+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan Rivers - Season 2

FORT Fan

Re: Joan Rivers - Season 2

I just did a search online and found an article from late last year which mentioned a Joan Rivers' appearance on a talk show where she accidentally let slip the name of one of the 2 finalists. I am shocked to pieces by that, because this is not someone highly rated by...hardly anyone really. Ugh, don't know what to think now. It could be bogus, of course. Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by "nervousing";338568 View Post
    I just did a search online and found an article from late last year which mentioned a Joan Rivers' appearance on a talk show where she accidentally let slip the name of one of the 2 finalists. I am shocked to pieces by that, because this is not someone highly rated by...hardly anyone really. Ugh, don't know what to think now. It could be bogus, of course. Hope so.
    Thanks for the info; I found the article.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It doesn't surprise me. Another poster and I discussed that person's competitiveness under Brande Roderick's thread.

FORT Fan

A link

Didn't know where to post this, but it is a good resource for more info on the shows. It reprints blog entries of cast members and other news related to the show. it also previews upcoming episodes. I didn't see any spoilers there.

Celebrity Apprentice 2
    Last edited by "nervousing"; 03-19-2009 at 01:02 PM.

I give Joan Rivers a lot of credit. She came along at a time that was not exactly embracing to female comedians. She's more than pad her dues through the years.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

Ditto.

I do respect Joan's tenacity. She is a formidable woman. Like most viewers, there were some cringeworthy moments during her "red carpet" days, but I do like her for the most part, and have seen nothing on this show that would make ne feel negatively towards her.

and Joan will back Melissa always so her opinion does not count

I actually much prferred when Joan did the red carpet, rather than the current people who just kiss up to the celebs. Lisa Rinna and Joey Fatone are pretty annoying, as are most of the E red carpet people. Joan made it funny, at least.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3391527;
    I actually much prferred when Joan did the red carpet, rather than the current people who just kiss up to the celebs. Lisa Rinna and Joey Fatone are pretty annoying, as are most of the E red carpet people. Joan made it funny, at least.
    I loved Joan on the red carpet as well, even toward the end of her reign when she didn't have a clue as to which celebrity she was speaking.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 03-25-2009 at 05:39 AM.

FORT Fogey

I have never liked Josn--until this show. Sjhe really ahs a lot of knowledge and experience and she puts it all to the task at hand.

Very impressive.

I even liked her--I can't believe I'm saying this--when I stumbled across her appearance this morning on Martha Stewart's show. Which I never watch--but Joan was entertaining and had a lot of off the cuff humorous remarks about the cooking/baking they were doing and about "combining Easter and Passover."

Another imrpessive Joan performance.

I feel I have been underrating her until now.

My bad.

FORT Fogey

I am a huge Joan fan, but she didn't respond well to Clint. Every relationship is always a two-way street. Nothing is ever one-sided, and since I adore Joan, I am a bit disappointed that she didn't rise above it all. I give her bra-burning points for speaking up and for encouraging the two younger girls to do the same. However, as a comic, she should know that it's all in the delivery. Her delivery was very, very poor and counterproductive if winning was truely the goal.

Having said all this, I think I love her more than I did for having marched with Gloria Steinem and refusing to take a back seat as a woman.

Yep. I adore her (Melissa too).

+ Reply to Thread