+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rivers - Season 2

Re: Melissa Rivers - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by lyzm;3425606;
    And I agree that she shouldn't have been fired, but her reaction was very immature. Be angry, but don't loose your dignity.

I am not going to argue whether she should have been fired but it is clear she doesn't think she should have. She threw a little baby fit. She should have taken a clue from T-Boz and Khloe. Neither one of them should have gone, especially Khloe. Trump didn't even fire her for performance, she was fired for a past action. She took it well. She didn't have a hissy fit or stomp around like a three year old needing a nap. She left with dignity. Melissa is older than her and should have learned this lesson by now. Then again, look at her mother's reaction, she threw the same baby fit. I guess it is hard for Melissa to learn that when Joan is her role model.

It seemed ridiculous to me that Melissa was fired after a this task with one of the main reasons being she hadn't raised enough money in previous tasks.
    That seems like a ridiculous "get out of jail free" card for Annie, who was front and centre for this task and Brande as PM who let her be.
    I still thought both Rivers' reactions were O.T.T. but the decision made little sense to me, even for a show where raising money is important.
    That wasn't the issue with this task, or the previous one.
    I assume Trump wants to make sure those more likely to raise funds are there for the final task which is usually charity related.
    Last edited by fluff; 04-27-2009 at 02:21 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I would guess #3 money earner would be Clint, which may also explain why he's still around.

I would have thought for sure Trump was keeping her around for the Drama she brings but I should know by now the he's all about the $$!

Well, I think Melissa got a raw deal in getting fired on a Project that was entirely constructed by Annie and Brande. They went down in flames and frankly Annie or Brande should have been the easy choice to be fired if failure was the measure. Ha! Now, having said that Melissa, who is likely on the show because her mother demanded it (my speculation) had an absolute hissy fit. I actually kind of enjoyed the color that her meltdown brought to the show. Hahaha! "Get my %&$#@!", "I am not going to do an interview" and on and on. Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3425726;
    It seemed ridiculous to me that Melissa was fired after a this task with one of the main reasons being she hadn't raised enough money in previous tasks.

Just like Khloe being fired for something not even related to the game. There is no rhyme or reason to what Trump is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3425618;
    Trump was obviously very put off by the fact that she interrupted him while he was speaking. It's obvious he tries to goad people. He did that with Jesse James last week and the good in bed comment. Jesse had the restraint and good sense not to take the bait.
    Not to mention that ME has (several times) told Trump and his associates that she "resents" things they've said.

Even if he or she is wrong, you DON'T talk to someone who is your boss that way. You find another, nicer more diplomatic way. That's a business lesson too.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf;3425772;
    Well, I think Melissa got a raw deal in getting fired on a Project that was entirely constructed by Annie and Brande.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3425779;
    Just like Khloe being fired for something not even related to the game. There is no rhyme or reason to what Trump is doing.
    But it was made clear by the Right Guard executives that this was a close loss. And in close contests, Trump has ALWAYS put extra weight on what happens in the Boardroom, plus past performances. So he's being consistent.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I believe she got exactly what she deserved, and went out in the most classless exit this season. (as did her mother)

Melissa got 4th highest in the show ... is that with or without her mother? Do they both get to claim the donations made by qvc? Maybe next season 2 other players can combine their contributions as well when no one else can.

I do not get the "Annie and Brande are snakes" sentiment. Every celebrity is there for themselves and their own charity, it's a game, and last season proved it IS about raising money and business. It's funny that in the Rivers' minds the previous celebrities that have been fired were supposed to go off without a fit, but these two felt entitled to F2 and were shocked that the other celebrities didn't fall in line. I don't get why everyone is so appalled that Annie and Brande would fight to stay. As far as setting her up to leave, she never had any problem in inserting herself in the job before, so why play the "pity me" card now? She's mental.

Also, I noticed she gets along pretty well on that boot. She's running and skipping out of Dodge.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

But Athena LOST and Annie said she pretty much did it ALL so she failed. She should have gotten the boot

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3425779;
    That's exactly the reaction I've had all season - most weeks I have not been able to figure out why he fired who he fired, but clearly the ability to raise money is huge to Trump.

+ Reply to Thread