+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

I think this show is being heavily scripted. They're portraying everyone in a very bad light. If I were a celebrity. there is no way I could go on this show. Instead of an Equal Opportunity Employer, it's an Equal Opportunity Destroyer.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425714;
    When Trump passed that note saying WHO should be fird--he showed that HE decides who goes and who stays.

Hardly a results-driven contest is it?
    He has always decided who is fired, through out the history of the show. The winning team with the tasks may be decided by outsiders, but the Coiffured One has always done the firing. The only reason he passed that note was so that Kramer would lay off Brande and make Melissa's firing more palatable to the viewer.

The tasks are results driven, and meant to be, but the firings are as subjective on the show as they are in real life.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3425787;
    The only reason he passed that note was so that Kramer would lay off Brande and make Melissa's firing more palatable to the viewer.
    The entire Board could have laid into each and every player remaining and praised Melissa to the skies and her firing would still have been palatable to me. I understand that some people feel J&M were justified in the vitriol they spewed at the "mean girls", but quite honestly, anyone who behaves in an office environment the way Melissa has will find themselves marginalized. While she may have, as she claims, worked hard, her ideas were not that great (Annie was right about the ideas she proposed for the deodorant ad - they were more appropriate for a women's magazine), she continually dismissed her team in favour of a member of the other team, and her sullen pettiness was by far the more highschool behaviour than that of the other two women. Honestly, if I were on her team I wouldn't want to be associating much with her either.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone know if Joan comes back or did she really quit?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Whether their tantrum last night was scripted or not, I had the realization that I just don't like any of the people left on this show. Piers' win last season should have told me that there would not be a winner that has any good qualities or decency this season either. I guess I'm totally old-school because I like to see people that are likeable winning, and that just isn't going to happen here. I finally got my husband to agree with me that we won't watch this garbage anymore.
    Have fun with the rest of the season!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3425794;
    The entire Board could have laid into each and every player remaining and praised Melissa to the skies and her firing would still have been palatable to me. I understand that some people feel J&M were justified in the vitriol they spewed at the "mean girls", but quite honestly, anyone who behaves in an office environment the way Melissa has will find themselves marginalized. While she may have, as she claims, worked hard, her ideas were not that great (Annie was right about the ideas she proposed for the deodorant ad - they were more appropriate for a women's magazine), she continually dismissed her team in favour of a member of the other team, and her sullen pettiness was by far the more highschool behaviour than that of the other two women. Honestly, if I were on her team I wouldn't want to be associating much with her either.

I agree totally with what you have said. Melissa can complain about the 'mean' girls until the cows come home with their botox injections, but the truth of it is that she and her mother made a formidable team and one member of that team spent half of the last couple of boardrooms spewing vitriol against a member of her team, so I don't blame two other girls for shutting her out, if that is wht actually happened and it wasn't just editing and Melissa's whining that made it seemed to be.

As to not listening to her ideas - hello - the time that they lost so atrociously to KOTU was partly based on the trite ideas that MELISSA insisted be used for the vignettes in the video phone launch. She pretty much bull dozed the ideas over everyone elses. Also, I think the other women saw early on how Melissa took credit for everything, anyone remember Claudia and Zappos? So who could blame them for 'keeping secrets'?

The Rivers' seemed to have selective memory when it comes to their own flaws, but they have an elephant's memory when it comes to anything that someone else did - even if they have to make it up.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3425813;
    I guess I'm totally old-school because I like to see people that are likeable winning,
    Personally, I am not as interested in seeing someone likeable win - i want to see someone who has played the game win, not just shown up for a paycheck and a small fame injection into a lagging career.

I'd like to see Annie win - I don't like her as a person, but she is playing the game really well.

Jim Cramer seems pretty weak-willed.

Quote Originally Posted by junktvjunkie;3425455;
    wow what a conniption!!! I dunno why ME-lissa (love that!) and Joan are freaking out over Brande and Annie... I think the real person who railroaded her was Trump.. although I'll give partial credit to Brande for giving Trump the focal point for (wrongfully) firing Melissa: Money.

It seems that as soon as Brande brought up the show's overall fundraising, Trump writes his note Kramer, redirects the topic back to money, and then literally cues Kramer to pick on ME-lissa.

While I won't be missing ME-lissa's whining, I don't think she deserved to get fired this week.. not at all. Trump fired her because she didn't raise enough money during the season??? Meanwhile, Brande nor Kramer nor Trump could come up with a single reason why ME-lissa should get fired BASED ON THIS TASK. IMO, the clear choice would have been Brande. Maybe they were just fishing for any excuse to keep Brande or maybe it's just about the money, but either way, I thought this decision was BS.

and can I just give kudos to whoever coined the whole ME-lisssa moniker? that just cracks me up...

I did the ME-lissa nickname!!!

I hope Jess wins this thing. I lost respect for the Donald last night. What he did was just wrong and then to pretend that he was not expecting that....what bull. He likes the drama that Annie brings and thats that.
    Be mindful of the ball that rolls in your path and the child who may be coming after it. They will not see you because their eyes are on the ball and your eyes should be on the road!

+ Reply to Thread