+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

FORT Fogey

Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3425875;
    I am at a loss, what did Donald do that was wrong?
    I think the driving force behind Melissa's blow up is that once again, Donald did a crappy job of giving reasons for the firing. Of the three, Melissa was the weakest at defending herself. I think that she showed she's spent her life in the entertainment industry where the individual you are is the product / business, and there's no divide between the two. But outside of entertainment, that doesn't work in business. You're not the product -- the results you produce are. Brande was proving herself very weak and was headed out the door because she wouldn't defend herself. Jim Cramer managed to light a fire under her, and brought out a passionate defense. AT that point, the message was clear to all of them. Annie didn't receive a gift from anyone to escape any criticism. She was simply being very smart and not talking. When she was slammed, instead of defending herself, she waited to see if Trump would be moved by it. When he wasn't, she kept quiet, keeping the attention off herself.

Melissa was not that smart. When the attention was elsewhere, instead of keeping quiet, she spoke up to defend herself. That removed Brande from the hot seat. THe warning to defend yourself strongly had already been sent out, and instead of doing that, she tried to take down everyone else. If in that moment she had stayed focused on the tasks and business - giving concrete examples instead of mass exaggerations, I think she would have survived. But when she didn't, she showed Trump that it wasn't about business for her, it was about hte product of Melissa. THAT I think is the reason that she was fired, but Trump utterly failed to communicate that to her. Instead, he joined the behavior that she had been exhibiting -- he spoke in mass generalities and exaggerations which were not true (Melissa did contribute quite a bit). Melissa felt deeply personally insulted to not have her work recognized, and that led to the tirade.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I understand that, but again, what did he do that was wrong or even out of character? Throughout the history of this show, Trump's firings have been subjective. How many times have we heard contestants say that you never know what will go on in a boardroom? That it is unpredictable. That is why we see week after week, people trying to avoid going into the board room. The Coiffure is under no obligation to keep any of them. The unpredictablility is part of the show.

Even in a real job, people will not be hired for a myriad of reasons, the majority of which are subjective. This is a game. Trump is playing it as much as anyone else and he has the right to fire whom he chooses - even if that choice is because they are wearing a brown tie. He actually fired Melissa for a very clear reason, she didn't fundraise as well as the others. He had already stated that fundraising is important. When Brande mounted her defense she also brought that point out. Given that they were being judged on a task where they were very close as to whether they won or lost, it was perfectly reasonable for Trump to move on to another criteria other than performance on the task to pick someone to fire.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Melissa spent most of the task whining about "the mean girls" If I thought someone was out to get me fired you had better believe I would have done something, even it was come up with some sort of proof of their duplicity. Melissa whined like a two year old. When she cut the Donald off she was a goner I saw it in his and Ivanka's eyes.

Melissa will always be an easy mark for a setup. Melissa just has too think someone is going to get her and she implodes without provocation. I see a life full of drama in her future she really is an easy mark because you don't have to do a thing she does it herself,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pointmonger;3425972;
    OK, I have to pipe in. Everyone is giving Brande grief for saying "foregoo", but where are all the snide comments about Melissa tossing out the sarcastic, "Oh, and I've been so uneffective" comment at the elevator? ...
    I agree. When Brande said that, my husband and I looked at each other and laughed. But neither of us knew what the past tense of "forgo" was - and I work as an editor and my husband has a PhD, so we're not exactly dummies. I had to look up "forgo" to find out what the past tense was - it's "forwent." I swear I've never heard or seen that word before; people must really avoid having to use the past tense of that word. I totally understand how Brande got herself in that situation and had to come up with a past tense on the spot. It was really funny though.

wouldn't the past tense have been forgone?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3426531;
    wouldn't the past tense have been forgone?
    There are two words:

forego - means to go before (the past tense here would be "foregone" as in a foregone conclusion)

forgo - means to do without (Today I forgo; yesterday I forwent; I have forgone.)

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3426287;
    I think the driving force behind Melissa's blow up is that once again, Donald did a crappy job of giving reasons for the firing. Of the three, Melissa was the weakest at defending herself. I think that she showed she's spent her life in the entertainment industry where the individual you are is the product / business, and there's no divide between the two. But outside of entertainment, that doesn't work in business. You're not the product -- the results you produce are. Brande was proving herself very weak and was headed out the door because she wouldn't defend herself. Jim Cramer managed to light a fire under her, and brought out a passionate defense. AT that point, the message was clear to all of them. Annie didn't receive a gift from anyone to escape any criticism. She was simply being very smart and not talking. When she was slammed, instead of defending herself, she waited to see if Trump would be moved by it. When he wasn't, she kept quiet, keeping the attention off herself.
    and melissa did damage to her product with her hissy fit/meltdown.

Melissa was not that smart. When the attention was elsewhere, instead of keeping quiet, she spoke up to defend herself. That removed Brande from the hot seat. THe warning to defend yourself strongly had already been sent out, and instead of doing that, she tried to take down everyone else. If in that moment she had stayed focused on the tasks and business - giving concrete examples instead of mass exaggerations, I think she would have survived. But when she didn't, she showed Trump that it wasn't about business for her, it was about hte product of Melissa. THAT I think is the reason that she was fired, but Trump utterly failed to communicate that to her. Instead, he joined the behavior that she had been exhibiting -- he spoke in mass generalities and exaggerations which were not true (Melissa did contribute quite a bit). Melissa felt deeply personally insulted to not have her work recognized, and that led to the tirade.
    since they split joan and melissa, i've watched melissa make several 'game' mistakes and annie was cunning enough to notice them and exploit them. annie is totally playing this game. and she's running away with it now. her only competition is clint at this point.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3426507;
    I agree. When Brande said that, my husband and I looked at each other and laughed. But neither of us knew what the past tense of "forgo" was - and I work as an editor and my husband has a PhD, so we're not exactly dummies. I had to look up "forgo" to find out what the past tense was - it's "forwent." I swear I've never heard or seen that word before; people must really avoid having to use the past tense of that word. I totally understand how Brande got herself in that situation and had to come up with a past tense on the spot. It was really funny though.
    I've always heard the word "foregone" used, as in "It was a foregone conclusion that Annie gave the best bjs." I've never heard of "forewent" either.

FORT Regular

Annie may be a good game player, after all she comes from the world of poker, but Joan is by far the best business person of the remaining players. At the age of 76 she is still a top draw in the world of comedy. And, she runs an incredibly successful jewelry/odds and ends salesroom on one of the on line sales networks, I forgoo which one . And sorry all you playboy fans, but Brandee is dumb as a stump. If Joan comes back, I think she will win, but you never know, The Donald really is partial to Annie, and might just throw the win to her.

What is Quality TV? junktvjunkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3425855;
    I did the ME-lissa nickname!!!

love it!! hahaha... I dunno what it is about little things like things like this when they fit so perfectly.. I coined "MAlice" for Mary Alice Stephenson in the America's Most Smartest Model forum... cuz she deserved it... for the enjoyment of me and the five other people nationwide who watched that trainwreck..

+ Reply to Thread