+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: 3/1 Premiere Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/1 Premiere Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I think the reason why nothing was mentioned about Jesse not calling on people for money is he worked his butt off on the signage for the truck. The bunny last year was a poor seller for her team.

Initial impressions. The show was better than I thought it would be. I have always liked Joan Rivers but she has had one too many surgeries on her face.

Owe, Annie knows how to rub people the wrong way. But I can understand why. She is in an individual male dominated field and she does not have any team or social skills. I think her social skills are all geared to irritate people, as an angry poker player is a poor poker player unfortunately she is aiming all that skill at her team and has made herself the least liked person on Athena.

Dennis Rodman and Andrew Dice Clay, ugh, douchebags the both of them, tools, useless pustules of humanity.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3358799;
    Well I'm not saying we have to admire him for it. In fact, probably the opposite in many ways.

I might laud his singlemindedness, in an abstract kind of "there's a secret work ethic even if its NOT making cupcakes or winning money for charity" kind of way. In his own way, Andrew "Dice Clay" Silverstein "works hard" for a goal he set for himself--self-promotion.

I'd at least UNDERSTAND that the crude comments and especially the apparent egotism were fake (although that doesn't alter the fact that a woman that the "character" of Dice lears at may still genuinely feel demeaned).

But you have to balance ALL of that against the fact that he basically screwed a charity to promote himself, and that's kind of scummy. So now people are reminded that "Diceman" exists, and that AS the character of Dice he's a really raw, crude egotistical buffoon (assuming there's still a fanbase of people who want to see that) and thus he might get a few more club gigs and TV guest shots? Great for him. Bad for the charity who didn't get any money, because he attached no importance to actually winning/staying on this show. Or bad for some OTHER charity, who might have gotten money if lets say, Dennis Leary had been cast as the "foul mouthed comedian" instead of this guy, and Leary actually helped the charity over his own career.
    Now see I don’t think he was using this in attempt to make a 'comeback' per se or even so much remind people Diceman is around. I will agree that he was in character.. but I think he was because he felt that it was expected of him. you can see moments in the show where he wasn't and he was trying to be a buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by hikari;3359246;
    Ivanka sure got all the looks in that family . . .she is a freak of nature, and that worked out well for her.
    Memo to Donnie: This is no longer 1988, and Gordon Gekko wasn't even a good look for Michael Douglas. For God's sake, get another barber. Then consider getting a real job while you're at it.
    Loser. I bet he's heaps of fun at a cocktail party.
    She got the looks because Daddy paid for them

If you look at her, she may have enough of her mom in her but she’s got the Trump lips, of which there is no doubt since she does that pout as well. From what I see she’s had them worked on along with her nose, boobs and well the obvious dye job on her hair to me she just looks overly fake, her sister-in-law is much better looking to me. I just wish they would stop being such yes-men but they are his kids, no way around that I guess. I really want to see someone come off and call the Donald out for the Fool he can be.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

The cheese factor of this show is the BEST! I think it has the single best intro + soundtrack of any show I can think of and to call on the Trump to be host was genius.

....just had to say it.

Reg. the offspring, I think both are intelligent and good looking. I like the Gordon Gecko hair-do! For being a real, heartless ass in business (as my family who is on the East coast read about daily), Trump appears to have been a very good father. Or, maybe I'm just being naive.

so, having never watched this before, can someone explain the process. Do they do a new challenge every week? Does a new project manager get chosen every week? How do the ones to be eliminated get chosen?

thank you all

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3366075;
    so, having never watched this before, can someone explain the process. Do they do a new challenge every week? Does a new project manager get chosen every week? How do the ones to be eliminated get chosen?

thank you all
    Yes, they get a new project each week. Generally the team chooses who the PM will be or someone volunteers. It has happened (although rare) where Trump chooses the PM.

The losing PM chooses 2 others to join them in the boardroom. Each team member then "fights" for their right to stay. Trump might say "Sam, you were in charge of the signs and they looked aweful, why should you not get fired". Sam says "Well Mr. Trump, John is the PM and he didn't give me enough money to work with". And on and on.

BTW - I posted a recap of what Dice had to say on Howard Stern Tues. It's under the Dice thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3363855;
    She got the looks because Daddy paid for them

If you look at her, she may have enough of her mom in her but she’s got the Trump lips, of which there is no doubt since she does that pout as well. From what I see she’s had them worked on along with her nose, boobs and well the obvious dye job on her hair to me she just looks overly fake, her sister-in-law is much better looking to me. I just wish they would stop being such yes-men but they are his kids, no way around that I guess. I really want to see someone come off and call the Donald out for the Fool he can be.
    There are plenty of pictures existing of Ivanka throughout her childhood, and especially when she was 16 and started modeling. If she'd had the kind of extensive surgery you are suggesting, I think it would be pretty clear from those pictures.

Here's Ivanka at 16:

and here she is now:

I can see differences, of course, but they don't seem that horrible or unnatural. Bigger boobs, yes, and they are likely artificial. The nose? Perhaps, although if so its not a total rebuild, but just a minor tweak. The bridge of her nose seems narrower, although the general shape of it and the overall size seems pretty similar.

But nothing's been done that's that grossly major.

EDIT - Wait. Here's another recent picture which shows her face closer. This allows a better comparison to the shot of her at 16:

Last edited by Krom; 03-04-2009 at 06:43 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Krom, I never suggested she had Joan Rivers type of overhauls. She has had work done, and looks less "trump like" for it. Her boobs, are overly obvious. Her nose yes is 'tweeked' as you put it. As for her lips, she had more of the trump duck lips going on, and now they are just slightly fuller, they were always full, but they no longer pout as they used to.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3359340;
    I was impressed with Joan Rivers last night. She was calm and grounded the group on several occasions. I enjoyed her way back when she subbed for Johnny Carson. As the years rolled on she became a characature of herself and lost fans. When E! dropped her from their red carpet shows I thought that was the end, and it still may be. I have always liked Melissa when she wasn't being her mom's straight man. They may prove to be a very likeable duo on this venture.

Last season we saw that the level of fame had a huge amount to do with the win. Joan is the only woman who probably has some good connections or should have as far as large donations go. The bunny could snag Hef for a big drop later in the game, too. I am not sure about where the others are going to get the big checks.

The men are able to tap into sports figures who we know make insanely huge amounts of money. Unless they totally fall apart I don't see how they can lose. Last night was sobering for them and they will get their act together next week.
    Excellent points! I too was very impressed with Joan - she was an excellent PM and very classy in this episode. She handled the different personalities and conflicts very well, and managed to rise above the fray.

And good call on firing Andrew - that man in unmanageable.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3359031;
    Rodman was on Celebrity Mole, and he stuck around a lot longer than he deserved. I remember the school room challenge, and he knew absolutely nothing. I am starting to think he signs on to do these shows, and in his contract he sticks around without having to do much other than being there.
    Dennis Rodman won Celebrity Mole and walked away with $222,000.00....not sure if he kept the money or if it went to charity.

Regarding the "Donald's" kids Ivanka and Don Jr....I have great respect for them. They are not the spoiled rotten children of celebrities that we see donning the covers of the tabloids these days for their recent dui's or latest sex tapes. They have all graduated from the finest schools and seem to keep out of trouble. I seriously doubt that Ivanka has had surgery, she doesn't need it and in regards to her hair, good for her for keeping "salon" owners in business....LOL!!!

+ Reply to Thread