+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Re: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3436076;
    I dont recall Brandi or Annie ever talking about Melissa on camera, and if it was off camera, Id be hesitant to believe that coming from Joan. In fact, they told her they were NOT going against her. Melissa continued her paranoia about how the two were ganging up on her. I think Melissa's own negativity and the fact she had herself convinced Brandi and Annie were going to go against her, finally did her in on this show. She in turn then was negative and became very unwilling to work as a team. That was her downfall, IMO.
    Not to mention that every one of Melissa's ideas were sooooo stupid.

What else were Annie and Brande to do but work together? Tell Melissa "Your ideas suck!"? I think Annie and Brande were quite cordial, in this regard, because they didn't say that to her. Should they have been truthful to Melissa? Should they have told her her ideas were stupid? Would that have made a difference?

FORT Newbie

I HATE Joan Rivers for what she said about Annie in reference to Hitler and Buchenwald. To see what the Jews went through in all those concentration camps is nothing to joke or compare to anyone about. Hitler killed six million Jews. For Trump to allow Joan to stay on the show after that happened is inexusable. I am suprised people haven't been flooding NBC with complaints. They have bleeped a lot of words this season, why wouldn't they bleep those comments??? I think that was in very poor taste. The fact that Melissa didn't jump in and stop her mother when all that happened is inexusable also. Joan Rivers made another comment about her family experiencing the Holocaust and she was so nonchalant when she made the accusations. To me, it was like she was spitting in her family's face with those comments.

I can't believe that Trump would fire Chloe because of a DUI and not fire Joan after making those comments that are clearly offensive to an entire group of people whose family members suffered through something as devastating as the Holocaust. Trump should be ashamed of himself.

I would love to see Annie win the show, but I don't think it will happen. Trump and Joan have too many friends that they share and a contract was probably struck with them to make sure Joan won. Maybe they are trying to get her career going again, who knows! Joan can always star as the Joker if they ever make another Batman movie. Her plastic surgeon has already taken care of her mouth!

IMO, Annie is playing a game and is also trying to win money for her charity. She is a good player when it comes to games and I don't see her as a two-faced person because she is good at playing the game. It is strategy.

Melissa needs to grow up and quit being a little momma's girl. I got sick of her griping to the point where I cheered when she was fired. I was so happy to not have to listen to her anymore. If I were Joan or Melissa, I would be embarrassed to see them on national tv acting the way they did.

Quote Originally Posted by cwprincss;3438240;
    Joan Rivers made another comment about her family experiencing the Holocaust and she was so nonchalant when she made the accusations. To me, it was like she was spitting in her family's face with those comments. I can't believe that Trump would fire Chloe because of a DUI and not fire Joan after making those comments that are clearly offensive to an entire group of people whose family members suffered through something as devastating as the Holocaust. Trump should be ashamed of himself.
    Honestly, I am pretty shocked and grieved over the whole thing too. What Joan did was diminish a horrific event that blighted the world. Upsetting the Rivers Chicks = A Holocast that killed 10 millions people, 6 million of them Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by cwprincss;3438240;
    I would love to see Annie win the show, but I don't think it will happen. Trump and Joan have too many friends that they share and a contract was probably struck with them to make sure Joan won. Maybe they are trying to get her career going again, who knows!
    Since the Donald has seemingly orchestrated a number of highly publicized fights with celebrities I really wonder about this feud between Annie Duke and Joan Rivers. Seems pretty convenient for everyone!

I agree, the fix is in. Joan is probably going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3436068;
    Joan said it was mostly off camera, and that when the camera started rolling she changed.. I believe her as she's a lot more credible than Annie IMO

that whole Hitler thing got blown out of proportion too - Trump was talking about how Annie seemed to be nice on the surface that's when Joan made the comment that so was Hitler... to me that didn't mean she was comparing Annie to Hitler, just that appearances could be deceiving.

Brandi and Annie did leave Melissa out and set her up to get fired that was very obvious to me, they weren't working as a team to win, they were acting more like children ignoring somebody, whereas Joan was able to overlook her differences with Clint and worked for the betterment of the team, truly the bigger person in all of this and definitley more professional.
    Well put.

Joan is Jewish. She would not diminish the plight of the Jews; not her style.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Sad to say, but some of the worst Jew haters are Jewish themselves. And she kept using another term associated with anti-semitism...cabal. Disgusting.

I agree that nobody is being portrayed in the best light on this show, but the whole Hitler diatribe was definitely taken out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3440331;

Joan is Jewish. She would not diminish the plight of the Jews; not her style.
    Annie is also Jewish, although I suspect Joan is not aware enough of others to have discovered it. Most Americans of Jewish descent lost at least some family in the holocaust or fighting it. As one of them, I was appalled at what Joan said.

As much as I dislike Trump, I believe he actually was referring to what she said with his, "So was Hitler," remark. Still, I think he's as unethical as they come and I would not be surprised if he lets Joan win. That will confirm my choice not to watch another season of this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Joan never called Annie Hitler. After Trump's remarks about Annie being perhaps 2 faced and saying that Annie can be nice, she then said, so was Hitler. People keep taking it out of context.
    I think this remark has really been blown out of proportion and I think it's very unfair how it was then said that Joan called her Hitler. She never said that about Annie.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3440460;
    Annie is also Jewish, although I suspect Joan is not aware enough of others to have discovered it. Most Americans of Jewish descent lost at least some family in the holocaust or fighting it. As one of them, I was appalled at what Joan said.

As much as I dislike Trump, I believe he actually was referring to what she said with his, "So was Hitler," remark. Still, I think he's as unethical as they come and I would not be surprised if he lets Joan win. That will confirm my choice not to watch another season of this.
    I'm with ya there. If Joan Rivers wins this thing, I'm done with this srappy show.

I'll not watch another season either, if Joan wins. And whether her mention of Hitler is taken out of context or not, she should have known better to EVER mention that name like she did. It still sounded directed at Annie, in my opinion.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread