+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Joan Rivers - Season 2

Joan Rivers is a force of nature, and one of the hardest working celebrities in the world. Comedienne, Tony-nominated actress, bestselling author, Emmy Award-winning television talk show host, playwright, screenwriter, motion picture director, columnist, lecturer, syndicated radio host, jewelry designer and cosmetic company entrepreneur, red carpet fashion laureate, businesswoman and, most importantly to her, mother and grandmother.

Rivers' career skyrocketed in 1968 when she appeared on "The Tonight Show" starring Johnny Carson. Within three years she was hosting "That Show with Joan Rivers," one of the first syndicated daytime shows, and went on to become the first sole guest host of "The Tonight Show." Her own "The Late Show Starring Joan Rivers" helped launch the Fox Network in 1986. In 1989, she returned to daytime television with "The Joan Rivers Show," winning an Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Host the following year, and her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

In 1990, she launched the Joan Rivers Classics Collection of fashion jewelry on QVC. Along with her daughter Melissa, she hosted E!'s red carpet events from 1996-2004. From 2004-2007 they continued their "must-see" red carpet coverage for the TV Guide Channel, garnering the highest ratings ever for the channel. Rivers will be playing for the charity, God's Love We Deliver.

Joan's charity is God's Love We Deliver (GLWD)

PERSONAL CONNECTION: Joan has long been an avid supporter of GLWD, having been a board member and fundraiser for nearly 15 years. The charity's mission is to prepare and deliver nutritious meals to men, women and children afflicted with HIV/AIDS, cancer, Alzheimer's Disease, and other serious illnesses. The 22-year-old organization also provides nutritional counseling to the gravely ill and those who care for them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Joan Rivers - Season 2

"Oh ooh ooooh! I'll only come on this if you drag my baggage, er... I mean my daughter along too."

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I have always been a Joan Rivers fan. She has the sharpest sense of humor I think I've ever seen. I know she's over the top for some, but for me, she is under recognized and undervalued as a comedian. And, she is strong and resilient. IMO, the whole jewelry line was a way for her to earn an income when she was no longer involved in the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and then the death of her husband.

She is one tough nut.

She and Gary Shandling lost out in the late-night talk-show wars. I'd have taken either one over Leno any day.

I'm going to watch the show but mostly to see how Joan does. I hope she doesn't disappoint.

I hope she does do well but she needs to ditch Melissa. Melissa is too bosy

FORT Fogey

It's been confirmed. Joan is my Fav to be sure. From the male camp, I'm actually liking Dennis Rodman.

Joan Rivers is a dispicable, arrogant, woman. Ppffffttttt!

I've never liked her on TV before, found her highly annoying and abrasive but she was sort of awesome in this episode. As has been said, if she could just figure out a way to silence her daughter. I think Melissa is going to end up hurting her in the end.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3362546;
    Joan Rivers is a dispicable, arrogant, woman. Ppffffttttt!
    How is it that you know this? Or is it merely opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3363216;
    I've never liked her on TV before, found her highly annoying and abrasive but she was sort of awesome in this episode.
    I wasn't sure I would be able to watch, as I have low tolerance for Joan from the red carpet shows she did. However, her concilliatory manner really impressed me. Plus who else on the show would ever get to call Donald "dear" or "darling."

I've always enjoyed her. I wish they'd bring her back to all the red carpet ceremonies. She was a lot more fun than those who've replaced her since.
    On the CA, she came across as very nice and caring. She even gave credit to Brande. I liked that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast