+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 5/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/2 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3892482;
    Methinks there's maybe more with Curtis which has landed on the cutting room floor. I mean I'll admit it. Even on the Biggest Loser I sometimes sensed something a bit off about him.

I get that Sharon is pretty full of herself. But she's STILL better than Holly--who just looks like she's constantly sensing a bad smell surrounding her.

Cyndi is one of those people who's probably mega annoying, true, but really it got so that the Summer/Holly alliance were harping on her even for things which were necessary and proper, like her vocal exercises.

Maria I'm on the fence about. I can see the egomaniac potential with her, and she sure is happy to be witchy in tandem with Sharon, but there's still something oddly likable about her.
    Here's my armchair analysis:

Curtis: I just think he's polite and genuine. On TV, that can come off as odd. In other words, a normal guy in a world that isn't normal (aka a fish out of water).

Sharon: She's just an unnecessarily cruel human being. It's not fun or funny. Take that + her potty humor away and she doesn't have a single interesting thing to say. Horrible person. I get tired of hearing her talk...what a downer.

Cyndi vs. Holly/Summer: Cyndi has to understand and respect the fact that Holly/Summer aren't obligated to bow down to her and give up their own opinions. Holly/Summer have to respect the fact that Cyndi is an exceptionally accomplished artist who may have a thing or two to say about certain tasks. Neither side gave enough in these ways to build a successful relationship. I think both are equally at fault.

Maria is the female version of Brett: I think both are very creative and think with that side of their brains (left side, right??). I like her to the extent that I like Brett. Both are fun, energetic, and creative. I didn't like what she said to Curtis tonight, though. It was pretty childish and rude. She's sort of a "baby" for lack of a better word (wheras Sharon is just plain mean and cynical).

Holly: Holly started out as a real nag, but the one thing I like about her (thus far anyway) is that she seems to be growing - i.e. learning how to interact with people better. This is in contrast to whiny Cyndi, nasty Sharon, and stupid Maria - all of whom haven't seemed to learn a single thing throughout this process.

Plus, I think that out of all of them, Holly, Summer, and Brett are/were the only ones playing with passion for the supposed purpose of the show, i.e. money for their charities. For these reasons, I am now hoping for a Holly or Brett victory. The one thing about Brett that is sort of annoying (because I am jealous) is that he is the kind of guy who success just follows. With an endearing personality and "free" spirit, it's impossible not to like and support him. For people like Holly, i.e. those who only know how to play by the rules, it's not as easy. I can relate to Holly because that is how I was raised. I would LOVE to go through life with Brett's attitude, but it's just not me. In this way, I empathize more with Holly and kind of hope that she wins for this reason. I tend to think Brett will take it, though. He really hasn't raised much money thus far, but I think he's held on to his chips as long as possible so he can cash them in in a big way at the end.

I'd love to see more of Curtis, but I don't think he'll make it past next week. The dislike by Sharon and Maria is too great. And, I doubt he has the connections needed to earn big piles of money needed for a really successful finale.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-03-2010 at 02:21 AM.

FORT Fan

I can identify with Curtis... he's a normal guy.

Curtis has a good head on his shoulders, when he says something it makes sense, he's professional and clear.

The others seem a bit more concerned with their image. Brett and Sharon together are living out a little fantasy, they're having fun, but it's too much fun. They're too much about being snappy rock-stars.

Cyndi is off on a world of her own... but I've noticed this episode that she's not willing to receive unwarranted praise. When she was described as the backbone and strongest player she shot up and she clearly didn't aggree with it, shaking her head in earnest.

Holly is too concerned about hating and bringing down Cyndi... although she's begun toning it down... thank god.

Summer... Summer is Summer... there's not a whole lot there to comment on.

I do think it was incredibly childish that Sharon and Maria were just plain nasty to Curtis... Curtis sat there and smiled, and pointed out the obvious thing: they have never worked together, so their opinion is based on absolutely nothing except superficial impressions.

Curtis during the task didn't do a whole lot... but he did raise one incredibly strong point... the same thing the executives raised... too much talk, too many words. Curtis got shot down when he mentioned it during the task.
    This is not a signature.

FORT Fogey

I have to give it to Trump on one instance, he has expectations for his children, and they are raised right. I do wonder though where Ivanka came from as she is the only one that does not look like him. Even the younger two are quite resembling of Donald. I respect though that they were born rich, and still work hard and keep themselves out of trouble.

Brett is an amazing human being. He has faults, like we all do, but deep down he is endearing in so many ways. He gets that life is not supposed to always be serious, but when he needs to, you can tell he loves and puts his all out there.

Curtis has to be the least represented on this show. Who is this guy? I know nothing about him at all. I know Sharon is annoying at times, but something had to have happened to make her hate him so much, and for Maria to just join right in. Curtis should have went, Summer out of everyone worked hard. I think name recognition did her in, and the fact that Trump knew that she had no chance at raising the money in the end. Holly is still here because of her connection to Summer and her money raising ability. I think it is obvious her and Bret will be the final two because Trump likes to throw the money around, and knows these two will bring the most in.

On a side note, I did not know Curtis was dating Lyndsay Price. She is one of my favorites actresses.

FORT Fan

Trump's third groinspawn is not much of a looker... he looks a bit... sickly.

I love Trump Sr. wearing lipstick... I bet it's cherry-flavoured.
    This is not a signature.

Is it a requirement that if you are a Trump Jr you must keep your hair all the same length and slick it back? Not attractive at all.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Hmm. Regarding Sharon, I just think she has a low tolerance level for those who judge creative, interesting(if off the wall) people prematurely.
    She probably hasn't forgotten that Curtis and his ilk (Michael etc.) were throwing Brett under the bus early in this game, and she obviously adores and respects Brett highly. Early in the game, Curtis and Michael refused to see that Brett could perhaps be an asset to their team (possibly because he's a rock star?). They gave him nothing to do, which resulted in Brett going a little stir crazy... they then proclaimed Brett to be "hard to manage." She's a bit of a reverse snob in that she doesn't like conservative, "boring" people, but she isn't without some justification when it comes to this show. She also had to watch Holly and Summer belittle Cindy every opportunity they had.
    Sure, Cindy can be flaky, and Cindy can be bossy, but Cindy is GREAT at what she does. It's just so insulting to watch Summer and Holly express doubt again and again as to whether Cindy can handle her musical tasks. To give Curtis credit, though he was blind with Brett, he has learned to keep a more open mind with Cindy. Perhaps learning what Brett was capable of has taught him a lesson about pre-judgement.
    I'm glad Summer is gone, it should be interesting to watch Holly go about this show without Summer leeched onto her. And Curtis deserved the opportunity to stay, if only because he is showing himself to be more open to working with those around him.

All of that said, I felt Maria saying she wanted to punch him to be ridiculous. I find her capable, and even a little likeable, but she is just always trying so hard all the time to prove herself. She should just relax a little and take the forefront when she NEEDS to, instead of always trying to show everyone how talented she is, it's annoying!

FORT Fogey

The correct person was eliminated last night. The only better scenario would have been a double elimination with Summer and Holly. They were so condescending towards Cyndi, doubting whether she could handle even a single singing task. Do they have any idea who she is? In the end, Cyndi was the only part of Tenacity's commercials that the executives liked. Summer was the one pressing so hard to make the speaking portions so crammed full of too much information and talking way too fast. Holly couldn't agree with her fast enough. Curtis voiced the need to slow it down, and also supported Cyndi doing the singing, even when her voice wasn't 100%. She's Cyndi freaking Lauper. If you have a singing task, you use her. No brainer. She should have done the singing on all three commercials. Why wasn't any of that brought up in the boardroom? Curtis needs to speak up more for himself. He nearly got himself eliminated by not bringing up those points.

Sharon is crude, but creative. Bret likes to push the boundaries maybe a little too much and Maria is just trying to hold her own with the fast, fun crowd. This team respects each other and has fun. That translates into an excellent finished product. Trump called them formidable. I was disappointed that Bret kept the crack joke in the commercial, but the execs must have really loved everything else in order to give them the win. That, and Tenacity missed the mark by so much.

The previous comment about swimmers not being competitive with other people -- wrong. It may look that way because you're in a lane by yourself and you're swimming against a clock, rather than on a field with a couple dozen other people fighting over a ball, but swimmers are every bit as competitive as other athletes, and put in just as much time training. Your clock is competing against the other guy's clock, and the winner is often determined by hundredths of a second. It can be a killer to come that close and still not win.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

This season is getting pretty disappointing. Sharon and Cindy seem set up to go all or at least most of the way. Like Joan Rivers last year they've been given passes no one else would get. I like them both but they haven't really stood out at all on the show. Sharon got beat 2-1 in fundraising last week and was still never in danger.

I didn't think Cindy deserved a free pass from Trump on this task. She was the creative one on the team and they lost because they were uncreative. While Summer probably still should have taken the fall Cindy could have stepped up and made them more creative. She should at least gotten some hits for that and if she was treated like everyone else probably would have.

I watched the last 2 episodes to see Bret Michaels. I'd only known him from flipping past Rock of Love and a couple of Posion songs so, after his health incident, I wanted to see why FoRTers were so impressed with him on CA. I watched the first season of the Apprentice and have rarely watched since then but it is a show that is pretty easy to drop in and watch a few episodes here and there.

I completely agree that Bret is very impressive in the Apprentice setting. He is very creative, intelligent and has a collaborative leadership style. Interestingly, this combination of traits tends to be more common amongst highly successful women but it makes sense given he is essentially an artist. Holly and Summer, conversely, have typical alpha-male leadership styles where there isn't a lot of collaboration and not much creativity. As Alexxx said, the condescension they show toward Cyndi Lauper is ridiculous. And Holly considers herself a singer on par with Cyndi? Delusional.

Holly may be successful at raising funds but she has no people skills, wants to assume alpha status at all times and is too threatened to truly allow anyone else to contribute in a meaningful fashion. And, in just the two epsiodes I've seen, I don't see her toning that down at all. One of the last things she said on the show last night was how she 'didn't want to go back' and sit with the other team. Is she in the 3rd grade? And it was just another way to make everything about her. I've seen her inteviewed on Oprah a couple of times and had a very positive impression of her but, I guess that goes to show, that a setting like the Apprentice really exposes more comprehensive aspects of people's personalities.

Bret, though, is fantastic. I really hope he continues to recover in the hospital and will probably watch the next few episodes to see how this season turns out. And anyone else who isn't watching this season should consider it just to see Bret's multifaceted abilities. CNBC also still shows repeats of the shows on Friday evenings, so I DVR'd last weeks show on Friday and then watched it just before last night's episode on NBC.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3892455;
    Wow, Eric is kinda skeevy looking, isn't he?
    that's exactly the word we used. I don't know what it is, but he's just skeevy.

I dislike Holly and Summer even more, if possible, after this weeks episode, and I went in to the show wanting to like them. They are so dismissive and belittling of Cyndi, personally as well as her creativity and experience. They are a couple of cold butt, entitled feeling stuck up witches.

I don't get the hating on Curtis, especially when they haven't even worked with him. Maria saying she wanted to punch him in the face every time she sees him?? I lost respect for Sharon over this, never had much for Maria. Maria is just a follower. If Sharon had said she loved Curtis you know Maria would have been right there saying the same thing. She's very immature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast