+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Re: Joan Rivers - Season 2

I thought she would be the reason I would lease enjoy CA, but she was great! At least she got a very good edit.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3362546;
    Joan Rivers is a dispicable, arrogant, woman. Ppffffttttt!
    Her stchick has been pretty grim in her latter years but those who know her speak highly of her kindness, generosity and honest nature.

FORT Newbie

she and Melissa have had so much plastic surgery I'm surprised they don't melt when they go oustside on a sunny, hot day. Hope they both are gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3351794;
    I have always been a Joan Rivers fan. She has the sharpest sense of humor I think I've ever seen. I know she's over the top for some, but for me, she is under recognized and undervalued as a comedian. And, she is strong and resilient. IMO, the whole jewelry line was a way for her to earn an income when she was no longer involved in the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and then the death of her husband.

She is one tough nut.

She and Gary Shandling lost out in the late-night talk-show wars. I'd have taken either one over Leno any day.

I'm going to watch the show but mostly to see how Joan does. I hope she doesn't disappoint.
    I wouldn't say I've always been a fan, but she does have an amazingly sharp wit. Obviously she's one tough, smart cookie to have survived this long. Melissa is part of the baggage, but I think she has alot of her mom in her as well and I don't underestimate her. Mama Joan did an excellent job as PM - no doubt her age did help a bit, but I will be curious to see if any of the other women are able to lead the team effectively.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3364436;
    ...On the CA, she came across as very nice and caring. She even gave credit to Brande. I liked that.
    joan is another one i have never liked, but she was tolerable in this show. and i like her charity ... very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3362546;
    Joan Rivers is a dispicable, arrogant, woman. Ppffffttttt!
    I've never gotten that impression of her.

The worst I can say about Joan is that she can't seem to get rid of her baggage (aka "Melissa").

Okay, I'll admit it. I HATED her "Red Carpet" years. But she was such a good comedian for so many years before that, I've just always attributed it to said baggage needling Joan into that crappy job.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

they do seem to be joined at the hip, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3374676;
    they do seem to be joined at the hip, don't they?
    I imagine they developed a very strong bond following Joan's husband's / Melissa's father's suicide.

I've always enjoyed Joan's sharp wit (though some Red Carpets were rather cringe-worthy) -- loved her during the Carson days; my parents let me stay up late to watch whenever she was on -- and hope she goes far in this competition.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I have always liked her because I like people that can laugh at themselves and their counterparts. She lives a Hollywood life, but she is the first to point out the bad parts of it. I think Melissa is annoying as well, but it is her daughter and I applaud her for being a mother who goes to such lengths for her child. I also do think they play off of each other well.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Over the years, I've never loved or hated Joan. Sometimes I've found her funny, sometimes not. But I'm really enjoying her in this show. She's sharp but knows how to work with people.

+ Reply to Thread