+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tionne Watkins - Season 2

Tionne Watkins - Season 2

Tionne Watkins is best known as T-Boz, the lead singer of the best-selling female group of all time, TLC, with over 18 million albums sold worldwide. In addition to her accomplishments as a musician, Watkins is also a successful actress, producer and a tireless fundraiser for many important charities. She has been named one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" twice and appeared as Josephine Baker in revered makeup artist Kevin Aucoin's book "Making Faces." As president of her own entertainment company, Shee Entertainment, Watkins was the executive producer of the hit film, "ATL." As an actress, she received rave reviews for her role in the film "Belly" and guest starred on the long-running sitcom "Living Single." She also had a small role in the feature film "House Part III."

Watkins authored the book "Thoughts" in 1999 and is currently working on her own children's clothing line. Watkins is the national spokesperson for the Sickle Cell Anemia Foundation. Her efforts on the group's behalf led her to be named by the Iris Captor-UCLA Women's Health Center as one of the top ten women in health education along with others, such as Katie Couric and Oprah Winfrey. Her charity work and incredible contribution to the entertainment industry have come to define Watkins as one of the most influential and important performers of her generation. Watkins will be playing for the charity, Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia.

Tionne's charity is the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia. PERSONAL CONNECTION: Tionne is a national spokeswoman for the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia. Screened as a child by the organization, Tionne was herself diagnosed with sickle cell anemia. She was not expected to live past her twenties. Tionne has survived, but must battle the disease every day of her life. The Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia's mission is to provide education, screening, and counseling to sickle cell patients such as Tionne.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Tionne Watkins - Season 2

Hah! I'd prefer "L" or maybe even "C"!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Well, L's definitely not going to be able to make it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Oh that's right. Car accident. I forgot.

Ha. I'd STILL have preferred her.

And doesn't "C" have virtually no career left?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Never heard of her and don't think I missed much. But good foundation she supports

FORT Fogey

Has she said one single word on the show since it aired. I cannot think of a single thing she has contributed, and did not even remember her being on the show until I was looking through this site at their charities.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3376023;
    Has she said one single word on the show since it aired. I cannot think of a single thing she has contributed, and did not even remember her being on the show until I was looking through this site at their charities.
    LOL. I've watched both episodes and I don't remember her either.

I'm wondering, considering the edgy image that TLC portrayed, if Trump and Co. expected this loud, rowdy, mouthy woman and instead got someone level headed and a competent contributor during tasks. Tionne got fired for one reason and one reason only...for being Tionne on the show and not T-Boz, this character that the powers that be thought they had a good grasp of from watching a few videos. If Donald knew even a little about TLC (he just made me want to slap him in the hair whenever he said he loved her music, like Donald sits around the penthouse listening to "Ain't too proud to beg") he would know that most of that image could be attributed to LeftEye and that Tionne was always the cooler portion of that CrazySexyCool image of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3408745;
    I'm wondering, considering the edgy image that TLC portrayed, if Trump and Co. expected this loud, rowdy, mouthy woman and instead got someone level headed and a competent contributor during tasks. Tionne got fired for one reason and one reason only...for being Tionne on the show and not T-Boz, this character that the powers that be thought they had a good grasp of from watching a few videos. If Donald knew even a little about TLC (he just made me want to slap him in the hair whenever he said he loved her music, like Donald sits around the penthouse listening to "Ain't too proud to beg") he would know that most of that image could be attributed to LeftEye and that Tionne was always the cooler portion of that CrazySexyCool image of the group.
    Agreed. She didn't bring enough 'drama' to the table. She was very level headed and observant. I listened to her a few times on Monday mornings on the Tom Joyner Morning Show and she had quite a bit to say. Very observant lady ...

+ Reply to Thread