+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Re: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3441996;
    If she doesn't pick her team this will be the first time ever being assigned taskmates.

Let's see Annie and Joan have to pick.

Annie goes first = Brande
    Joan = Melissa
    Annie - nope, can't do it, can't imagine how she picks Green or Rodman over Walker or Black.

and what is it with 2 women 4 men to pick from? I suppose it makes them both 2 women, 2 men teams.

I don't think Joan's team is any better with Walker and Black - but at least we know they'll put in an effort. Maybe.

I bet Joan goes first and stupidly picks her worthless daughter. Then Annie picks Brande, Joan picks Hershel, Annie picks Rodman (he's the biggest celebrity left at that point), Joan picks Clint, then Annie gets stuck with Tom. Joan could pick Clint as her second pick I suppose since she started to become best buds with him, but then if I were Annie I would have picked Hershel because he seems to have pretty good contacts and he's done okay with tasks he's been given when he's not PM. Also he's not an alcoholic.

Joan goes first and picks MinnieMe; Annie picks Brandi; Joan picks Hershell; Annie picks Tom; Joan picks Clint. Rodman is dead last.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3433768;
    Clint did nothing to that jingle but add a country twang to it. That is the exact same jingle Chicken has had for the past 40 some years nothing different. Why on earth would they ask them to write a new jingle if they didn't want something new. Annie and Brande had New and Clint was stale and the fact that Joan wanted to Cluck at the end tells me she is stupid. That commerical sounded like a retro commercial from the 60+s.

I disagree. The Chicken of the Sea execs made it clear that, along with a new twist, they wanted to retain some of the lyrics from their traditional jingle, as well, and that is what Clint gave them. He used the word "naturally" severally times to emphasize the product's emphasis on natural ingredients and he kept the part of the jingle that people have been identifying with for decades. It was both traditional and updated--and, on a musical level, beautifully done.

"New" doesn't necessarily equal better

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3433781;
    Congratulations, Annie! I would love to have seen An Annie/Brande final, but I will be cheering for Annie all the way. As far as Annie being low-rent, her father is a well-respected linguist, writer, and teacher. Her mother is also a teacher. She and siblings Howard and Katy Lederer, published author, all have advanced degrees from Ivy League universities and were graduated from top prep schools. I think she has been remarkably restrained in light of the attacks on her by the Rivers women.

Those who don't like her will continue not to like her, but I hardly think low-rent trash is accurate.
    I'm sure that her celebrated father--along with the ivy-league schools that she attended, but didn't graduate from--felt themselves very well represented when Annie referenced herself as giving the world's best b### j###

Trash is trash--and can come from all walks of life

Didn't graduate? She has both bachelor and masters degrees. The only one she didn't finish was her Ph.D. She decided to marry just before she finished it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3442496;
    Didn't graduate? She has both bachelor and masters degrees. The only one she didn't finish was her Ph.D. She decided to marry just before she finished it.
    Ya know, some folks feel that that's just not enough graduatin'. And ya know, someone who ain't matriculated and graduated enough just ain't good enough.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainflower;3442288;
    I disagree. The Chicken of the Sea execs made it clear that, along with a new twist, they wanted to retain some of the lyrics from their traditional jingle, as well, and that is what Clint gave them. He used the word "naturally" severally times to emphasize the product's emphasis on natural ingredients and he kept the part of the jingle that people have been identifying with for decades. It was both traditional and updated--and, on a musical level, beautifully done.

"New" doesn't necessarily equal better
    Neither does old and slow. It was horribly dull and imo too close to and not original enough. It was just all kinds of putrid.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread