+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

What is Quality TV? junktvjunkie's Avatar

Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3425610;
    My favorite part of the whole Melissa meltdown was the fact that she just had to go back up to the suites instead of out the door like everyone else, because she needed mommy to see that me-me was upset, and wanted to make sure that mommy was upstairs yelling at all of the bad people for her. Just get your behind in the cab and go like everyone else, Sheesh!
    That reminds me... in a behind the scenes special a few years back for the regular (non-Celebrity) Apprentice show, they showed that the suite was actually on the same floor as the boardroom. They only made it sound like they were "upstairs" and they always implied it, because the survivors would go "up" in one elevator and the loser went down in the other elevator. I just noticed that they no longer have the survivors going into the other elevator.

but yeah... it was pretty funny to see her stomping back from the suite

What is Quality TV? junktvjunkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3425737;
    To me, having celebrities compete over who can call the most rich people to show up with lots of cash to get themselves on TV for 30 seconds is not an interesting premise.
    I totally agree!

For that reason, I'm really starting to miss the "normal" Apprentice show. I just don't find rolodex tasks enjoyable to watch because they are so lacking in creativity. I will say that they at least seem to break it up more this season than last season, so there ar3 a few more non-rolodex tasks this time around. But I think that because of that, the celebrities who end up managing the non-rolodex tasks sort of lose out for their charities, since they only earn themselves $20K vs like $100K on some of the other rolodex tasks.

Melissa came across looking like an escapee from the mental hospital. When I saw her stomping through the corridor yelling "get me an elevator" I just totally lost it with laughter,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

The Trump takes many things into consideration when he fires people. Brandie's team's campaign lost and it was all Annie Duke's vision. Annie should have gone home for that. Brandie took credit for the idea with Annie's mind manipulation AND she was the team leader. Brandie should have gone home for being a puppet and a poor leader.

Melissa didn't do a single thing wrong and yet she was the one to go which Donald straight up said was because she brought in the least cash between Brandie and Annie. 4th is pretty good when you think about it.

What Donald is doing is making sure the two people who can bring in the most money will be left at the end. And, one has brains and the other has beauty.

Good money, good tv.

I understand the whole charity thing but as a result, it's all about who has the biggest rolodex, and it is compeltely unfair as a result. I do NOT like that aspsect of the show, but I'm not sure how they could change it and still rake in big dough for charity.

Quote Originally Posted by junktvjunkie;3426755;
    I totally agree!

For that reason, I'm really starting to miss the "normal" Apprentice show. I just don't find rolodex tasks enjoyable to watch because they are so lacking in creativity. I will say that they at least seem to break it up more this season than last season, so there ar3 a few more non-rolodex tasks this time around. But I think that because of that, the celebrities who end up managing the non-rolodex tasks sort of lose out for their charities, since they only earn themselves $20K vs like $100K on some of the other rolodex tasks.
    Yep, I agree too. I find watching them call people and ask for money at best boring and at worst awkward and uncomfortable.

FORT Newbie

I have watched every show since the start of this series and if Joan and Melissa are gone I for one will NOT bother to watch the rest of the season. I LOVE Joan,like Melissa,like Clint,have grown to dislike Jesse but I really HATE those two witches Annie-Brandie. I think some people here who do not like Joan have never watched her standup bit....it is very much a mirror of this performance.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfngrnc;3426819;
    I think some people here who do not like Joan have never watched her standup bit....it is very much a mirror of this performance.
    I've seen her stand up, I've read (partially, anyway - unpleasant piece of garbage that it was) one of her books, I've been quite familiar with her work since sometime in the 1970s and she has never stopped disgusting me. Her behaviour on this show can't, as far as I'm concerned be attributed to being old and crotchety because she has always been an ill-natured harpy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfngrnc;3426819;
    I have watched every show since the start of this series and if Joan and Melissa are gone I for one will NOT bother to watch the rest of the season. I LOVE Joan,like Melissa,like Clint,have grown to dislike Jesse but I really HATE those two witches Annie-Brandie. I think some people here who do not like Joan have never watched her standup bit....it is very much a mirror of this performance.
    I don't like Joan and I have watched Joan and her shtick and this was no comedy Routine her behavior was beyond boorish and nothing more than personal attack all over a game. Joan needs to potty train Melissa and let her fight her own battles. I wonder how much the charity she was representing appreciated her comment about charities?:nono

I feel no sorrow for Melissa if momma had of cut the cord years ago she wouldn't have raised such and imbecile who still carries nonsensical issues from high school. Melissa is a grown woman she needs to start acting like one. :nono
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;3425947;
    I've noticed Donald has had two financial analysts from CNBC (financial show) on his show and then guess who is on the CNBC financial show? Donald's daughter, Ivanka, she is giving financial advise...I don't think so, I sure as heck wouldn't take financial advise from her serious, not if I wanted to lose money. I watch this financial show a lot, it's the first time I've seen Ivanka on it, just not able to put my head around her as a financial expert giving advise to real investors.
    Actually I think Ivanka is a pretty sharp cookie. She seems to have a very keen sense of observation and is very analytical in diseminating what she sees. I keep hoping that on one episode after the boardroom firing when it shows Trump "justifying" his decision that it will show her turning around and saying "I think you made the wrong choice this time." Doubt if they would ever show it even it she did it but I can hope
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

Loved, loved the show! ME-lissa running around in her cast after whining about how she hadn't complained about her injury was too funny.

Brande was also funny when she claimed she was smarter for being beautiful. Especially after she had the "forgoo" moment (most people would put it in the infinitive "to forgo") and her earlier slip when she sat down to tell Annie that ME-lissa thought they were conspiring against her. I can't remember the word she used (coinciding?), but when Annie corrected her with "conspiring" it was glaring.

As for whether Joan will be back, Trump told Jay Leno when he was on the Tonight Show that Joan and ME-lissa didn't get "voted off" at the same time. I think that is how he said it. That could still mean that one left on her own, but I think it means that Joan comes back.

+ Reply to Thread