+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Melissa Rivers - Season 2

Re: Melissa Rivers - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3394803;
    I don't buy that she took undue credit. Maybe she took too much, but she doesn't strike me as the kind of person to be stupid or shallow or desperate enough to do flat out lie.
    Saying she produced 15 years of Red Carpet specials wasn't a lie?

For the record, she had some kind of token Producer credit for ONE year of specials, right before E! canned the Rivers.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3394803;
    I don't buy that she took undue credit. Maybe she took too much, but she doesn't strike me as the kind of person to be stupid or shallow or desperate enough to do flat out lie. And, I tend to cut well-intentioned people slack when they make mistakes.

Sidebar: The red-headed card player is a good example. She was a shrew in the 1st and 2nd episodes but she redeemded herself in the wedding dress competition because she was honest and direct and she's in this thing for all the right reasons. Wasn't a fan, but now I am.

I understand that some of Melissa's teammates didn't think it was her idea, but I also think we missed alot in the editing. In fact, I tend to think the others didn't give her enough credit where credit was due and she said what she did to hold her own in this thing.

We'll never know the full story, but until we do, I'm not budging from my belief on this. I think Melissa and Joan are neither rude nor disgusting. Loud and overbearing, yes, but rude and disgusting, no.

Good we can agree to disagree on these boards....the back and forth allowed on FORT is one reason I stay here.
    I agree. It has happened to me. I have thrown out an idea and in the process of getting excited and fleshing it out, it was forgotten that I was the original creator. It is a frustrating place to be!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3396181;
    Saying she produced 15 years of Red Carpet specials wasn't a lie?

For the record, she had some kind of token Producer credit for ONE year of specials, right before E! canned the Rivers.
    There is so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes of tv shows, movies, musicals, etc. that none of us outsiders knows the truth. Until E! or someone else in the know says something, I have no reason not to believe her. None.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3396863;
    There is so much stuff that goes on behind the scenes of tv shows, movies, musicals, etc. that none of us outsiders knows the truth. Until E! or someone else in the know says something, I have no reason not to believe her. None.
    IA, but didn't she say that if her teamed "failed" so to speak that she would take the fall for it since she was the "manger" last night? I guess that didn't stick did it look who got fired, now while I didn't watch the entire show because I was watching a awards show, I didn't see what happened. I loved it when she was asked is she' thought she's annoying. She didn't like that too much.

Who cares if you're upset that someone's critisizing your mom on the opposing team??? No one else had that advantage, and I was so hoping she meant what she said about the pm being responsible. Evidently, she didn't because she sat there and saw the direction Trump was going and didnt hop in and rescue the only person who was willing to stand beside her. (No one saw that coming, Big D, no matter how much you and your spawn declare otherwise)

Cannot believe that he didn't take the opportunity to get rid of at least one Rivers ... because he was gunning for Khloe. What he did was ridiculous. She had that trouble (and is accepting and paying the consequences, from what I see on the show) before this show even began, so for her to be fired over it is nothing but hogwash.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Regular

Melissa and her mother are both so plastic and freakin' ugly, I almost gag whenever they're on the screen. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if I met them in real life. I'd probably vomit on the spot. They both now rank right up there with other famous over-tucked 'celebs' like Michael Jackson and Melanie Griffith.

Don't these people ever know when to say 'enough' with the stupid plastic surgery? Isn't there anyone in their lives who has the guts to tell them they look hideous?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3405008;
    Who cares if you're upset that someone's critisizing your mom on the opposing team??? No one else had that advantage, and I was so hoping she meant what she said about the pm being responsible. Evidently, she didn't because she sat there and saw the direction Trump was going and didnt hop in and rescue the only person who was willing to stand beside her. (No one saw that coming, Big D, no matter how much you and your spawn declare otherwise)

Cannot believe that he didn't take the opportunity to get rid of at least one Rivers ... because he was gunning for Khloe. What he did was ridiculous. She had that trouble (and is accepting and paying the consequences, from what I see on the show) before this show even began, so for her to be fired over it is nothing but hogwash.

ITA, I think there ARE be things that happen behind the scenes we don't see ,Joan is a good friend of Donalds; but I hope one of the Rivers goes next week she ans Melissa shouldn't be "favored" just because Joan is friends with Donald.

Shrew. Melissa is a shrew. A whiny, self-pitying shrew. Nobody patted her on the back for her jewellery choices? Boo freakin' hoo.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I have named her ME-lissa

cause its all about me me me

I found it interesting that Trump defined Melissa as bratty. Can't wait to see him answer to Joan for that one on the finale.

No one fawning over you, MElissa?? They must be stabbing you in the back, because this show is all about you, you, you.

Enough already. Get off my tv.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread