+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 356

Thread: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

  1. #271
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    I didn't record the show, but that's exactly what she said! I thought it was hilarious, and as a former English teacher, I was also appalled. I was somewhat afraid she was about to say "forgooed," thinking it was the past tense. Actually, I think she censored herself at the last second, so it came out "forgoo." Yes, she definitely had to work hard in school to overcome the beautiful dumb blonde stereotype.

  2. #272
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3425688;
    If melissa should not have been fired then please remind me what she brought to the task other than drama? Did I miss the part where she decided to do something to save her butt from what she already felt was going to happen? I have to say if Melissa worked with me should would be a scooby snack and not a sole would have to do a thing to her. Melissa and her complexes did her in.
    Even though Annie said she was doing it to calm things with melissa, I think that she nailed their problem when she commented to Melissa that they were suffering from the opposite problem -- Annie was made responsible for too much, and Melissa was not made responsible for enough. As the person in charge of divying up the tasks, that was a mistake made by Brande. Had the PM done a better job of dividing up the work to make sure that everyone was used to the best of their abilties, the outcome may have been different. Ineffectively using talents - whether it's not allowing someone input, or putting too much on the shoulders of another, is the fault of the PM and in my book is reason to be fired.

  3. #273
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3425699;
    Ineffectively using talents - whether it's not allowing someone input, or putting too much on the shoulders of another, is the fault of the PM and in my book is reason to be fired.
    If this were a stand-alone incident, then yes, I would say that Brande should be fired. However, Melissa has been a source of discord from the very beginning, and the ability to work relatively harmoniously with one's co-workers is as equally important as knowing how to do the job, since a single person's negativity can affect the performance of each and every team member.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  4. #274
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    When Trump passed that note saying WHO should be fird--he showed that HE decides who goes and who stays.

    Hardly a results-driven contest is it?

  5. #275
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425714;
    When Trump passed that note saying WHO should be fird--he showed that HE decides who goes and who stays.

    Hardly a results-driven contest is it?
    But, per my post above, Cramer has only been there for one of Brande's performances. Trump has been there for each and every one of Melissa's whinefests and has a much better view of how her disgruntled self-pity can affect a team.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  6. #276
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3425692;
    I didn't record the show, but that's exactly what she said! I thought it was hilarious, and as a former English teacher, I was also appalled. I was somewhat afraid she was about to say "forgooed," thinking it was the past tense. Actually, I think she censored herself at the last second, so it came out "forgoo." Yes, she definitely had to work hard in school to overcome the beautiful dumb blonde stereotype.
    Exactly correct - and they showed Trump and Melissa exchange small smirks when she said it.

    I am disappointed that the premise has been boiled down to who can bring in the most money. It is great to raise the money for charity, but usually it isn't encumbent upon the 'celeb' to raise all the money - if they can do that themselves, then they don't really need the show. I'd like to see more compelling individuals with talent and creativity (ala Jesse) and have corporate sponsors of the show pay the tab. Some of the challenges are set up that way (it seems), but the ones where they just have to call their friends and try to raise as much money as possible are the least interesting challenges (cupcakes, anyone?) To me, having celebrities compete over who can call the most rich people to show up with lots of cash to get themselves on TV for 30 seconds is not an interesting premise.

  7. #277
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3425737;
    Exactly correct - and they showed Trump and Melissa exchange small smirks when she said it.

    I am disappointed that the premise has been boiled down to who can bring in the most money. It is great to raise the money for charity, but usually it isn't encumbent upon the 'celeb' to raise all the money - if they can do that themselves, then they don't really need the show. I'd like to see more compelling individuals with talent and creativity (ala Jesse) and have corporate sponsors of the show pay the tab. Some of the challenges are set up that way (it seems), but the ones where they just have to call their friends and try to raise as much money as possible are the least interesting challenges (cupcakes, anyone?) To me, having celebrities compete over who can call the most rich people to show up with lots of cash to get themselves on TV for 30 seconds is not an interesting premise.

    Amen to that. If that's all the show is about--who really cares?

    Why not just show Trump sitting there with a rolodex and talking on the phone?



    Brande was the Project Manager and delegated too much to Annie. It was Brande's fault and she should have been fired.

    Alternately Annie didn do her jobs as well as the other team did theirs. So SHE should have been fired.
    The LAST person to be fired for that task was Melissa.

    But Trump changes his criteria based on who he wants to see stay.

    IMO he just wanted to be able to look at Brande for another week--so he TOLD Cramer how to vote.

  8. #278
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,349

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    Trump is crushing so bad on Brande that he's forgetting what he says from week to week. Last week he fired Natalie because she picked crappy jewellry, so going by the same standard he should have kicked Annie to the curb this week. Brande & Melissa would have worked fine together - IMO it's Annie who's sowing the seeds of discord. She really is a nasty piece of work. I was howling when Joan was spitting and hissing at her last night - "You're a poker player. A POKER player." With the same amount of venom one might use to say, "You're a member of Al-Qaeda. AL-QUAEDA."

    Poor silly Brande, I cringed for her with that "forgo" slip. Annie really has her twisted nicely around her pinky finger. Joan was over the top last night with that tantrum but everything she said about Brande & Annie was true.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  9. #279
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,116

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;3425413;
    please please please tell me SOMEone heard Brandy's response to Ivanka's statement about how a project manager would "forego" something...and Brandy...wanting to use the past tense... said someone might "foregoo" !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The camera caught both Melissa and Trump trying to stifle their grins and laughter over what they had just heard. priceless!
    It was totally priceless. Though, in her defense, I could see how it would not have been the easiest word for her to put in past verb. It was funny, though, watching Brande struggle to come up with the word.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #280
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    53
    Posts
    6,910

    Re: ****SPOILERS**** 4/27 show discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3425769;
    It was totally priceless. Though, in her defense, I could see how it would not have been the easiest word for her to put in past verb. It was funny, though, watching Brande struggle to come up with the word.
    I honestly can't remember the last time I heard anyone use the word "forwent".
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.