst decision of the task (the green paint), and Cyndi schlepped and did the best project of the task, both teams combined.
    Last edited by rebotco; 05-10-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added the other "true color"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast