Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Re: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

for what it is worth, I thought Clint Black's jingle was way better

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3433257;
    "Holy S-R-A-P" is my new motto.

As dumb as she sounded... at least she can laugh at herself...
    Yeah, I'm not dumb, but I could totally seeing myself do something just like this...thinking one word that I really shouldn't say on camera, starting to spell it and ending up with a combination of that and the more acceptable word. Yeah, totally something I would do.

Just for the record...huge Jesse fan here. While I thought he acted like a jerk and quite childish in last weeks episode, I think he's a great guy. I think he's very smart and had little patience for the EGO that was Clint Black. Clint is smart but limits himself by not listening. He totally should have won last night, however, he did NOT listen to the execs when they were telling them what they were looking for. He seems to think he knows all the answers. Jesse just got sick of it, I think.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 05-04-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cstewart31;3434063;
    I was an Annie fan before her appearance on the show. I used to watch her and her brother play poker before it became big. I guess I liked her then, because she didn't speak much!
    Carol
    For me it was the other way around. I was never a fan of hers when I watched her play poker but I like her now. Plus anyone is better than Joan! She crossed the line with her name calling and someone like that does not deserve to win the title of Celebrity Apprentice. :nono
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by ArdisJ;3433483;
    Joan can dish it out but she can't take it.....
    And that has been the source of all the vitrol between them. God forbid that someone should show up and want to win despite the Rivers' twins being there.

And as far as Annie calling Joan a B****, she has swallowed a ton more than she's given out. Annie may be full of herself (in a man, that would be "confident") but she's letting the Rivers' own behavior hang themselves. No one else in the F4 has a problem with Annie.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'll never forget for as long as I live Duke's comment: "That woman must die!"

(Did I remember it correctly? It's worse than the Hitler comment.) This is going to be an epic war. The catfight continues right to the end with Joan in the Final Boardroom: "This woman is disgusting!"

Trump's shocking decision:

"You're both fired!"

Jesse would have been great in the final 2. He's is so creative and comes up with the best ideas of anyone. That was ridiculous that Trump would try to pressure Jesse into using his wife for the task. Trump didn't hire Sandra bullock to play Apprentice, Trump hired Jesse. He shouldn't expect 2 for the price of one. Now I have no one to root for...bummer
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3434444;
    I did not say Annie "Wasn't smart." One of my posts above does say she is smart.

But honestly folks--a few college degrees does not make one an intellectual. Engaging in intellectual pursuits does.

Playing Poker is NOT one of those.

Playing poker is gambling--and not hanging out with the nicest people--the people who run the venues where poker is played.

Florimel says--

"In reality, a high percentage of poker players have brilliant minds and advanced degrees. Many are engineers, mathematicians, attorneys, physicians, and business executives."

I suspect you're talking about people who play poker for a hobby or for fun?

Because being a Professional gambler--like Annie--is far different from being an engineer, a lawyer. etc and playing a game
    for fun.
    I can name several poker players who have a degree from MIT and more from Harvard.. etc..

Poker is more then just game. Yes you do gamble, but you need to know how to read people, math plays a huge factor.. being able to think quickly even a bigger factor.

Most of the top players on the pro tours are brilliant. Chris Ferguson is a PhD in computer sicence, from UCLA. Andy Bloch has 3 degrees, 2 from MIT in Electrical Engineering and a law degree from Harvard. Phil Gordon, computer science degree from Ga Tech (go yellow jackets!). Barry Greenstein, again computer science degree and used to work for Symantec (I am sure all you other computer geeks know the company lol).

I guess as someone who is educated and plays poker.. and would do it as a pro if i had the cash.. I feel some what offended when anyone trys to say that Poker Players are not educated or should be doing something else because its only gambling. I think its amazing that they can make a living.. a GREAT living.. doing something they love. Not many other people can say that.

As for them not being nice people.. well the ones I have been lucky enough to have contact with are nice.. and its been noted over and over how many donate some of, if not ALL, their winnings to charity.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I am so confused..maybe I watched the wrong show last night or something...but I thought Clint was eliminated and Jesse and Joan, along with Brande and Annie, were left?

The finale is next week?

I am so confused.

I also didn't know that Sandra Bullock and Jesse are married...geez, I am out of the loop.

FORT Fogey

Annie is an intellect if you look at her resume. She's accomplished more academically than most of the world - and at very prestigous schools to boot.

All gambling gameplay with stakes, and gameplay is a HUGELY intellectual activity. Whether it's a game of Clue or high stakes poker in Vegas, any kind of game requires strategy and forethought.

Colleges such as MIT, Brown, Harvard, etc. offer advanced degrees in game theory. IMO, it is both an academic AND an intellectual subject area.

how do you know she doesn't "engage in intellectual pursuits"???

why isn't playing poker an "intellectual pursuit"? it requires strategy, math, etc.

not hanging out with the nicest people???? i gamble, and i think i'm a pretty nice person . . .

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3434444;
    I did not say Annie "Wasn't smart." One of my posts above does say she is smart.

But honestly folks--a few college degrees does not make one an intellectual. Engaging in intellectual pursuits does.

Playing Poker is NOT one of those.

Playing poker is gambling--and not hanging out with the nicest people--the people who run the venues where poker is played.

Florimel says--

"In reality, a high percentage of poker players have brilliant minds and advanced degrees. Many are engineers, mathematicians, attorneys, physicians, and business executives."

I suspect you're talking about people who play poker for a hobby or for fun?

Because being a Professional gambler--like Annie--is far different from being an engineer, a lawyer. etc and playing a game for fun.

+ Reply to Thread