+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

FORT Fan

Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3425833;

As to not listening to her ideas - hello - the time that they lost so atrociously to KOTU was partly based on the trite ideas that MELISSA insisted be used for the vignettes in the video phone launch. She pretty much bull dozed the ideas over everyone elses.

The Rivers' seemed to have selective memory when it comes to their own flaws, but they have an elephant's memory when it comes to anything that someone else did - even if they have to make it up.
    If memory serves, my recollection is that Melissa directed the live segment of the video presentation - the choreographed dancing, Joan on stage, etc. The video vignettes was a source of tension between her and the project leader at the time and little of Melissa's idea was used.

Quote Originally Posted by tfred;3428401;
    And, besides that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play?
    Sorry? I don't quite get how this quote relates to my post.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3427498;

For me, her vicious attacks are not funny. I know I've said it before, but for one Jewish person to call another Jewish person a Hitler and a Nazi is unfathomable.
    I didn't know Annie is Jewish.

Quote Originally Posted by "nervousing";342855 View Post
    I didn't know Annie is Jewish.
    Her maiden name is Lederer, just like Dear Abby and Ann Landers. That's a Jewish name and she would definitely be at least half Jewish. She and brother Howard graduated from Columbia University, the "Jewish Ivy League Univeristy." Both are listed among Jewish sports figures.

I enjoy poker (all card playing really) and I tend to look up players I like, especially since so many of them have brilliant minds. Chris Ferguson has a PhD in Computer Science from UCLA and studied game theory. Andy Bloch was one the M.I.T students who part of the card counting group that the movie 21 starring Kevin Spacy was based on. I just find this all fascinating since it's come so far from our original concept of poker players we saw in the old west movies.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was never a fan of Joan Rivers, and certainly haven't become one after her shenanigans on this show.

Like most "reality" shows, it is easier to assume that they are all playing roles. But Joan, Melissa, Clint, Dennis...their portrayals of themselves or characters do not entertain me, but inspire me to fast-forward or channel surf. Annie is slightly more tolerable, but not much.

I'm watching for Jesse.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by "nervousing";342854 View Post
    If memory serves, my recollection is that Melissa directed the live segment of the video presentation - the choreographed dancing, Joan on stage, etc. The video vignettes was a source of tension between her and the project leader at the time and little of Melissa's idea was used.
    The vignettes were Melissa's basic ideas because Claudia (the pm) gave into her. She did direct the live segment after Brande stepped down - Melissa said she took it over because it wasn't going well, Claudia said she let Melissa do it to shut her up.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

right, i don't get why everyone is so down on annie for playing the game. melissa is no more than a whiny brat.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3425156;
    Hey, last I checked this IS a game. And I'd rather see someone playing than constantly whining about someone else's game.

And I don't consider an attempt to manipulate someone outside the fair bounds of this game. Not that ME is that hard to manipulate. If you keep in mind that she only goes in one direction--pettiness, jealousy, insecurity, boastfulness, etc.

she also said coerce instead of conspire, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3425227;
    Brande doesn't know how to say "forego". I got the impression that she doesn't know what it means.

if i wasn't already sick of the rivers twins, this elimination sealed the deal! whore?!?!?!?! stupid blonde?!?!?!? wow.

melissa running around like a jackass in the aircast and high heel???

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3425271;
    Ah. Cramer gives a head turn to Melissa interrupting Trump. It was a kind of "what kind of fool cuts off the boss like that" moment.

Shame he wasn't there for the "I resent thats" in the past.

But to her face, they talk about money raising as the issue.

Time for Joan to FREAK OUT!!! Whoooooo! This ought to be entertaining. THAT will make better TV than Annie vs. Melissa, which has been getting boring.

Did Melissa just yell out "whore"? Way to go out with CLASS.

Oh here goes Joan. "Stupid blonde"? Come on. Not so stupid if she got out of that boardroom alive. "Money with blood"? Wow.

And we see the REAL ME-lissa at the end here. Trump, Ivanka and Cramer CRINGE in the boardroom in absolute terror.

she'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3425294;
    OK, wanna bet on whether Joan comes back?

+ Reply to Thread