+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Re: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Joan has a title thats about all Annie's Charity is the one that walked away with a boat load of money!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3445560;
    Good for you, Joan. I'm glad you sent Annie back to the ninth level of hell.
    Oh Star! You're a Joan fan? I warned you about looking directly into her eyes.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3445592;
    Oh Star! You're a Joan fan? I warned you about looking directly into her eyes.

Sorry Uncle David. Not so much a Joan fan as an Annie hater. I found that I liked Joan more after the show than I had before, though.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3444319;
    Oh come on, Annie said she wanted Joan to "die" and that she was going to "crush" her. They both went over the line but Annie went further saying she wished Joan dead. Joan deserved the win. Both winner & runner up last year said they chose Joan and Trump followed suit. She won 3 of the 5 criteria with one of them being best representation of the Kodak brand and they were the ones paying the winning money. Trump was smart, Annie won $400 k for her charity and by declaring Joan the winner she came up with about the same money for her charity!!!! That way both charities win!!!! Spread the money around.....

MY post does not deal with the money aspect as it is irrelevent to the conversation- that is Joan RIvers comments.
    To wish someone dead is a pretty common emotional response, whether you are a 16 year old mad at your parents or an adult mad at someone during an argument. hell, when the yankees beat the Red Sox I used to wish the whole team dead. Did I actually mean it? No. Does a 16 year old mean it? No.
    Joan made no mistake that she meant every word of what she said-and she reiterated it to Piers and to Larry King. IN facgt she happily expounded upon it. Had Joan chosen some other insult i doubt anyone would be upset, but she HAPPILY, GLEEFULLY compared Annie to Hitler (and whether or not Annie deserves to be attacked, is again irrelevnt to how Joan Rivers chose to deal with her frustrations). Now, call me crazy, but the idea that anyone could be so absolultey callous and unaware (or just not care) about the impact of the nazi regime on millions of people, that someone could use Hitlers name and other references to that terrible regime, gleefully annnouncing she meant every word of it...tells me not only does she lack class, she lacks empathy and the ability to understand there are certain lines not to be crossed.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3445609;
    Sorry Uncle David. Not so much a Joan fan as an Annie hater. I found that I liked Joan more after the show than I had before, though.
    As usual, we think alike. And, I don't really care what anyone thinks of me--I also thought Annie was trying to be the supreme ruler of every challenge, whether she was the project manager or no. Anyone else's feelings, ideas, agenda, or projects be damned... she wants to be a dictator, hass ahuge ego, has little to no compassion for anyone else that I see. I have very often heard people like this called "Hitler". I don't think it implies that anyone is ignorant of who Hitler was or what the Holocaust was. I think it means the speaker really detests the person and their actions, that's all. No, it's not PC, but neither am I. I did not bat an eyelash when those comments were made. But I'm not unfair; I absolutely loathed Annie, but didn't really think it was so horrible when she said she wished Joan would die; it was the look on her face and the tone of vioce when she said she would crush Joan that made me want to slap her silly.
    Anyway--I'm glad Joan won, and I'm afraid I will look forward to this train wreck of aa show again next year. "Celebrity apprentice" isthe only celebrity version of a reality show I can stand to watch, as the humor/trash factor is only slitghtly less than VH1's reality shows.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3444437;
    Why am I not surprised. I really do think she is so going to be sorry she acted so petty and boorish. Joan may find her stint on this show is going to cost her in the wallet. I would so love to see it happen.Joan star will hopely drop as fast or faster than her face will slide off.
    Joan isn't even a star anymore!! The last thing she did was embarass herself & Melissa on the red carpet shows! That's why she couldn't get any celebs because she couldn't remember any of them!!
    I hate Joan!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Congratulations Joan!

I didn't like Annie. But I must admit she makes for a fabulous team of one.

Joan wouldnt know Class, if it smacked her right in her first facelift.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3446534;
    Joan isn't even a star anymore!! The last thing she did was embarass herself & Melissa on the red carpet shows! That's why she couldn't get any celebs because she couldn't remember any of them!!
    I hate Joan!
    I was so upset that Joan won...she has no class at all. I wish she had kept her mouth shut! No one could get a word in and Donald did nothing about it, he just kissed her 'you-know-what'...disgusting tripe, if you ask me!

I am glad Joan won this. For me, having not watched any of the season, except the finale...it came down to what the two said at the end. Joan kept saying things like, my charity, this is great for the charity and will help so many people, while Annie, on the other hand, kept saying things like, I can't believe all this people showed up for ME...me me me. Am so glad all this money goes to charity, that's the most important part.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

+ Reply to Thread