+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rivers - Season 2

Re: Melissa Rivers - Season 2

If Joan truly thought that Melissa was as smart/strong/business-savvy as she claims, then she'd let her fight her own battles but that has definitely not been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3412243;
    Shrew. Melissa is a shrew. A whiny, self-pitying shrew. Nobody patted her on the back for her jewellery choices? Boo freakin' hoo.
    Melissa was right on and I like her. Her jewellry choices were much better than the other team and it will be interesting to see which team wins this challenge, I can't imagine the other team beating them!!!! I also thought it was great that while Brandy was supposed to do the fashion,all she was concerned about was herself and what she would wear so Melissa stepped in and helped the other models with their clothes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3412851;
    Melissa was right on and I like her. Her jewellry choices were much better than the other team and it will be interesting to see which team wins this challenge, I can't imagine the other team beating them!!!! I also thought it was great that while Brandy was supposed to do the fashion,all she was concerned about was herself and what she would wear so Melissa stepped in and helped the other models with their clothes!!!!
    Melissa could have been the rightest person in the history of right people but that still doesn't make being a whiny self-pitying shrew acceptable. If she had any character, she would just suck it up and move on with the task. And her taste in jewellery is debatable - I personally find that giant chunky crap the shrew and her mother like to be tacky and cheap looking.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by PELaura;3393667;
    I can't figure out who is uglier. Melissa or her mother. They both make me nauseous.
    Melissa gets the genes from her Mother:-) Let's face it, without her mother constantly boosting her self-esteem and ego, she is a nobody. I wonder how she was considered a "celebrity" for this show. Maybe Joan talked Donald into giving her daughter some air-time. But then, there was also another non-celebrity named Omarosa on the previous version of this show.

I haven't felt anything about Melissa up till what happened to her with Annie and Brande. She had till that point just sort of been there as an appendage of her mother. I didn't like her nor did I hate her. However, now after seeing the way Annie and Brande were acting (especially Annie)? I'm firmly in her camp. That was ridiculous and while some saw her confessionals as whiny and shrewish? I saw it as painful, she was hurt and alienated and I don't blame her at all for being angry. I also think that she was asked leading questions and that Trump was very much aware of what was going on when he insisted that first Annie and then Joan become the PM's. He wanted to pit them against each other for drama purposes. I'm so over him.

I don't feel Annie and Brande did anything to Melissa. There certainly wasn't any "mean girl" comments. MElissa is just not used to not being fawned over for doing what she's supposed to do. Annie sent MElissa with Brande to pick out clothes, she didn't team up with Brande herself. Granted, it showed Brande picking out dresses for herself, and poor MElissa had to help the models pick out their dresses ... whatever. Do your own job, bring out Brande not picking out the models' dresses in the boardroom if you need it, get over yourself and live your life.

Oh, and chunky jewelry?? I hate gaudy. I liked what Natalie picked out better, and if you're filling the seats with people who are going to spend $25K on jewelry then let it be classy instead of trashy-large. Just my opinion.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

"Sarcastic" vs. "shrew".

Kate from Jon and Kate is a shrew. Melissa is sarcastic. I actually like Melissa. She's the one I could see hanging out with after hours the most.

Also, I really respect the mom-daughter thing. They only have each other in life and the closeness is understandable and admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3414160;
    Also, I really respect the mom-daughter thing. They only have each other in life and the closeness is understandable and admirable.
    They only have each other because they are equally appalling and no one witih any sense will have anything to do with them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3412882;
    And her taste in jewellery is debatable - I personally find that giant chunky crap the shrew and her mother like to be tacky and cheap looking.
    I believe Melissa said that her taste is more along the lines of what the golfer chick picked out. She picked the bigger, more gaudy items because they show up better on the runway and that is the current style popular now.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3414373;
    I believe Melissa said that her taste is more along the lines of what the golfer chick picked out. She picked the bigger, more gaudy items because they show up better on the runway and that is the current style popular now.
    She did say that. Said that personally she preferred what Natalie had picked out but she was thinking about what would look better on the runway and that when people are bidding? They are going after something with a WOW factor. I happen to agree with her. I can't see the bidders getting excited over small pieces they can barely see from the floor.

Melissa is a polarizing figure. If you don't like her? Then she can never do anything right. Never. But if you like her? Then it's easy to forgive certain personality flaws.

I've been on the fence about her so I can see where she needs to let her mother go and forge her own identity but I can also see why she would feel so upset over what happened with Annie. It looked like in the last show she and Annie were tight against Brande and then suddenly? POOF! Brande and Annie were best buds and Melissa was pushed out. We don't see what was edited out, I think there is a reason why Melissa and Joan are both so livid at Annie.

+ Reply to Thread