+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Re: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3435883;
    And yes that jingle was created through a collaboration between Annie and Brande--a fact that Annie seems to have forgotten.

IE--"I beat Clint Black!"
    To be fair, Brande herself admitted that she had virtually nothing to do with the jingle portion of the task, but was mostly responsible for the 30 second commercial spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3436147;
    Herschel, Clint and Melissa with Joan.
    Rodman, Green, and Brande with Annie.

Does that make sense?
    Yes. If its predetermined by Trump in order to torpedo Annie, sure. Joan gets three people who genuinely want to help her, and Annie gets ONE (plus two millstones).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom, I totally agree with your assessment. Why can't they pick any of the fired celebrities, instead of being saddled with dregs?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by cwprincss;3434242;
    I have been reading the posts and seeing how people support Joan but I have to vent for a second...I am not attacking anyone, just want to get my opinion out there...

I HATE that woman for what she said about Annie in reference to Hitler and Buchenwald. To see what the Jews went through in all those concentration camps is nothing to joke or compare to anyone about. Hitler killed six million Jews. For Trump to allow Joan to stay on the show after that happened is inexusable. I am suprised people haven't been flooding NBC with complaints. They have bleeped a lot of words this season, why wouldn't they bleep those comments??? I think that was in very poor taste. The fact that Melissa didn't jump in and stop her mother when all that happened is inexusable also. Joan Rivers made another comment about her family experiencing the Holocaust and she was so nonchalant when she made the accusations. To me, it was like she was spitting in her family's face with those comments.

I can't believe that Trump would fire Chloe because of a DUI and not fire Joan after making those comments that are clearly offensive to an entire group of people whose family members suffered through something as devastating as the Holocaust. Trump should be ashamed of himself.

I would love to see Annie win the show, but I don't think it will happen. Trump and Joan have too many friends that they share and a contract was probably struck with them to make sure Joan won. Maybe they are trying to get her career going again, who knows! Joan can always star as the Joker if they ever make another Batman movie. Her plastic surgeon has already taken care of her mouth!

I hope I haven't offended anyone, like I said, I am not attacking anyone's views, just wanted to give my take on Joan.

I totally agree with you. This was so set up to make it between Joan and Annie and even at the beginning of this episode it was clear Trump is on Joan's hand.
    I do not even think I am going to watch the final. I do not like it when it is unfair and I cannot stand Joan's plastic face.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3436147;

Does that make sense?
    Do we know this is the breakdown? The return of those people does not necessarily mean they are on a team either. I think we have seen some former contestants show up at the final events but not work them. These are "celebs" who want face time so getting them to show up for a splashy charity event that is being televised is a no brainer. I find it hard to believe Trump would risk Rodman coming back and getting drunk. He really likes the guy and would not want to humiliate him further. It also makes sense to advertise that he will be there to attract viewers who want to see a train wreck.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3439216;
    Do we know this is the breakdown? The return of those people does not necessarily mean they are on a team either. I think we have seen some former contestants show up at the final events but not work them. These are "celebs" who want face time so getting them to show up for a splashy charity event that is being televised is a no brainer. I find it hard to believe Trump would risk Rodman coming back and getting drunk. He really likes the guy and would not want to humiliate him further. It also makes sense to advertise that he will be there to attract viewers who want to see a train wreck.
    YEs, we know that is the breakdown. In the scenes for the upcoming show, there is a wideshot of the boardroom, and you can definitely see each of those people at the boardroom table, sitting on the sides to line the teams up.

Regarding Rodman, remember that the reports were that after Dennis was fired, he did make some adjustments in his life in response. I agree with you in not being able to see Trump want to bring him back to furthe humiliate him ... but i could see Trump bringing him back to give him a chance at redemption.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3439232;
    YEs, we know that is the breakdown. In the scenes for the upcoming show, there is a wideshot of the boardroom, and you can definitely see each of those people at the boardroom table, sitting on the sides to line the teams up.

Regarding Rodman, remember that the reports were that after Dennis was fired, he did make some adjustments in his life in response. I agree with you in not being able to see Trump want to bring him back to furthe humiliate him ... but i could see Trump bringing him back to give him a chance at redemption.
    Thanks, I have not seen that promo showing the boardroom. Annie is definately working with a huge disadvantage as far as competent workers go. Yowza.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3437424;

She probably isn't actually tone deaf, but is just not a good singer. A lot of poor singers erroneously refer to themselves as tone deaf. Brande did actually sound tone deaf.

That makes a lot more sense. The people I know who are acutually tone deaf couldn't write a song--because they cannot hear differences in the notes.

But it was obvious that Annie could.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tribal Speak
    I'm not so sure this is all bad for Annie. If it's about making money... Brande was a huge money maker, and Rodman should be able to help as well in that manner... even Green could possibly have something.

For Joan, I expect her and Melissa have many of the same contacts, which could hurt them, though Clint and Herscell could be helpful.

If it's all about money and Rodman is willing to use contacts... I'm going with Annie's team.

annie's team does have the advantage of having a wide range of contacts. I get the feeling Melissa and Joan are going to be limited, since they both said they tried and failed to get donors in past tasks - melissa was told she was being fired for not being able to bring in the bucks.

I don't get the feeling that Clint would care if Joan won or lost and he and Hershall may have used their best contacts earlier on. Didn't CB use Tim McGraw very early on?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3439644;
    I'm not so sure this is all bad for Annie. If it's about making money... Brande was a huge money maker, and Rodman should be able to help as well in that manner... even Green could possibly have something.

For Joan, I expect her and Melissa have many of the same contacts, which could hurt them, though Clint and Herscell could be helpful.

If it's all about money and Rodman is willing to use contacts... I'm going with Annie's team.
    While Green and Rodman may have the resources to raise money, I think there's a big question as to whether or not either will be willing to really put in the effort and call out the stops to help Annie. I could see either of them seeing it as a chance to prove they were fired unfairly, but could also see both of them saying "What's in it for me -- nothing - why bother?"

+ Reply to Thread