+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/28 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Regular

Re: 3/28 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

I think that Bret is in a difficult situation. He's clearly a leader and not a follower, but he's also really trying to use this show to prove he's not an idiot. Rock of Love basically turned him into a walking joke and although he's got a good sense of humor about it, you can see that he really wants to improve his image with this show.

Blagojevich If trying to sell a senate seat doesn't kill his political career, having it shown on camera that he can't turn on a computer or type will certainly do it. What a joke...

Summer did throw Cyndi under the bus, but she said to Cyndi's face what everybody else was saying behind her back or in their confessionals. Give her credit for that. And look at the end result. The next thing out of Cyndi's mouth was more concise and to the point, and the executives for Lifelock completely agreed with her.

I really hoped that last night would be a double firing. Michael really rubbed me the wrong way. Couldn't except criticism, always had an answer for everything, arrogant attitude...he needs to go. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see an all-woman series finale. Apart from Curtis, I don't see anybody on the men's team who has even a remote chance at making the final 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3865009;
    She said "No wonder Dennis Rodman got drunk".
    Thank you. I did hear that and noticed it at the time but then couldn't recall it later. Now I remember thinking she was right when she said it.

eta so I don't have 2 posts in a row.

I think the thing with Sharon motioning to Cyndi to stop talking while it appeared rude was what Cyndi needed right then. She didn't appear to take offense to it. And perhaps if all the others that had been complaining about her in the previous challenges had mentioned the problem to her sooner perhaps they wouldn't have still been having that problem. When Summer asked her if she should just tell Cyndi to 'get to the point' Cyndi said yes.
    Last edited by justCoz; 03-29-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3865123;
    I kind of liked her on America's Got Talent, or maybe she just came off well compared to Piers and Hasselhoff. However, on this show and others she just seems to have no class whatsoever, and I'm tired of seeing her clown-colored hair and over-Botoxed face. Also sick of hearing her admonish other women with her favorite word, "Missus." She has such an imperious attitude and a foul mouth. I really disliked her when she mocked Susan Boyle's physical appearance some months back. What does she think she herself would look like without having had all that work done on her face?

I also thought that "zip it" to Cyndi was rude, unless they are BFF or something. What's her claim to fame? That she could manage her coked-out unintelligible husband? I hope she does well for her charity, whatever it is, but that she doesn't win the whole thing, although I can sort of see that happening, same scenario as Joan Rivers.
    Ditto. There are plenty of photos online of what Sharon used to look like. I'll never forget ALL of the judges' facial expressions when Susan first walked out, and Simon's unwelcoming comments. It was disgusting. And then their faces changed when she sang her first notes. It says a lot about judgment and how our modern society focuses way too much on appearance.

Sharon's the reason that I'm not watching this season (plus the lack of anyone that interests me). I would watch Bret out of curiousity, but I haven't.

She's no one that I admire for any reason, although I kinda liked her on the couple of episodes that I saw of her own "talk" show. Not that I'm giving her a free pass, but living with, being married to, having children with, and business-managing Ozzy must not be easy (except for the mega-mega-$$$). Plus she went through colon cancer. Ooops, I better stop now or I'll be lobbying for her free pass. She gives women a bad name, IMO.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

I like Summer. She is trying to make a career for herself, and takes these opportunities seriously. Sharon has enough money for life, so this is just free press for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3865050;
    I never disliked Sharon, but she is so harsh, abrasive, and the language is so unprofessional.
    In her defense, though, if she wasn't that way she could not have been a successful manager in the music industry, particularly with Ozzy. I mean, Ozzy is - or was, fried as his brain is now - a huge behavioural problem. I've read some rock bios and Sharon apparently has an amazing ability of being able to keep him and other bad boy-type performers in line. It's not a conservative corporate management style but it works in her industry. She has nothing to prove, really, so I guess she's just there to earn some money for her charity and have some fun.

Totally with you on Holly, though - uggghhh, what a piece of work. I want to see her try to push Sharon around
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Was Darryl just tired of being there?
    While I thought Michael worked hard, I still would have preferred that they kept Darryl.
    I just realized Summer Sanders was the Olympic swimmer. I knew she had been an Olympian. She just looks totally different from when she was in the Olympics. New nose / cheekbones / teeth / mouth.
    I think I actually liked the old look better.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 03-29-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3864948;
    Holly Robinson Peete is very serious. She shouldn't have slammed a brother. Next week Cyndi lets out her inner -itch.
    He's her brother?? They should bring that up on the show. Or do you mean no one should ever speak out about someone of the same race? I guess I'll have to keep from commenting about everyone on the show then

They should have a rule that if the celebrity doesn't make any money for their charity, they have to donate 15K out of their own pocket. It'd be great for the charities that have the misfortune of getting saddled with deadbeats like Dennis Rodman, Andrew Dice-Clay, and Darryl Useless-berry

I actually think Michael did an excellent job. If they didn't want an advertorial, they shouldn't have asked for one. What a joke!

FORT Regular

Even though Darryl is playing for a very worthwhile cause, it should also be noted that his charity is a bit of a joke, considering what he's capable of doing. If you look at their 990 tax form from last year (it's public record), his charity only raised about $100,000 over the course of 2009. That's obviously a huge amount of money and will go towards a good cause, but considering how widely known he is, he could raise a LOT more money than that. Somebody like Sharon could probably pick up the phone and get 100K with one call.

+ Reply to Thread