+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 3/14 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: 3/14 Show Discussion *SPOILERS*

Wow, talk about not a level playing field. Restaurantier gets to open a restaurant?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Ain't THAT the truth?!

But, Curtis seems to be pitching this rather high-end, doesn't he?

Or, DOES he?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

It's exactly like Sharon said, no one gives a crap about the food, it's all about your connections.

Sharon definately has the right idea. But I think food will come into play as well.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Wild mushroom and truffle risotto?

In a DINER?

OK.

Nobody said anything about this being Hell's Kitchen!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I adore Curtis (well, what little I know of him), but these things are deceiving. He could tank just as easily as the girls. If he were a true restauranteur, that's where he'd be right now.

Must suck to be a friend of a celebrity on this show. You're probably rooting for them to get fired so you don't have to keep paying for thier projects!

I absolutely agree with Ivanka about the guys' price points and the truffle-risotto-in-a-diner observation.

Hard call. The women's team will have to work harder. If I were the project head, I think I would go with the lesser price points, but have a section of the diner for VIP seats for friends that will tip well.

Does anybody here watch Project Runway?

Was Maria on there? I think I've seen her on that.

ETA . . .

The girls' burgers look good!

UH-oh . . .

Looks like the guys' price points might be coming back to bite 'em in their rear ends.

Unless they can pull out some really rich people later on, maybe.
    Last edited by ness; 03-14-2010 at 09:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread