+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 4/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba;3875846;
    Secondly, why didn't Holly get fired? The women lost because they targeted the wrong demographic...which was Holly's sole idea.
    Ratings. Plain and simple. Holly is going to create drama because none of the remaining women like her, with the possible exception of Summer.

Holly has the potential to make the final two IMO, but it remains to be seen whether she'll be Annie Duke (a one-woman show who manages to get things done despite pissing everyone off) or Omarosa (self-explanatory).

I'm not a big fan of Holly on this show, but I do think Maria is morphing into the Annie Duke role. I felt that for the past 2 weeks. I don't think Trump will look to fire her too soon, either.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I wonder how the men's team will do if Brett has to leave. They turn to him so often for crucial contributions, except Sinbad, who went down like the Titanic. I'm sure The Hair plans to shake things up soon, but in a week or two there may not be a man left in the game. Here's to hoping Brett stays, not only because I like the guy, but who wants someone to leave because their kid is sick? Nobody wants to win that badly. There's a chance a few other things may have sent her sugar soaring-hope that's the case. Slim hope is better than no hope.

If he stays let's hope during the shakeup he ends up on a good team. I don't see Trump splitting up Holly/Sharon(if she stays)/Cyndi. The fireworks makes for good tv. That leaves room for Brett to work as he's been working.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I cannot stand that whining puke, Brett. Reading about how many of you are liking him just makes me shake my head and wonder if we're all watching the same show. He's not happy unless he's leading. He'll lead even if he's not the project manager, and the assigned project manager doesn't want him to lead...he's self-centered, and takes every opportunity to bring the subject around to HIMself...(or now, using his daughters, potential diabetes, for sympathy and attention seeking...) oy. the guy's a creep, and I can't wait for him, his fake hair and his fake personality to disappear.
    Where does Trump come up with these "celebrities"....wouldn't it be more appropriate to say, "D-List Apprentice" ..."Can't buy your way in to any other roles on tv? We have room for you at Trump enterprises. Let US make a fool of you for a few weeks, after all, your own efforts, while worthy, are just not getting you enough negative attention. Welcome to the cast."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3876214;
    I wonder how the men's team will do if Brett has to leave. They turn to him so often for crucial contributions, except Sinbad, who went down like the Titanic. I'm sure The Hair plans to shake things up soon, but in a week or two there may not be a man left in the game. Here's to hoping Brett stays, not only because I like the guy, but who wants someone to leave because their kid is sick? Nobody wants to win that badly. There's a chance a few other things may have sent her sugar soaring-hope that's the case. Slim hope is better than no hope.

If he stays let's hope during the shakeup he ends up on a good team. I don't see Trump splitting up Holly/Sharon(if she stays)/Cyndi. The fireworks makes for good tv. That leaves room for Brett to work as he's been working.
    Brett has contributed a lot to the team. He's come up with a lot of the creative ideas and has a good understanding of marketing. He definitely needs to be managed sometimes. I thought Curtis did a great job of using Brett's creativity but reigning him in when it was required.

I'd love to see Brett and Cyndi on the same team with one of them as PM, just to see how one creative type manages the other.

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia;3876255;
    I cannot stand that whining puke, Brett. Reading about how many of you are liking him just makes me shake my head and wonder if we're all watching the same show. He's not happy unless he's leading. He'll lead even if he's not the project manager, and the assigned project manager doesn't want him to lead...he's self-centered, and takes every opportunity to bring the subject around to HIMself...(or now, using his daughters, potential diabetes, for sympathy and attention seeking...) oy. the guy's a creep, and I can't wait for him, his fake hair and his fake personality to disappear.
    Where does Trump come up with these "celebrities"....wouldn't it be more appropriate to say, "D-List Apprentice" ..."Can't buy your way in to any other roles on tv? We have room for you at Trump enterprises. Let US make a fool of you for a few weeks, after all, your own efforts, while worthy, are just not getting you enough negative attention. Welcome to the cast."

I have to disagree with you. Bret is the only one on the men's team with a shred of creativity. The men recognize it too. Notice that both Blago and Curtis turned to Bret for the basic concepts/ideas of their projects. He might be a little high strung but that's his personality. The men have learned to deal with it. In the beginning, I would have agreed with you that he isn't a good follower. Since then, he's proven that with the right leadership...someone who respects him and gives him space to be himself...he can work. Even when he disagreed with Curtis this week, he went with his decision.

As for his daughter potentially having diabetes...the production team decided to include that. It's a gold mine for them. I'd hardly say Bret is exploiting his daughter's illness for attention.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba;3875846;
    Okay, Brett and Maria are becoming my favorites. Secondly, why didn't Holly get fired? The women lost because they targeted the wrong demographic...which was Holly's sole idea.
    Trump's firing decisions used to drive me crazy. I finally realized the only way I can watch this show is to watch it sole for the entertainment value of how the contestants interact with each other manage the task. I no longer expect that the worst person will get fired. The board room is just part of the entertainment.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia;3876255;

except I don't think his personality is a fake one (which, to me, makes it more pathetic)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Brett, no doubt, has shown he can be a P.I.T.A. That said,the men have leaned heavily on him at times, and he has come through to the best of his abilities. Time and time again they come back to him and use him for his creative abilities, and knowing that this will put him in the line of fire should they lose, he has stood behind the decisions he has been asked to make. Does he like to be in charge, likely, but tons of people fall into that trap. Can he be led? Certainly, which is what makes him a valuable asset to a pretty weak men's team.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fanatic

It seems to me that Bret as "creative" with Curtis as team leader is an excellent combination.

I thought that Annie Duke was the most obnoxious person I had ever seen on TV, but Holly RP is giving her a run for her money. In fact, I think about the only thing HRP has over AD at this point is that she is--thank doG--too dignified to boast on camera about her oral sex skills.

+ Reply to Thread