+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3/14 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/14 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

I had to look twice I thought that was Courtney Kardashian's boyfriend with them. Donald Jr. looks a lot like him to me.

I knew that Cyndi would not go, and knew Donald was fishing for someone else to fire. He was just waiting for any reason to fire anyone but Sharon and Cyndi. I think that they should do two tasks and than fire two people. It is so hard to pick a loser or deadweight right away, and Carol was not given much of a chance. She was asked to pass out fliers and did it, and moved on to the next thing when she was asked. So because the wrestler was asked to serve all the time she was better suited to stay? So it came down to who had to pass out the fliers?

I like the men's team and think they have a great mix of people. I think unless something changes drastically, they have a great shot at picking the women off one at a time. I think that both the cooks on the women's team are short lived for the show. They really add nothing to it.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Got halfway through the program here in AZ, and read all your comments up to where the women lost the challenge and the decision was to be made as to who to fire. Suddenly, I realized that I didn't even care. Then when I read that JR was going to be shown, I switched the channel and never looked back.

I was also put off by all the bleeping in this episode. If I want to hear that much bleeping, I'll tune into Hell's Kitchen or Top Chef.

Catch you all on the other threads.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Yikes, I'm glad that I missed it. I recorded something else instead that seemed much more positive (haven't viewed it yet).

Trump: "I know everything". No one on this planet knows everything. Drama. Watercooler fodder. The very saddest thing is that some people believe this BS.

AZ, I hear you about the bleeping. I'm no prude, but that is one reason (plus the anger) that I do not like GR. Who is JR, or did you mean GR?

Yes, he and Trump are laughing all the way to the bank(s). But do they have any spirituality?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Maybe JR is Joan Rivers?

The women are going to be sorry they set up Carol to be fired. They don't have anyone else who can write and do promotions. She would have saved their hineys in future tasks. IMO, the wrestler should have been fired. Big deal ... she waited on tables. Maybe I missed it, but did she (the wrestler) bring in a lot of money? Did the cooking assistant bring in big bucks? They made it seem like Carol used poor judgment in passing out flyers when the line was long. Big deal. She stopped when she was told she was needed inside. The one thing I wondered about was her reference to Jerry Seinfeld and how he couldn't donate because he was out of town. Was there a rule that a wealthy connection could not contribute unless he/she came to the diner in person? He could have given her a credit card over the phone! Sounds like an excuse to me: rich celeb is out of town so can't donate.

I really enjoyed last night - but it did not need to be 2 hours!!

Anyway - I immediately thought the men were right on with their price point. I used to work in fundraising and when you want your big donors - you don't have to worry about the little donations. They were making calls to get big donors in and would be able to make more from 1 of them then the women were making from 10 people off the street. As a result - the women couldn't even get their big donors out of the line, were overwhelmed and barely made 1/2 of what the men made.

I think Curtis is the one to beat. He wears a suit unless he is in the kitchen and he seems to be easy to get along with - I would imagine training in the kitchen teaches you how to get along with just about anyone!! He will be valuable in just about any task - he will be able to physical work, he knows how to run a business (as he has opened and managed restaurants) and he will have awesome event planning skills.

Last night, he did a great job of jumping in and doing what he knew needed to be done, deferred to the PM, listened to advice when given. Plus - Trump has to know that women will watch for him for quite a while!!!

FORT Fan

That was nasty...

The men worked for money, the women worked for charity.

They had way more customers, but they weren't aiming for a high-end fundraiser, they were going for a fair fundraiser, with everybody from all walks of life making donations.

They got scolded at by Trump because they didn't bring in the cash... which seemed really unfair, because they did a really good job organizing a profitable fundraiser.

It got really nasty because they kept trying to break the group-feeling.

Getting Carol out seemed sensible looking at it from a group perspective.
    This is not a signature.

Ger

I really liked last nights opening show of the season.

The men were smart by having the food high priced and it paid off in the end.
    The woman did good and had a crowd but no big spenders and you need the big spenders to bring in the big cash.

I really did not think Cyndi did all that well as project manager but knew she would not get the boot. She is sweet and Trump will want her around. Love Sharon but think they made a mistake getting rid of Carol.
    One of the others should have gone. I don't even know most of them.

Thought Bret did great and really like him. He knew he did not know all that much about cooking etc. so just handed it off to Curtis who knew what to do.
    As far as Bret having a low sugar, it can come on as fast as anything.
    I take 3 shots a day and have had many low sugars.
    Thank god, my hubby watches cause some times it really gets away on me.
    I really wish the men would have lost tho' so they could have gotten rid of Mr Elvis the Blago.
    He left the food get cold cause he was to busy moaning to folks about his problems.

So I for one cannot wait for the next show.

I really enjoyed it.
    This is the first season when I've actually recognized a lot of the people.

I loved Bret on this. I've never seen his VH1 shows so that might be why.

I loved Cyndi and knew she wasn't going anywhere.
    Holly didn't come off at all well, IMO. But, I guess she did bring in a lot of donors.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3854909;
    Yikes, I'm glad that I missed it. I recorded something else instead that seemed much more positive (haven't viewed it yet).

Trump: "I know everything". No one on this planet knows everything. Drama. Watercooler fodder. The very saddest thing is that some people believe this BS.

AZ, I hear you about the bleeping. I'm no prude, but that is one reason (plus the anger) that I do not like GR. Who is JR, or did you mean GR?

Yes, he and Trump are laughing all the way to the bank(s). But do they have any spirituality?
    Lucky22 got the "JR" reference correct. I so can't stand her that I'd rather not even type her name out.

Regarding the question of Ramsey and Trump having no spirituality. No matter what one's religious beliefs, there's one statement we can all agree on: There are no trailer hitches on hearses. They can't take the money with them. IMHO, most of us could do more for the less fortunate, and REALLY rich people (of which I am not one) could do even more than the rest of us. I don't begrudge anyone a good lifestyle if they've earned it, but there is such a thing as excess.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Regular

If it were somebody else besides Cyndi Lauper managing the task and they had the same end result, they would have been fired without hesitation. Of course, Cyndi isn't going anywhere for a while. It's the Celebrity Apprentice, and she's practically made for reality television.

Maria is my surprise pick for the final four. Really liked Bret on this show--he's got a great self-deprecating sense of humor.

I think Selina should have gone solely because she was practically talking her way out of NOT being fired when they complimented her food. "But it was a group effort..."

Carol was a bull***t firing. Her job was to bring people in and she brought a line around the block. Not her fault that her team couldn't then pull the heavy donors out from the line. However, she was annoying and mean-spirited without even bringing in any entertainment value.
    Last edited by lildago; 03-16-2010 at 12:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread