+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3/14 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 3/14 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

The women threw the wrong one under the bus, IMO. Carol was boring but she would have been golden in the many tasks that involve advertising. Cyndi is adorable but a waste of space.

Anyway, I was glad to see the men win because I love my middle-aged rocker dude Bret. I also liked Goldberg, who I couldn't stand as a wrestler (and who I resent for his terrible show, Bullrun, on the Speed network that my husband makes me watch). The other guys were kinda under the radar for me, even Curtis...except for Blago, I guess, who seemed to want to fly UTR but was dragged out by Joan.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by ness;3854733;
    Now WAAAAAAAAAIIIIIT a minute . . .

Ivanka thought the guys' price point was too HIGH earlier on . . .

And NOW she's saying the women's price point was possibly too LOW???

HUH?

I think I just fell down a rabbit hole, or something.

Talk about talking out of BOTH SIDES OF YOUR MOUTH.
    She wasn't talking out of both sides of her mouth.
    The men's price point was $100.
    The women's was $25.
    Ivanka was right - there was a lot of room in between.
    I was surprised the men took in so much money with their high prices, and people were walking in and walking out - saying in sidebar interviews that $100 was too much for a hamburger. Yeah, I know . .. editing.
    The women had lines around the block but were'nt able to accommodate the people.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3854754;
    The women threw the wrong one under the bus, IMO. Carol was boring but she would have been golden in the many tasks that involve advertising. Cyndi is adorable but a waste of space.
    Cyndi should have taken more control re: use of Carol's time. Holly should not have had to get Carol off the sidewalk and have her help inside where she was needed more. I also didn't like how the women wouldn't make a decision in the boardroom - especially Cyndi.
    Last edited by tango7; 03-14-2010 at 11:37 PM.

The editing was set up to make you think the men lost.

Cyndi looked absolutely gutted when she heard her team lost. Like she'd just been told her daughter had cancer.

Blago made Joan Rivers' food get cold. lol.

Mr. One-Hour Sleeper did well under the circumstances. Very positive vibes.

I won't remember the comedian for being funny but I will remember her chutzpah for asking Trump to make a donation just before the door hit her on the way out.

Irony: Trump complained with salty language that shocked Cyndi none of the girls wanted to make a difficult decision to slam their competitors. Then he took the easy way out and fired Carol.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Regular

Agreed. That was the easy decision.

It was as plain as day that there was no way Cyndi or Sharon were getting fired. I think even if they had brought in $10 for the whole task he wouldn't have fired Cyndi- she is too much of a ratings goldmine. She comes across as wacky and flaky and I don't know whether that is true or not, but she is good for ratings and Trump needs her for the show (same with Sharon). They couldn't fire the Victoria's Secret model or Summer because they did all the cooking. They coudn't fire the wrester because she was one of only 3 servers and Holly was smart enough to get things done and then point it out to Trump. The only one left to fire was Carol even though she did what she was told and then switched when asked. It tries to be "reality tv", but it's still scripted to a certain extent. Who didn't think Joan Rivers would make it to the end last year? And once she got into it with Annie it was obvious who the final 2 would be and I personally think Annie got robbed. I still love the show, but I can see the chinks in it now and actually have fun trying to predict which way they will 'script' it (so to speak).

Wow the show was going great and then The Donald sent in that escaped clown from Barnum & Bailey circus. Oops never mind that was Joan Rivers!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3854731;
    Whoo Hoo! I have mad Curtis love and was a bit worried. I don't know anything about the politician guy but he makes for good TV.

Reg. the women, they all seemed to get along great and do good work. I think it will come down to who brought in the least amount of money - or who is inclined to bring in the least amount of money in the future.

I noticed that other than Al Roker, big names didn't come by. I wonder if they instruct the celebs to keep big names in their pockets for future use.

Reg. Rosie O'Donnell....I don't know if I like her or not. She's a stitch comedically - and that I love - but I can't tell about her as a person. Wonder who is right - Cyndi or the Donald?
    If Cyndi, called Rosie and she turned her down for charity because of Donald Trump, that doesn't imo make Rosie a nice person.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well we knew the Donald wasn't going to fire Cyndi, and I think her face recognition and stardom will prove valuable, although she seems to be only partially in reality at times.

I think getting rid of Carol was a mistake; she could have been very useful on a lot of tasks that involve signs and scripts and presentations and commercials etc that will no doubt be coming up so I think they shot themselves in the foot on that one.

I was thinking Olympic gold medalist could be a draw and is physically fit. Victoria's secret model could be a big draw depending on the audience. Holly seemed to bring in some of the biggest spenders...I think if I were on the women's team I would have made a case against the wrestler. She seems the most useless to me over the long haul. Just saying...she didn't bring in money, she didn't get big tips from the tables she served, etc

"I know everything," said Donald Trump, Jr. Hahahaha. That was hilarious. The way he said it, and his head movement, with the thump on the drum at the end. Trump The Omniscient. :/

Mystified Ms. Lauper didn't understand how he knew private donor information.

She came out of this first episode looking better than anyone. She refused to criticise anyone on her team even after they lost the challenge and she was the project manager and thus an obvious firing target. She wouldn't even name two contestants. She cringed when Carol's name was offered for elimination.

I didn't know much about her. Beneath the tough New York exterior there may be a heart of gold.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I really wanted the women to win only because I wanted Blago to go. The man is beyond annoying with his endless references to his legal issues.

Sinbad was pretty funny last night- always did like him.

Bret did well. Didn't like the Goldberg comment about weak links when Bret needed the soda. I hope that was an editing thing. Anyone who doesn't have diabetes cannot truly understand how highs and lows make a diabetic feel. If he said he needed a soda-he needed a soda before he hit the pavement. After 40 years of dealing with "D" and rocking out onstage I'm sure he knows how to handle it and keep it moving.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread