+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Just saw this:

The finale will also feature the return of former "Apprentice" contenders Dennis Rodman, Tom Green, Melissa Rivers, Brande Roderick, Clint Black and Herschel Walker, NBC said.

3-hour live 'Apprentice' finale planned - UPI.com

Well, I'll take Brande and Hershel on my team.
    Last edited by Kip; 05-05-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: to add link

Herschel, Clint and Melissa with Joan.
    Rodman, Green, and Brande with Annie.

Does that make sense?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3436147;
    Herschel, Clint and Melissa with Joan.
    Rodman, Green, and Brande with Annie.

Does that make sense?
    That's the way it showed in the preview. I thikn it makes sense, and I think you can almost figure out exactly how the people were picked. I'm guessing that Joan won the coin toss, and chose Melissa first. Then Annie too Brande, Joan Herschel, Annie (faced with not liking Clint) chose Dennis ... because she loves the sports guys. Then Joan took Clint, leaving Annie with Tom.

FORT Newbie

As much as I thought Clint's "jingle" was too country and not catchy enough, 48 hours later, it's the only one of the two I can still hear in my head. I'm not a country fan and the judges thought it was "too country", but isn't sticking with the listener the main criteria? All I can remember of Annie's is that she was really chuffed with herself for having come up with it.

I also think Joan should have been fired for having quit the week before. Alas, as soon as Jesse said he didn't know if he'd tap into his wife's celebrity, I knew he was done for.

Quote Originally Posted by pointmonger;3436331;
    As much as I thought Clint's "jingle" was too country and not catchy enough, 48 hours later, it's the only one of the two I can still hear in my head. I'm not a country fan and the judges thought it was "too country", but isn't sticking with the listener the main criteria? All I can remember of Annie's is that she was really chuffed with herself for having come up with it.

I also think Joan should have been fired for having quit the week before. Alas, as soon as Jesse said he didn't know if he'd tap into his wife's celebrity, I knew he was done for.
    Clint's jingle included the same "what's the best tuna Chicken of the sea "that has been the jingle for over 40 years. I remember that jingle and it is old and dated.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3436827;
    Clint's jingle included the same "what's the best tuna Chicken of the sea "that has been the jingle for over 40 years. I remember that jingle and it is old and dated.
    Both jingles did - that was a requirement.

I can't recall either of them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3437289;
    Both jingles did - that was a requirement.

I can't recall either of them.

I certainly wasn't trying to remember either of them--but Clint's is the one I can hear too. And I am no fan of Clint or his music. But he surely can sing.

"Annie's" jingle is long gone.

Btw--is anyone else wondering how someone who is tone deaf--and I know a number of people who are--could actually WRITE a tune? How did Annie do that? They didn't show her doing that. They showed her sitting with the guitarist who was playing the final version of the tune and telling him to "Go up" at the end of a phrase.

Just wondering........

Quote Originally Posted by pointmonger;3436331;
    I don't really remember Clint's, just sort of a sense of a generic country tune which makes me think of Jimmy Dean country sausages. Not the message I think the tuna people are trying to get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3437408;
    Btw--is anyone else wondering how someone who is tone deaf--and I know a number of people who are--could actually WRITE a tune? How did Annie do that? They didn't show her doing that. They showed her sitting with the guitarist who was playing the final version of the tune and telling him to "Go up" at the end of a phrase.

Just wondering........
    She probably isn't actually tone deaf, but is just not a good singer. A lot of poor singers erroneously refer to themselves as tone deaf. Brande did actually sound tone deaf.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Clint's jingle was helped by the musical arrangement and use of backup singers. I would like to have heard Annies with the same help. They were both good. Joan and Jesse's commercial was much better. Annie's tried to get too much dialog into 30 seconds and it sounded rushed.

Clints was slow and dull as dishwater. I remember Annie's because it was Peppy and had a beat to it. Joan's commercial reminds of those stupid ones that used to air in the 60's just really bad and nonsensical. I learned alot out of Annie & Brande's commercial.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread