+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: ***spoilers**** 5/10 season finalie discussion thread

Re: ***spoilers**** 5/10 season finalie discussion thread

I've never watched a regular season of the Apprentice, but have watched both seasons now of CA.
    I do feel it was entertaining and I did expect Joan to win. I didn't agree with all of Joan's tantrums and outbursts, but I really didn't like Annie or her narcissistic attitude, at all.
    I'd never heard of Annie before this season, though there were a lot of celebs on this show I was unfamiliar with.
    I am glad that Joan won as she did exhibit a lot of compassion and kindness for others and she made it all about the charity and not herself. For Annie, from Day 1, it was all about her. I dislike that attititude in both men and women.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3443963;
    I completley disagree with the notion that this had anything to do with gender. Annie was not a team player, and it showed from the get go. On the other team, Clint was not a team player. He was another one who wanted his ideas and only his ideas. He was blasted for it too. So no, it was not perfectly okay for a man to be domineering, and it wasn't okay for Annie either.
    I thought that played into Annie's downfall in the finale. Well, first of all, after getting a pretty good edit all season (except for her egotistical streak), she was totally thrown under the bus by the editing monkeys last night. Ouch. :nono Clint was right - fire your editors, Trump.

In the task, she was forced to have a team that included multiple former contestants, but it was clear that she would have been happy as a clam to put the whole thing together with Brande as her sidekick. Of course, I really can't blame her for being wary of delegating to her team- Dennis Rodman and Tom Greene don't exactly inspire confidence that they'll do the task at hand. However, I had a problem with the way she treated them. Dennis and Tom provided quite a few amusing moments in dealing with Annie and how she relegated them to the sidelines.

FORT Regular

I can't believe I got into watching this shyt!! Annie did a better job than Joan, IMO. In fact, the Kodak representative said that Annie did a better job of using the Kodak materials to tell a story about her charity than Joan!! So HITH did Joan win?

She won b/c people were so impressed that she could do all of these things "at her age"!! Big whoop!!

There are no real losers, though. I would bet that Annie's charity got the same thing that Joan's did.

Last thought: Joan proved how fake she was by going over to hug Annie at the end. If I were Annie, I would have ignored her plastic, Botox-infused, Joker-resembling face and kept it moving!!

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=bigsqueeze;3444159;]I can't believe I got into watching this shyt!! Annie did a better job than Joan, IMO. In fact, the Kodak representative said that Annie did a better job of using the Kodak materials to tell a story about her charity than Joan!! So HITH did Joan win?

She won b/c people were so impressed that she could do all of these things "at her age"!! Big whoop!!

There are no real losers, though. I would bet that Annie's charity got the same thing that Joan's did.

Last thought: Joan proved how fake she was by going over to hug Annie at the end. If I were Annie, I would have ignored her plastic, Botox-infused, Joker-resembling face and kept it moving!![/QUOTE]

I've been in a lot of competitions--of the athletic kind--and it is considered good sportsmanship for the winner to offer a hug or handshake to the one who came in 2nd. It is considered an acknowledgment of a race well done or made close and exciting by the excellent competition.

That Annie is NOT a good sportsman was made very clear by her unwillingness to accept Joan's gesture for what it was.

Being a hardass in the business/competition aspects is one thing--not relating to people as human beings who have needs and emotions separate from one's own are definite marks of the seriously narcissistic.

Just think of Annie's "I beat Clint Black" and "Go Annie go" to get a real bead on how she views the rest of the world.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bigsqueeze;3444159;
    I can't believe I got into watching this shyt!! Annie did a better job than Joan, IMO. In fact, the Kodak representative said that Annie did a better job of using the Kodak materials to tell a story about her charity than Joan!! So HITH did Joan win?
    Part of it was that the Kodak rep thought that Joan did a better job overall of integrating Kodak into everything. Annie did better using it with the CHARITY. But Joan used it better in decor, overall message, and the key element for Kodak in the challenge - the souveneir frame. Annie's souvenier frame was about her team - the behind the scenes stuff. Joan's on the other hand was about the product - emphasizing sharing moments that the exec had outlined as key picture taking experiences. So Joan's team used the product to emphasize the product, while Annie's team used the product to emphasize themselves. One of the 3 categories that Joan won was the vote of the Kodak exec.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3444174;
    Being a hardass in the business/competition aspects is one thing--not relating to people as human beings who have needs and emotions separate from one's own are definite marks of the seriously narcissistic.
    Hugging someone after you have been excoriating them endlessly for weeks is not relating to another human being particularly well, or giving the slightest consideration to their emotions, if you ask me. If had put that much effort into besmirching my character for an extended period of time and then had the temerity to throw some insincere physical affection my way, my first and only thought would be "get the hell off of me".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ok, just a comment on the finale. Wouldn't 2 hours have been sufficient? That last hour of blah, blah, blah, and Trump's self-important pontification and everyone and his brother's opinion had me wishing for the end, many times over. Honestly, I think Annie deserved to win. I also wondered how clearly described the criteria for the judgement in the final competition had been since I recalled only three having been mentioned, with fund-raising being the frontrunner along with celebrity & attendee entertainment and decoration & Kodak branding being the others. I really didn't get how Joan was able to pull off that victory, although I will handily give her credit for branding and overall appearance of her exhibit.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3444194;
    Hugging someone after you have been excoriating them endlessly for weeks is not relating to another human being particularly well, or giving the slightest consideration to their emotions, if you ask me. If had put that much effort into besmirching my character for an extended period of time and then had the temerity to throw some insincere physical affection my way, my first and only thought would be "get the hell off of me".
    Being a native NYer, I would basically use the same quote, with one word change in the middle.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3444174;
    That Annie is NOT a good sportsman was made very clear by her unwillingness to accept Joan's gesture for what it was.
    Exactly when did we see this? What I saw after Medusa Joan was announced the winner was Annie accepting Jocelyn Wildenstein Joan's hug, and even patting Omarosa Joan on the back. And then, when Jerry Manthey Joan grasped her hand, Annie didn't have the normal reaction of recoiling in fear and disgust. Rather, Annie politely allowed Maleficent Joan to hold her hand in what I personally believe was nothing more than attempt to make The Borg Queen Joan appear to be less of a harpy/shrew than she is.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3444206;
    Being a native NYer, I would basically use the same quote, with one word change in the middle.
    As a native Torontonian, I would use the same word, but as a FORT immigrant I have to use the Expletive Lite .

Uncle David, I very much enjoy your facility with the strikethrough.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread