+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rivers - Season 2

Re: Melissa Rivers - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3422853;
    i didn't realize until the recent publicity about the upcoming new season, that melissa was on 'i'm a celebrity, get me outta here'. i wonder how she fared in that reality show? did anyone watch?
    She came in second. She really gained my respect when she did that show. she was not at all the prima donna celebrity that so many on the show were.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3422877;
    She came in second. She really gained my respect when she did that show. she was not at all the prima donna celebrity that so many on the show were.
    how would you compare her performance in that show vs. her performance in this show?

thanks in advance...

She was a strong competitor just like she is now. What I liked was that she worked very hard, never whined, was never arrogant and seemed very self effacing.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

She was much more independent (because Mama wasn't there), and all I really remember was how much she was flirting with J-Lo's ex, Cris Judd.

I watched that as well, and I agree - she is better not around her mom. I think like most of us, their are some very positive aspects of their parent-child relationship, but also some unhealthy aspects. Neither one of them has even the slightest ability to tolerate a perceived slight or criticism of the other, which has been uncomfortable to watch. And I think Melissa's reaction to Brande and Annie suddenly becoming BFF's showed some basic insecurity. Still, I think both the Rivers ladies have alot of ability and intelligence and deserve to still be there. Since this show seems to be about raising the most money, it would seem neither one of them stands a chance to win.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3421152;
    Get her off my tv. She whines when her team is winning ... because they are yelling at mommy. "IT'S NOT PERSONAL, IT'S JUST BUSINESS." Except that this season, Trump has made it overtly obvious that he has favorites. ugh.
    Trump also doesn't see the fine line between personal and business. Look at who sits on his left side - always - Ivanka. Whose jewellery he was pimping (in the name of charity) - Ivanka. He will get mad too if anyone criticizes Ivanka. If all MBA grads had the amount of TV facetime as Ivanka did, courtesy of papa...

I can only think there must be some sort of redemption episode coming up where Melissa and Joan redeem themselves. That was just painful to watch. It's disturbing when people lay open such raw emotions. It makes everyone a little afraid of how far they will go. So, even if they salvage this, people will still always be wary in the future that something will set them off again.

I really, really like Melissa and Joan, but I was very disappointed in Melissa's reaction. I agree that Brande and Annie are snakes, but it's no surprise that the players turn against each other. And DT likes to stir the pot in the board room. I think that if Melissa had just kept her mouth shut that she wouldn't have been fired. The minute she started raising her arms to speak I knew she was going to get herself into trouble. And I agree that she shouldn't have been fired, but her reaction was very immature. Be angry, but don't loose your dignity. She acted out in a way that made Annie and Brande look like they were right about her. I hate that she gave them that.

FORT Fogey

Trump was obviously very put off by the fact that she interrupted him while he was speaking. It's obvious he tries to goad people. He did that with Jesse James last week and the good in bed comment. Jesse had the restraint and good sense not to take the bait.

Well I for one was sad to see Melissa leave last night and could appreciate how hard she worked and the uncomfortable position she was in with Brande & Annie. The early spoiler that her mother indicated she was in the final two has now been proven wrong. I did feel that Brande should have been the one booted for letting Annie pull the wool over her eyes (even Trump's man thought Annie was positioning herself not to be booted and he was definetly right) afterall it was Annie's "idea" and her "presentation" they lost because of. In Trump's eyes though Annie being the number one money earner with Brande being number two saved them both, all praise the mighty dollar!!!!! Melissa said she was number four earner. That leaves number three earner unidentified, anyone know who that is?
    If Piers won for being number one earner then Annie is trying to follow suit. Can anyone creep in and steal it away from her?

+ Reply to Thread