+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scott Hamilton - Season 2

Scott Hamilton - Season 2

Scott Hamilton is one of the most recognized male figure skating stars in the world. Hamilton has won 70 titles, awards and honors including an Emmy Award nomination, induction into the United States Olympic Hall of Fame, and privileged member of the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame. He captured the attention of the world 25 years ago with his Olympic gold medal performances in Saravejo and since has shared his love and enthusiasm for the sport as a commentator, performer and bestselling author. Hamilton co-founded, produced and starred in "Stars on Ice" for 15 years.

He further inspires others as a speaker, philanthropist and cancer and brain tumor survivor. As an author, Hamilton received notable critical praise for his New York Times bestselling autobiography "Landing It" (Kensington Books, October 1999), an intimate, candid and insightful look at his professional and personal life on and off the ice. His new inspirational book "The Great Eight" was released by Thomas Nelson Publishing in January 2009. Hamilton will be playing for the charity, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation.

Scott's charity is the Cleveland Clinic Foundation

PERSONAL CONNECTION: A survivor of testicular cancer, Scott Hamilton is a crusader for cancer research. Over the past six years Scott has spearheaded efforts to raise $10 million for cancer research and education. Scott feels that the money he raises on The Celebrity Apprentice for The Cleveland Clinic Foundation will be going to one of the top cancer research hospitals in the country
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Scott Hamilton - Season 2

Scott's enough reason for me to watch!

Love him nice guy hope him the best!

Probably too nice for this show - I think he'll have trouble leading these guys. (I'll be happy to be wrong tho )

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

I was really happy how Scott held his own with some of those nut jobs. Not very surprised since this is the guy that ran Stars on Ice. Hey - anyone that can deal with figure skaters has to be able to deal with drama. To say nothing that some were Russian. hehe I can say that because I'm a HUGE skating fan and love the Russian skaters.

It is great to see him looking so healthy and having the energy to do this show.

Wish him all the best with this and hope he raises lots of money for Cleveland Clinic Foundation!

I just finished watching last night's episode and boy, I do not like Scott Hamilton. Prissy, judgemental and mean-spirited.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3376730;
    I just finished watching last night's episode and boy, I do not like Scott Hamilton. Prissy, judgemental and mean-spirited.
    I am so glad you said that! I used to be a HUGE Scott Hamilton fan....until this. So bitter with his loss and a bit egotistical. And childish. What true colors.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3376730;
    Wow. I didn't get this read at all! In fact, I got the opposite. I felt he was TOO nice to lay down the law for his team. He was trying to be nice but nice wasn't working. When he did start acting like a boss, it was too late and he lost control.

he was nice until he got petty and pissy.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Scott is a nice person. He can't be mean and ugly. So this is why he couldn't hang with some in that group.
    I do think he was frustrated. I didn't see anything bitter or egotistical. But you are right - his true colors were there and
    they are the same as always.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast