+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice: Media

FORT Fogey

Celebrity Apprentice: Media

According to Television Without Pity (whatever that is), Celebrity Apprentice is in danger of being cancelled due to shrinking ratings. They say it deserves another season but might not get one. "Perhaps the problem is that they need a higher profile of celebrities to draw more viewers in the future," according to the article. (Scroll down): The 10 Shows That Deserve to Return Next Fall (But Might Not) - Yahoo! TV Blog.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice: Media

The show has been threatened with cancellation for a while now.
    I think the problem this season is that it is seeming more staged than usual and that's not boding well with the audience. Getting rid of Tionne and then Khloe just made no sense from a business standpoint. It did make sense from a ratings standpoint and that's making the show way too cheesy and overly scripted.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I read an article last week and can't find it. It was basically an interview with Melissa Rivers and apparently:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Joan has let it slip that Melissa is one of the final 2. When asked about it, Melissa just said that we will have to watch what happens. I hope Jesse is the other one. I need to have someone to root for in the end. It will be like her losing to Chris Judd all over again.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3405512;
    According to Television Without Pity (whatever that is), Celebrity Apprentice is in danger of being cancelled due to shrinking ratings. They say it deserves another season but might not get one. "Perhaps the problem is that they need a higher profile of celebrities to draw more viewers in the future," according to the article. (Scroll down): The 10 Shows That Deserve to Return Next Fall (But Might Not) - Yahoo! TV Blog.
    If I was a celebrity, why would I pick this show to be on in the future? The charity idea was appealing to some, but the cat fights, mean editing, would say "stay away!". Ever since Omarosa, the show is rarely intriguing to someone with wits, ethics and character. I admit I'll keep watching since I started this season - hoping they'll show Clint's not such a bad guy (which happened last night) and I do want to see how the golfer's ploy ends up. But I think Trump is demeaning himself totally and ruining his chance to get any celebrities in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3411784;
    I read an article last week and can't find it. It was basically an interview with Melissa Rivers and apparently:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Joan has let it slip that Melissa is one of the final 2. When asked about it, Melissa just said that we will have to watch what happens. I hope Jesse is the other one. I need to have someone to root for in the end. It will be like her losing to Chris Judd all over again.
    If that is the case, I am DONE with this show

she has contributed NOTHING but griping

Agreed. Can't stand that thought at all.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread