+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3/14 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 3/14 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3855092;
    Lucky22 got the "JR" reference correct. I so can't stand her that I'd rather not even type her name out.

Regarding the question of Ramsey and Trump having no spirituality. No matter what one's religious beliefs, there's one statement we can all agree on: There are no trailer hitches on hearses. They can't take the money with them. IMHO, most of us could do more for the less fortunate, and REALLY rich people (of which I am not one) could do even more than the rest of us. I don't begrudge anyone a good lifestyle if they've earned it, but there is such a thing as excess.
    I get the "JR" reference now. And the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree, so 'nuff said about both of them.

And I totally agree with the rest of your post.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3854984;
    I really enjoyed last night - but it did not need to be 2 hours!!
    I agree, it didn't need to be 2 hours. That has always been a complaint over at the TBL forum also.

I'm putting this show on my list of things to watch every week, after having dropped out during the LA season. But now I'm going to make an effort to get back into this show--I even bought the first season on DVD. It was cheap, so yeah.

With that said, I was disappointed with the premiere. I didn't know it would be two hours, since I haven't watched in a while. So to me, it seemed long and worn out. However, I'll still keep watching.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I like watching the show, and how the team dynamics happen, but I hate how there are throwaway contestants. You can just look at the list and know who will be fired right away. There is also a certain number of ones that will stick around despite performing badly. Remember Dennis Rodman. Trump either needs to get all f listers or all b listers so it is not so obvious who will end up where.

I have never followed Brett Michaels before but I really liked him. Did not like the way Trump was with him at the beginning though. But he seems like a great guy. I'm rooting for him and Cyndi to go far. I also was impressed with Sharon Osbourne, didn't think I would be. I have not watched since Omarosa, so I'm going to stay tuned in as long as I can.

Just watched last night. Not a fan of Bret's music but I do enjoy him as a person. He seems quite grounded and stable, considering his lifestyle (and he always picked the least psychotic bitch on his pick-a-mate shows ). My personal preference at this point would be for him to win, but I think that Sharon (whom I don't quite like but do respect the abilities of) might have the upper hand. She is definitely a women who knows how to get things done.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Sharon can be a bit much to take at times. The thing that I like is that there seems to be enough people this season who will have no problem standing up to her. I like Sharon in small doses. Time will only tell if she begins to grate with her abrasive behaviors on this show. She's a def. alpha female. Don't know if she'll always be able to take direction well.

Though I don't think Carol should have gone home, she showed some small signs of having a problem with being told what to do by Holly. It was likely editing to justify The Hair letting her go, but she had a def. reaction when Holly asked her to leave the counter and work the line.Sure, Holly came off as bossy, but I will give her a bit of a pass this week. Let's face it, Cyndi would have sunk like a rock if someone didn't grab the reigns. The woman is just all over the place and all sorts of nice, so she has a hard time being bossy. I'd like to see if Holly is able to step back when someone is in charge who doesn't have a problem organizing and delegating responsibilities.

I understand that the woman perhaps should have priced their items higher, but the one thing that I hate about the celebrity editions of this show is that you are expected to hit up your friends, and yet if you are not project manager your charity won't see that money. Honestly people will hold back for when they have the reigns. Why would you call in all of your favors and when it's time for your charity to perhaps cash in you lose and get nothing? The name dropping should stop and they should be forced to flip burgers for the average Joe just as the average Apprentice contestants had to do.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

2 heads are better than 1 MrMet's Avatar

My first impressions about the show: I was impressed with Brett Michaels in his first time at PM. He seemed to work hard to get everything done, and he seemed to know what he was doing. Cyndi worked hard as well but was also a bit lost at times in the restaurant. She probably deserved the ax but I understand why Carol was chosen. I'm rooting for Darryl Strawberry to win it all (just look at my username, how can I not root for Darryl?) but I think Sharon's going all the way She's got the personality that she will not go down without a fight. Can't really say that about any of the rest of the cast right now.

Oh, and Ivanka is sleek, smooth, and sexy. Donald Jr. is a dork.

FORT Fogey

Donald's children have his mark all over them. Donald Jr. is Donald Sr. all over again. He thinks having that sarcastic sexual inuendo talk is funny. I think it makes them look perverse. Ivanka either got some stuff from her nannies, or her mother because she is a well spoken young woman. Also, her and her husband seem to be down to earth people.

I still see Scott Disik when I look at Donald Jr. Maybe they should get better acquainted both seem like tools.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3855655;
    I understand that the woman perhaps should have priced their items higher, but the one thing that I hate about the celebrity editions of this show is that you are expected to hit up your friends, and yet if you are not project manager your charity won't see that money. Honestly people will hold back for when they have the reigns. Why would you call in all of your favors and when it's time for your charity to perhaps cash in you lose and get nothing? The name dropping should stop and they should be forced to flip burgers for the average Joe just as the average Apprentice contestants had to do.
    On one hand, I agree. However, as The Donald made clear in the beginning intro to the show, this version of The Apprentice is all about raising money for charities. They won't generate impressive sums if they're flipping burgers and just selling them at the going rate for the average guy off the street. For example, this task raised $100,000 for the winning project manager's charity. Two small diners selling burgers at a conventional menu price for a few hours would have raised only a small fraction of that.

I loved Sharon calling that paparazzi guy over ... and he looked like he was afraid she was going to slap him! ... and they both got what they needed. Pics for everyone!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread