+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I read a spoiler about the finale that said:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Holly and Bret are the final 2. I hope that means that Bret's daoughter does not have diabetes and everyone else was sick, so Holly earned her spot by default.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3875093;
    I think Bret unfortunately will be leaving to look after his daughter. The symptoms are there and he said children of parents with T2D like him have a 50% chance of getting it. He said he won't stay on the show if the results come back and she indeed has it.
    Honestly, if the symptoms are there and since her dad is a T1 diabetic she likely is as well. It only takes a finger stick to determine if her sugar is in the diabetic range, the only tests that take a while is the ones that determine if it's T1 or T2. Between the two, you pray for T2 diabetes if you must deal with one. Both have genetic components to it, but since her dad is a type 1 that's the likely diagnosis.

Brett may still be around for a while, though, if he only plans to leave once her diagnosis is confirmed. When my son was diagnosed he had to be treated as a T1 until extensive blood work came back to confirm he was a T2 (common with kids who don't fit the stereotypical profile of a T2). Ours took a few weeks, likely his will come much quicker, but it may keep him in the game just a bit longer. Both are bad but T1 is brutal, I feel for her.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3875262;
    I read a spoiler about the finale that said:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Holly and Bret are the final 2. I hope that means that Bret's daoughter does not have diabetes and everyone else was sick, so Holly earned her spot by default.
    I sure hope this is true,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    because I would SO love to see Bret win over Holly

KeepItReal, I'm sorry to hear your son suffers from diabetes. Is he insulin-dependent? I know very little about diabetes - my husband gets tested for it regularly as his grandmother passed away from complications related to the disease - so I don't know if T2 diabetics are insulin-dependent.

I have to disagree with those who would characterize Bret as a not-so-bright type. I watched Rock of Love and came away thinking he was a stereotypical rockstar sleaze, but maybe more kind-hearted and having a good enough sense of humour to not take himself too seriously. However, he's way more creative than I would have ever given him credit for, and if his way of expressing himself verbally is somewhat scattered, he's far from dumb. In addition, his enthusiasm for the tasks is a breath of fresh air - he's the one competitor who doesn't give off even the slightest whiff of a prima donna "star" vibe. I think he's fabulous.

And as someone who never used to miss a Bulls game when the starting lineup was Jordan-Pippen-Rodman-Longley-Harper - have to mention that Scottie looks amazing...I was thrilled to see him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

No, he's not insulin dependent, but some T2's are. He takes oral meds twice a day now, but in the beginning, because he was not overweight and was a very active kid who actually didn't eat a lot of junk type foods the docs assumed that he was likely T1 (which is known as juvenille diabetes), and so he was treated as a T1. Turned out to be one of those unlucky T2's where genetics played a strong role for him (like his aunt, who in excellent shape was diagnosed as T2 in her 20's). He took 4-5 shots a day (in his stomach), finger stick blood tests 6 times a day, have to take insulin to cover everything you eat. Then T1's suffer from extreme highs and lows far often than T2's so it's really scary. I guess it becomes routine but I'd hate to imagine a lifetime of that.

-Unknown Author-

I had a feeling they wouldn't have them men lose when they were down to just 3 people regardless of ad quality. I don't like Holly, but I am pulling for the Autism charity, some members of my family are on the spectrum; at least she got a little money.

Was there a teaser for next week? I've been watching it on Hulu ever since NBC's website carelessly left a spoiler on the front page, and there wasn't any "Next time" content.

I didn't realize Holly got money for her charity last night, I must have missed that bit. I'm pulling for her charity as well (my son I just posted about is also on the spectrum, and I know she is associated with Autism Speaks which is an awesome charity), but the woman is starting to wear thin for me. Showing too much more of her may actually cost her charity donations in the future. There are a ton of other autism charities to choose from, why give to one with her name on it if she annoys the heck out of everyone? The whole "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" thing comes to mind.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 04-12-2010 at 11:21 PM.

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3875405;
    I have to disagree with those who would characterize Bret as a not-so-bright type. I watched Rock of Love and came away thinking he was a stereotypical rockstar sleaze, but maybe more kind-hearted and having a good enough sense of humour to not take himself too seriously. However, he's way more creative than I would have ever given him credit for, and if his way of expressing himself verbally is somewhat scattered, he's far from dumb. In addition, his enthusiasm for the tasks is a breath of fresh air - he's the one competitor who doesn't give off even the slightest whiff of a prima donna "star" vibe. I think he's fabulous.
    Agreed, agreed and agreed. I am really impressed with him. Yes, his communication skills are a little off-point at times, but pretty much everything the men's team has done that has warranted approval has been Bret's idea, and areas where they failed he had actually offered a differing opinion that was ignored by the team leader (I'm looking at you, idiot Sinbad). And his work ethic and attitude are terrific. I would totally hire him .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Holly won $10,000 for her charity before the even began with the challenge. Trump gave each one a chance to make a basket (basketball), the one who got it in first got the money for their project managers charity. Funny enough Maria won the money for Holly!! None of the guys made a basket, or even close. Maria was the only one to do so and was wearing her six inch heels in the process.

Oh that's great, would have loved to see that challenge. Like many others I did not know who Maria was before this show but it seems to be giving her some positive exposure.

-Unknown Author-

Okay, Brett and Maria are becoming my favorites. Secondly, why didn't Holly get fired? The women lost because they targeted the wrong demographic...which was Holly's sole idea.

+ Reply to Thread