+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 3/21 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 3/21 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3859901;
    Agree mostly with your assessment. But I think Sharon is their Den mother and will protect them as they will protect her.
    Maybe. But 4 out of 8 ladies would be a hell of a big alliance.

Of course if it results in nasty snooty Holly going (I'd imagine, right after Cyndi--who I'm sure they all like, but who--face it--is a kook), I'd be okay with it.

I think Sharon is mainly above it all. Not in an arrogant way, but mainly because she realizes what a lark this all is. Unlike Joan Rivers, its not like she has the type of career which would directly benefit from being "The Apprentice". Just being on the show period is probably enough just to boost her visibility for a bit, and that's all she needs.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well, I could understand Bretts frustration with Sinbad's not answering him every time he asked what Sinbad wanted him to do. After all, Sinbad was leader. I felt Sinbad had some kind of 'issue' with Brett for whatever reason. Irritated me because something similar happened to me at work, so I knew where Brett was coming from. I felt Sinbad should have gone this episode, however I thought he did it with class.

I'm big fans of Sharon and Cindy, but they've disappointed me these last two episodes! I know Sharon was sick this episode, but I thought they'd have more outgoing flamboyant personalities on this show--- so far they seem alittle boring. I wanted some drama!
    Last edited by stcroix; 03-22-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3859867;
    I also found myself giggling a bit at some of her conduct with the kids. Like any kid anywhere is going to know Holly Robinson from any random lady off the street?
    I am hoping (dreaming) that she can get Johnny Depp on the show. 21 Jump Street is one of my all time favorite tv shows ever!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3859938;
    Well, I could understand Bretts frustration with Sinbad's not answering him every time he asked what Sinbad wanted him to do. After all, Sinbad was leader. I felt Sinbad had some kind of 'issue' with Brett for whatever reason. Irritated me because something similar happened to me at work, so I knew where Brett was coming from. I felt Sinbad should have gone this episode, however I thought he did it with class.
    The issue may have been Bret’s tardiness and sulking. He was late every day of the task – not just the “10 minutes” he tried to minimize. Why should his project manager and team workers call him to tell him they’re waiting for him downstairs in the van? Habitual tardiness is just laziness and disrespect, plain and simple. Then he gave that lame excuse about turning his phone off and charging it. Where Sinbad went wrong was not making it clear to everyone that if they’re not on time when the group is ready, they will be left at the hotel.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3859914;
    I think Sharon is mainly above it all. Not in an arrogant way, but mainly because she realizes what a lark this all is. Unlike Joan Rivers, its not like she has the type of career which would directly benefit from being "The Apprentice". Just being on the show period is probably enough just to boost her visibility for a bit, and that's all she needs.
    I can't think of any way that Joan Rivers' career has benefitted from being The Apprentice. Maybe you can fill me in about the specifics. Seems to me she has had a successful career as a groundbreaking comedian for many decades, plus the fashion commentary after awards shows, plus her lucrative fashion jewelry line on QVC. All of these predated The Apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3860038;
    I am hoping (dreaming) that she can get Johnny Depp on the show. 21 Jump Street is one of my all time favorite tv shows ever!
    I dunno. You think Depp even remembers Holly's name? He probably thinks of her--if he thinks of her at all--as "that girl who couldn't act, who was on that TV show I did a million years ago".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3860093;
    I can't think of any way that Joan Rivers' career has benefitted from being The Apprentice. Maybe you can fill me in about the specifics. Seems to me she has had a successful career as a groundbreaking comedian for many decades, plus the fashion commentary after awards shows, plus her lucrative fashion jewelry line on QVC. All of these predated The Apprentice.
    Joan has a career which is very much based on bookings and appearances. Sharon doesn't. So Joan benefits more from a show which gave her pure exposure and brought her to the forefront of the minds of people who make those bookings.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;3859938;

I'm big fans of Sharon and Cindy, but they've disappointed me these last two episodes! I know Sharon was sick this episode, but I thought they'd have more outgoing flamboyant personalities on this show--- so far they seem alittle boring. I wanted some drama!
    imo, I think his `issue' is Brett's inability or unwillingness to show up on time for work. That's absolutley unproffesional and disrespectful toward the team. It's not like this was a one time issue, it's a every day thing-he also didn't answer Sinbad's phone calls, saying his phone was recharging. That's suspect to me. Sinbad was in the military for quite awhile and I can imagine not showing up on time is a especially problem because of that background. Being even 5 minutes late is a huge No No in the military. Mostly though, I think Sinbad's problem was internalizing his frustration and not being more direct at the session with Trump. I think Sinabd is a genuinely nice guy who had a hard time articulating why he was angry with Brett because of that niceness. Also, I think Brett needs to be handled with kid gloves when he is in the`follower' positon, as expressed by one of the guys. I agree with Sinbad's exit comments " Don't be nice, throw people under the bus."
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

anyone else think Maria's hat just looked like a head wound? ick
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I think Sinbad's problem was internalizing his frustration and not being more direct at the session with Trump.
    Yes, I was surprised Sinbad didn't say someting in the boardroom about Bret's tardiness. I really wish they had just left Bret at the hotel. Let him catch up and explain to Trump why he couldn't get up and be ready on time. See if the "I'm a rocker" excuse would work.

anyone else think Maria's hat just looked like a head wound? ick
    Yeah, like a bad head-wound makeup job for a B or C movie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3860095;
    Joan has a career which is very much based on bookings and appearances. Sharon doesn't. So Joan benefits more from a show which gave her pure exposure and brought her to the forefront of the minds of people who make those bookings.
    Theoretically, perhaps. But I have no way of knowing whether those bookings increased as a result of her winning or even appearing on The Apprentice. Joan Rivers is pretty well-known and made frequent TV appearances before that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast