+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: ***spoilers**** 5/10 season finalie discussion thread

Re: ***spoilers**** 5/10 season finalie discussion thread

I am done with CA. Joan may have won the show but she has lost a lot of respect and fans over her behavior. Annie won $465k for her Charity and came out as the better woman in the end. Apparently energetic Old Harpy is all it takes to be an Apprentice and Joan has that plus A really horrible Plastic Surgeon going for her. I am planning on finding out the sponsors of any show she is on and boycotting both the show and the sponsors. The next time I see the Rivers I hope it is pushing up daisies in A cemetery next to Hitler somewhere!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3443903;
    Just watching Joan on Regis & Kelly right now--and she says she did NOT quit the show that night. She went to be with her daughter but always intended to come back.

Also she said that Annie never spoke to her even after Joan hugged her last night. And when Joan was leaving Annie had "her people around her"--and Annie's people gave Joan the finger as she was leaving.
    Annie's "people" were her friends and family... you know the one's that Joan constantly slammed. Annie's brother is a poker player too. IMO Joan deserved the big FU, she was/is incredibly rude and is obviously quite ignorant regarding poker players.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Joan specifically referenced Annie's poker player friends. And, she called them far worse than Mafia and white trash. If I were one of that group I'd have given her the finger also.

As to her interview on R&K, they tossed her nothing but softballs. They never once called her on her truthfulness. It was a shame of an interview. I hope I don't suffer the same fate as Rush Limbaugh for saying this, but I hope her new show fails.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3443937;
    Joan specifically referenced Annie's poker player friends. And, she called them far worse than Mafia and white trash. If I were one of that group I'd have given her the finger also.

As to her interview on R&K, they tossed her nothing but softballs. They never once called her on her truthfulness. It was a shame of an interview. I hope I don't suffer the same fate as Rush Limbaugh for saying this, but I hope her new show fails.

Just reporting what I heard.

I invite everyone to draw their own conclusions.

Btw--in show biz when someone says "Her people" they are referring to one's entourage.

Not one's professional associates.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3443924;
    I am planning on finding out the sponsors of any show she is on and boycotting both the show and the sponsors.
    I've been thinking about sending a letter to Trump stating my displeasure with how Annie was treated, as well as my general unhappiness with the season as a whole. I know it won't do any good at all, but I was also planning on sending copies to the sponsors of the show. That should have some impact.

In the event I follow through with the plan, does anyone remember the sponsors of the show? I'm not talking about the advertisements that air during the broadcast. I'm asking about the sponsors like Kodak that paid good money to be a part of this debacle.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3443946;
    I've been thinking about sending a letter to Trump stating my displeasure with how Annie was treated, as well as my general unhappiness with the season as a whole. I know it won't do any good at all, but I was also planning on sending copies to the sponsors of the show. That should have some impact.

In the event I follow through with the plan, does anyone remember the sponsors of the show? I'm not talking about the advertisements that air during the broadcast. I'm asking about the sponsors like Kodak that paid good money to be a part of this debacle.

You are entitled to your opinion of course--but I'm wondering--did you not find the show entertaining and/or fascinating?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick;3443869;
    There's a difference... first off, yes Annie can be intimidating in business. To me it's the same ol' same ol', its perfectly ok for a man to be domineering in business, but when it's a woman, she's a bitch. Annie knows what she wants to do, and be honest here... her ideas were very rarely wrong. Joan's were almost always off the mark.
    I completley disagree with the notion that this had anything to do with gender. Annie was not a team player, and it showed from the get go. On the other team, Clint was not a team player. He was another one who wanted his ideas and only his ideas. He was blasted for it too. So no, it was not perfectly okay for a man to be domineering, and it wasn't okay for Annie either.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3443959;
    You are entitled to your opinion of course--but I'm wondering--did you not find the show entertaining and/or fascinating?
    I will have to say that I didn't. I kept watching, yes, but it is in my nature to keep on with things until the bitter end once I've started, like it or not. At this point, though, I don't believe that I will start in on the next season. As a matter of fact, I hadn't watched the Apprentice for several years until the initial celebrity version (celebrities, curse them, can get me to watch almost anything ), but this travesty has finally and, I believe, irrevocably killed any future interest in Trump or any of his doings*.

*For this reason alone, I am quite happy they moved me from a north side cubicle to a lake view cubicle as I will no longer have to watch the Toronto Trump tower go up .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I found the show entertaining when Joan was not around. I don't find people calling people out of their name entertainment maybe for some that is fun for me not so much. I can think of some celebrities she had of done this too she and her ugly face may well have been knocked out right on tv.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3443959;
    did you not find the show entertaining and/or fascinating?
    No!!!

Until the finale, I never once recorded the show. I watched the show online only when I had nothing else to do. The only thing that compelled me to watch this season was my desire to see, first Melissa, then Joan, tossed of the show.

Finding something compelling is nowhere near entertaining nor fascinating. We may be compelled to watch a program because it is entertaining or fascinating, but we are often compelled to watch things like car crashes or train wrecks. In this case, the train wrecks were Melissa and Joan.

+ Reply to Thread