+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Re: ****SPOILERS***** 5/3 show discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3433749;
    Actually she talks like someone who never got any compliments or props when she was a kid and she had to do all her own support.

\
    I would be willing to bet actual money (which I never do--I hate gambling) that in her family she is looked down on because she is the one who's not an intellectual.

And I'd be willing to bet that she went into poker playing to give her famous family the finger--figuritively.
    Maybe she should give her family one of her famous BJs Annie gives new meaning to the word "guttersnipe." If someone waved a $10 bill in front of Annie, she would trample over infants and mewling kittens in order to be the first one to grab the money. She's a hustler, pure and simple (and by "hustler," I don't mean "hooker," because who would pay her??? ) If Trump thinks that having a playboy playmate as the CA would be an embarrassment to his show, how about a low-rent, ethically-challenged, trash-mouth gambler???

West Coast watcher here...Clint has just been fired.

I thought Clint's jingle was much catchier than Annie's. Athen's commercial and jingle were both too wordy and ordinary to get anyone's attention. In fact, their jingle sounded like something that would be sung on "Barney".

Chicken of the Sea will lose a lot of Country Music fans from their decision.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3433673;
    i'm not totally convinced that joan hasn't been holding back her big contributors.

we'll see next week! THREE HOUR LIVE SHOW.
    1 1/2 hours too much...

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3433749;
    I would be willing to bet actual money (which I never do--I hate gambling) that in her family she is looked down on because she is the one who's not an intellectual.
    Hard to say. She DOES after all have two undergrad degrees from Columbia and got within a month of having her PhD. For most of us that would be pretty intellectual. Then again, most of us don't have Richard Lederer for a father. So you could be right in the end.
    Last edited by Krom; 05-04-2009 at 01:29 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Someone mentioned Joan bring her big guns to the finale. The only big hired gun she has is her plastic surgeon and he's not that good. The last time Joan was relevant was before she got and lost her late night spot to Arsenio Hall.

I love how Annie doesn't stoop to the level of Joan with all that name calling in the boardroom.

I happen to love how much confidence Annie has if you don't have confidence you generally get stepped on.

As far as Clint's Jingle. Just a thought since the Tuna company wanted them to come up with a jingle, just maybe the wanted a new one since that Jingle has been around for decades. Clinton's version was dry and dull.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;3433757;
    West Coast watcher here...Clint has just been fired.

I thought Clint's jingle was much catchier than Annie's. Athen's commercial and jingle were both too wordy and ordinary to get anyone's attention. In fact, their jingle sounded like something that would be sung on "Barney".

Chicken of the Sea will lose a lot of Country Music fans from their decision.
    I agree, on all counts. I don't understand the "many people are not country music fans" rationale at all. Being from Boston, to say that I'm not a country music fan is probably the understatement of the century (they're definitely not in the majority around here ) But I'm also not deaf, and you really would have to be deaf not to realize that Clint had a MUCH better tune, by far. There wasn't even any competition, in my opinion, and if the Chicken of the Sea execs really think that people would rather hear a generic and mediocre jingle rather than an excellent country jingle, then it would probably behoove them to remove their heads from their collective behinds. Pronto

Clint did nothing to that jingle but add a country twang to it. That is the exact same jingle Chicken has had for the past 40 some years nothing different. Why on earth would they ask them to write a new jingle if they didn't want something new. Annie and Brande had New and Clint was stale and the fact that Joan wanted to Cluck at the end tells me she is stupid. That commerical sounded like a retro commercial from the 60+s.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I LOVE JESSE!!!! As he said he is just a welder from Long Beach! I see him and his wife all the time and they are SO normal.

I really thought Clint's jingle was a better song, but, not a good "jingle." Jingles should be catchy and stick with you. I thought Annie's was much better as a jingle.

I thought both aspects of KOTU's final product were very good, but, horribly mismatched. KOTU's song was slow and lyrical, but the ad was loud and manic. They did not go well together.

Athena's jingle and ad went together well as a package.

I wanted to root for Joan in the beginning. Her antics the past few weeks have been disgusting and I am really disappointed that she is in the F2. It really should have been Jesse/Annie.

Congratulations, Annie! I would love to have seen An Annie/Brande final, but I will be cheering for Annie all the way. As far as Annie being low-rent, her father is a well-respected linguist, writer, and teacher. Her mother is also a teacher. She and siblings Howard and Katy Lederer, published author, all have advanced degrees from Ivy League universities and were graduated from top prep schools. I think she has been remarkably restrained in light of the attacks on her by the Rivers women.

Those who don't like her will continue not to like her, but I hardly think low-rent trash is accurate.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

What is Quality TV? junktvjunkie's Avatar

I wish Jesse would have gone further. I think the holding back comment were a fair point, for not tapping his potential resources earlier, but the constant harping on not calling on Sandra were way too over the top. Overall, I think that Jesse would have managed the final task better than Joan, but I guess it wasn't as juicy of a rivalry.

As for Joan vs Annie.. I'm rooting for Team Annie. I think Annie has really proven herself to be a top player in the game on multiple levels. Has she made mistakes or made dumb on-camera comments? Of course. But almost everyone on the cast has. But in contrast, I find that Joan, out of all the players, has been the only one to strike at people on a personal level in the boardroom. She has done so first against Clint Black and then to a ridiculous degree against Annie. In response, I think Annie has been about as cordial as anyone should expect given the verbal attacks she has been subjected to. Piers showed similar restraint last season until Omarosa started pulling his kids into her insults.

I dunno what's going on with next week's teams though.. based on the preview clips:

Team Joan:
    Joan, Herschel, Melissa, and Clint Black

Team Annie:
    Annie, Dennis Rodman, Brande, and Tom Green

I dunno how teams got picked, but having both Rodman and Green on Annie's team sounds really iffy... all she needed was to get Dice Clay on her team to get the trifecta for failure.

+ Reply to Thread