+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Re: Joan Rivers - Season 2

The fact that Joan is supposedly has all these friends yet the only ones she came up with are Impersonators of celebrities. Joan is supposed to be so well liked in Hollywood and she couldn't come up with enough money to beat what she calls a " white Trash Poker Player" tells me just like her face Joan is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

The fact that there is a Trump(Blaine) on the Board of her charity is like The Donald giving the money back to himself.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

sorry folks...but wasn't it melissa that was on the show? how did joan get on it too?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3441292;
    If what she said was intended to be an insult equating the two, perhaps that would be true. But she was negating Trump's argument, not namecalling.

No. that's not what happened. Joan called Annie Hitler and when Piers gave her a chance to backpeddle, Joan said that no, Annie wasn't Hilter because she didn't have a mustache..I should have called her Eva Braun. She also made comments about Buchwald that were unnacceptable. There's more. But another poster did a much better job of framing the issue than I ever could, in terms of exactly what was saiid.
    We can muddy the waters of this by dragging in Annie Duke's behavior, everyone elses behavior, - but their behavior isn't at issue, we are used to celebrity antics, afterall. Their behavior pales in comparison to what Joan said and how she said it- No amount of minimizing it or justifying it will change the fact Joan Rivers crossed the line from crazy celebrity behavior to a type of behavior that is appalling and inexcusable to many viewers, because of the subject matter she chose to use as her method of degradation and attack.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I have no idea how Joan felt justified in vilifying Annie to the extent that she did. I just consider that Joan was outclassed and outplayed. In any other season Joan would have been long gone and Annie would have reigned victorious. Joan did, however incidentally, get rid of the decorators for Annie as well as for herself, a fact about which Annie and her team had no idea until they got into the office of that company. Trump would have NEVER tolerated the stomping out and quitting from anyone else. And, by the way, when did old age become one of the criteria for winning this game?

Now, Joan was really, really good, but she didn't need to be handed anything for free, and I don't think she deserved to win this game on her merit and productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3444144;
    No. that's not what happened. Joan called Annie Hitler and when Piers gave her a chance to backpeddle, Joan said that no, Annie wasn't Hilter because she didn't have a mustache..I should have called her Eva Braun. Joan Rivers crossed the line from crazy celebrity behavior to a type of behavior that is appalling and inexcusable to many viewers, because of the subject matter she chose to use as her method of degradation and attack.
    Oh come on, Annie said she wanted Joan to "die" and that she was going to "crush" her. They both went over the line but Annie went further saying she wished Joan dead. Joan deserved the win. Both winner & runner up last year said they chose Joan and Trump followed suit. She won 3 of the 5 criteria with one of them being best representation of the Kodak brand and they were the ones paying the winning money. Trump was smart, Annie won $400 k for her charity and by declaring Joan the winner she came up with about the same money for her charity!!!! That way both charities win!!!! Spread the money around.....

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3444319;
    Oh come on, Annie said she wanted Joan to "die" and that she was going to "crush" her. They both went over the line but Annie went further saying she wished Joan dead.
    Did she literally mean she wanted her dead, or was that one of the many euphemisms people use when speaking of taking down their opponent? I frequently hear people say that they're going to "kill" someone, but somehow I understand that the person they are intent upon killing won't actually end up dead.
    Joan deserved the win. Both winner & runner up last year said they chose Joan and Trump followed suit.
    Piers quite clearly stated that he knew whom Trump had picked, not whom he would pick. My belief is that he phrased it that way because he disagreed and for reasons unknown chose not to disagree with Trump.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Pardon the double posting, but I was just flipping channels and landed on some entertainment mag program or another, and there was the endlessly charming Ms. Rivers. She does not regret they way to spoke to Annie and claims the only difference between Annie and Hitler is that Hitler didn't have PMS. Also, she apologized to the trash community for linking Annie with them. What a deeeeelightful woman .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3444434;
    Pardon the double posting, but I was just flipping channels and landed on some entertainment mag program or another, and there was the endlessly charming Ms. Rivers. She does not regret they way to spoke to Annie and claims the only difference between Annie and Hitler is that Hitler didn't have PMS. Also, she apologized to the trash community for linking Annie with them. What a deeeeelightful woman .
    Why am I not surprised. I really do think she is so going to be sorry she acted so petty and boorish. Joan may find her stint on this show is going to cost her in the wallet. I would so love to see it happen.Joan star will hopely drop as fast or faster than her face will slide off.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 05-11-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Joan rivers on Larry King still telling her lies!
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Good for you, Joan. I'm glad you sent Annie back to the ninth level of hell.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread