+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rod Blagojevich - Season 3

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Rod Blagojevich - Season 3

He was on the Today show this morning, and said he was looking for a job. Said if anyone is looking for someone to run their text messaging service, he's available.

Kind of reminds me of Undercover Boss. The bigwigs don't look so smart when they're trying to do the jobs they take on in the trenches.

While I don't want to see the man in public office again, I do find that his character portrayal on the show made him endearing.

Whoever crafted that image is cetainly worth a lot of money.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was repulsed by him. That boardroom should have taken about a minute and a half, but Rod stretched it out forever by using the smokescreen of sticking up for Bret. Bret wasn't going to be fired. Instead of the 15 minutes of double-talk and evasion to Trumps direct questions, here's how it should have gone.

TRUMP: You lost because you were inaccurate on the details of Harry Potter. Who was responsible for researching the content?
    ROD: Well, I was the point man in Florida talking to the Universal reps, but I didn't really do the research while I was there.
    TRUMP: Rod, you're fired.

I can't stand evasive answers by any politician, but for one who has already been caught and is being prosecuted for his dishonesty to go on a reality TV show only to continue being a weasel, constantly trying to deflect people away from the issue of his incompetence...

If anything, I lost what little respect I had for Trump for trying to help salvage this clown's image. He was clearly in the tank for Rod, until Rod gave him no other choice but to fire him.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Who is John Galt?

A corrupt politician with few skills and even less gray matter. But, with a HUGE EGO! This guy has no shame and absolutely no respect for the people of Illinois. What a jerk!!! I am so glad he is gone. Now I don't have to press mute every time he started on his spiel about what he did when he was governor and how good a leader he was. Unbelievable! He is almost as much a piece trash as OJ, but at least he didn't kill anybody.

FORT Fogey

I truly hope he is not typical of the people running our country or we are all in big trouble!
    kind of too late for that.

FORT Newbie

I can't stand the thought of the guy, but I have to admit that he was a lot more entertaining than I thought that he would be. The campaigning was starting to get a little bit old though.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3870024;
    I was repulsed by him. That boardroom should have taken about a minute and a half, but Rod stretched it out forever by using the smokescreen of sticking up for Bret. Bret wasn't going to be fired. Instead of the 15 minutes of double-talk and evasion to Trumps direct questions, here's how it should have gone.

TRUMP: You lost because you were inaccurate on the details of Harry Potter. Who was responsible for researching the content?
    ROD: Well, I was the point man in Florida talking to the Universal reps, but I didn't really do the research while I was there.
    TRUMP: Rod, you're fired.

I can't stand evasive answers by any politician, but for one who has already been caught and is being prosecuted for his dishonesty to go on a reality TV show only to continue being a weasel, constantly trying to deflect people away from the issue of his incompetence...

If anything, I lost what little respect I had for Trump for trying to help salvage this clown's image. He was clearly in the tank for Rod, until Rod gave him no other choice but to fire him.

MFW, The bolded above is an absolutely perfect ... and concise description of soon to be inmate Blagojevich.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Can you imagine if the current "reality" TV genre were in place in 1974? How would evil Tricky Dicky have fared on Celebrity Apprentice?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3870909;
    kind of too late for that.
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3869970;
    I don't know if Blago helped his image on this show or not. He was seriously inept! I mean, he could barely use a cell phone! Even if he has always had administrative help, he was not a good decision maker in the tasks and did not delegate well! I truly hope he is not typical of the people running our country or we are all in big trouble! The only redeeming quality I saw in him was that he would not crush under Trump's pressure and take Brett Michals into the board room last night. At least his final act on the show was loyalty.
    Part of me wonders if his sheer stupidity on this show was an act to help set up his defense. Kind of an "I'm too stupid to commit all those crimes!" type defense. One never knows.

In his defense (cannot believe I just typed that...), I've only used a laptop once in my life, and I had a horrible time figuring out how to turn it on, how to use the keypad mouse, etc. I also had trouble typing, and I'm a very speedy typer on a regular keyboard. Just had never used anything but a CPU before, so I was lost. That said, I doubt he'd do much better on a regular computer, if what he was saying about his knowledge of technology was true and not an act.

As for the bolded part of your post-- Unfortunately, I think this is pretty much the average IQ of politicians. Call me a cynic, but I'd say 95-99% of them are empty suits who can only get through life because they were born with a silver tongue. They surround themselves with smart people to make themselves look good, but they themselves are know-nothings who are usually merely power hungry buffoons. Blago is simply exceptionally bad at hiding his ineptness, if he really is as pitiful as he seemed on this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast