+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/28 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 3/28 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Both teams were awful on the task. (I thought they used LifeLock already.) The edit made Summer look like a ditz. Sharon mouthing "zip it" to Cyndi was rude. Summer tried not to be rude to Cyndi, but she was saying what two or three others had said behind her back. Sharon swearing in her presentation in front of the execs was pitiful. The company failed to explain its advertorial concept and then tried to blame the sprinter. I like the red-haired chick's energy and optimism. Holly Robinson Peete is very serious. She shouldn't have slammed a brother. Next week Cyndi lets out her inner -itch.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I find it odd Trump got rid of Khloe Kardasian for her traffic fine or whatever she had to leave to take care if, but totally ignores Blago's embarrassing legal blunders.

I agree with above poster who said Trump is starstruck by athletes. Darryl Strawberry was pathetic from the first. I don't know why he bothered to sign up for the show if he didn't want to participate. We don't tune in to see him look at his watch or take cigerette breaks and moan about how tired he is. I'm glad he's gone.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3864948;
    Both teams were awful on the task. (I thought they used LifeLock already.) The edit made Summer look like a ditz. Sharon mouthing "zip it" to Cyndi was rude. Summer tried not to be rude to Cyndi, but she was saying what two or three others had said behind her back. Sharon swearing in her presentation in front of the execs was pitiful. The company failed to explain its advertorial concept and then tried to blame the sprinter. I like the red-haired chick's energy and optimism. Holly Robinson Peete is very serious. She shouldn't have slammed a brother. Next week Cyndi lets out her inner -itch.
    I'm not sure what you are referring to...is it when she said she was disappointed with Darryl because he quit on his charity, which happened to be for autism as well as hers?

If so, I think she was right on. He's going to quit before he had a chance to win some money just because he couldn't sleep until noon like he is use to? He should be embarrassed. I would be mortified if that was my husband, brother, friend who quit because he was tired! (I'm sure it was a little exhausting doing errands with Rod, so I'll give him a little slack for that. ) He wasn't fooling anybody with the "I'll take it for the team" act.

If only Rod realized that he is just making things worse for himself!!! I don't think he was ever going to make people believe he was innocent, but now we know that he is completely worthless too. If he was going to use this show to improve his image, he needed to just get down to work on the task at hand and not even bring up the whole fiasco of his life. But, we see now that he isn't really capable of much more than talking.

Cyndi...I love her heart, but her talking would get on my nerves too if I had to complete something in a timeframe. Hopefully, she will take the hint, because I do think she brings something to the table.

I do think Michael deserved to be fired because it was his decision to go with all the working. However, I am glad that he didn't because the team would have been much weaker without him. Brett, Rod, Darryl are all pretty useless...so anyone of them wouldn't be a loss. I am looking forward to seeing how the wrestler guy does as project manager.

Woo, go Summer! She was a bit overwhelmed with Cyndi, but in the end, she definitely handled the technical difficulties well. By the way, what is up with the women and their technical difficulties? It seems to be their good luck charm though.

I like Maria, Summer, and Cyndi. Hope these three gals go far.

I'm excited for the task next week! And I'm glad they're going back to regular contestants next season. Hopefully they'll go back to the 1-hour format also.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

That was certainly an interesting episode. While I agree that Bret might be hard to manage his talents were overlooked this time. A couple of the things he mentioned were EXACTLY what the execs and Trump's team said were needed: less words and using Goldberg. Michael just thought Bret was out of control and didn't listen at all to him. Trump's guy also tried to tell Michael about the words but Michael just wasn't listening to them at all. It's so weird that although Bret is so far the only PM to lead the men to a victory they are really not viewing him in that light.

Interesting that Summer also did the same thing to Cyndi. Yes, both Cyndi and Bret are personalities that seem to be hard to rein in but they are creative. On the women's team I am more and more impressed with Maria. She seemed to do a great job leading her team. Really sweet with that boy she took her check to. Also she incorporated her charity into her task (I realize not every tasks lend themselves to this but she did do that). She and Sharon both seemed upset at Summer's treatment of Cyndi.

Someone upthread mentioned that from something Cyndi said it appeared she's watched previous episodes of Apprentice. What was her statement. I think I missed that and it's very interesting. I don't know why one would go on this show without viewing previous seasons.

It would be easier to take Bret and Cyndi seriously if they learned how to speak coherently. For both of them, their manners of speaking suggest unorganized ditz-wads.
    Last edited by Ellen; 03-29-2010 at 02:58 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3864948;
    Holly Robinson Peete is very serious. She shouldn't have slammed a brother. Next week Cyndi lets out her inner -itch.
    If you've been watching, Holly slams everybody (who isn't her). Why should Darryl be any different? He doesn't get a "Get out of Bitchy Comments for Free" card, does he?

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3864984;
    Someone upthread mentioned that from something Cyndi said it appeared she's watched previous episodes of Apprentice. What was her statement. I think I missed that and it's very interesting. I don't know why one would go on this show without viewing previous seasons.
    She said "No wonder Dennis Rodman got drunk".
    Last edited by Krom; 03-29-2010 at 03:27 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Donald must have to fire Summer soon to save one of his pets because she got a horrible edit on this episode. She was really not happy with Sharon on her live twitter, and I do not blame her. I never disliked Sharon, but she is so harsh, abrasive, and the language is so unprofessional.

Goldberg must go far because he is getting the almost nonexistent edit. You never see anyone talking to him about what to do, and he is never in the line of fire. I guess could be they all scared of him though.

Rod is just one of the politicians of old where you are just the yes man and really do nothing but shake hands and let the people around you do the work. He just has nothing to offer period for this type of show.

Bret seems lost half the time like my eight year old son. He really is a nice guy, but he never knows what is up. I am tiring though of the others attitude towards his willingness to try. They act like Daryl is the next coming for just standing around, and berate a guy for wanting to work.

Maria is getting a good edit. She seems to be really wanting to win this. She carries herself well, and is very well spoken. Hopefully she can keep it up.

Holly is just a mean spirited witch. She made a mess of the presentation, and noone ever calls her on her garbage. I dislike her immensely.

Holly may be hard to take but she is totally right concerning Darryl. You don't bail on your charity,any charity, without making a dime especially in a city where he can call upon a ton of dough from people and positive face recognition from baseball fans who follow the sport from both parts of town. Holly took it personally because they share a common cause. Difference is Holly is touched by autism in a very personal way (her son) and Darryl just met some cool autistic kids in his life and decided that it would be a good cause to take up. I think his wife may be more dedicated to the cause of autism than Darryl himself is. I hope when Holly's turn as PM comes along she calls him to use his resources to help her. He should do it in order to indirectly assist his cause of choice.

I'm biased and I support Holly. Autism is a b*$ch to live with and a bigger b*%ch to advocate for. I've seen it suck the soul out of many a family. I wonder if she was always this stern and serious or has it developed over her years of working in that community? Autism is just lately becoming a cause that everyone is aware of and willing to contribute to more freely. For years people didn't know anything about it and what they knew they learned from "Rain Man" (which I loved but does not give an accurate portrayal of most autistics). So when her son was diagnosed I'm sure she had to fight, and that she met plenty of families along the way of kids that don't have famous parents who have to fight for the simplest things. A bit of "serious b**ch" probably went a long way in helping her get through and get things done.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3865050;
    Donald must have to fire Summer soon to save one of his pets because she got a horrible edit on this episode. She was really not happy with Sharon on her live twitter, and I do not blame her. I never disliked Sharon, but she is so harsh, abrasive, and the language is so unprofessional.
    I kind of liked her on America's Got Talent, or maybe she just came off well compared to Piers and Hasselhoff. However, on this show and others she just seems to have no class whatsoever, and I'm tired of seeing her clown-colored hair and over-Botoxed face. Also sick of hearing her admonish other women with her favorite word, "Missus." She has such an imperious attitude and a foul mouth. I really disliked her when she mocked Susan Boyle's physical appearance some months back. What does she think she herself would look like without having had all that work done on her face?

I also thought that "zip it" to Cyndi was rude, unless they are BFF or something. What's her claim to fame? That she could manage her coked-out unintelligible husband? I hope she does well for her charity, whatever it is, but that she doesn't win the whole thing, although I can sort of see that happening, same scenario as Joan Rivers.

+ Reply to Thread