+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Jesse James - Season 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Jesse James - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3431281;
    Sandra Bullock is VERY impressive. She has gone to great academic schools, is a trained singer, and entrepreneur (real estate). Toss in the good looks (great looks, actually), great body, and good sense of humor, and she really does have it all.

The fact that she married someone completely different than the Hollywood stereotype also tells us she is probably more down to earth than most of her peers.

Both Jesse and Sandra seem like plain old great people.
    I agree. If I remember correctly she met Jesse when she arranged a meeting with him for her nephew, a huge fan.

Another down to earth star is Julia Roberts, she married a camera man. One of her residences is near Taos where my son and DIL live. They run into her occasionally.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-02-2009 at 04:15 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3432121;
    I agree. If I remember correctly she met Jesse when she arranged a meeting with him for her nephew, a huge fan.

Another down to earth star is Julia Roberts, she married a camera man. One of her residences is near Taos where my son and DIL live. They run into her occasionally.
    I have NEVER been a Juila Roberts fan...not sure why, because I actually like quite a few of her movies.

But, I'm glad to hear she's not a raving hollywood lunatic.

I guess Jesse didn't see the need to come back and participate in the finale since he wasn't F2, but he would have been a primo choice in my opinion. Wish we were gonna see more of him.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Ugh... Jesse never raised any money for anyone's charity

I thought he might come through in the finale..but no

he seems very smug and self satisfied. His "blue collar" shtick is also boring. He has a tv show and is
    married to Sandra Bullock...hardly just one of the guys at the local garage

I wonder if Jesse understood how Celebrity Apprentice differed from the regular Apprentice? CE is mostly about who can hit up their friends for money and Apprentice was more about talent, ingenuity and skill.

If I were going go be on CE, I would call all my friends and connections ahead of time and find out what I could expect to get in the way of contributions and figure out how to place them in the game. I would also find out who would be willing to drop everything and fly to NY when I called.

Personally, I think that is why Annie did so well in fund raising. She lined everyone up ahead of time so never really had to worry about it.

FORT Fogey

He was really out of line calling Dennis stupid, especially on national TV. Exactly what was that supposed to accomplish? If you care about someone, you don't do something like that ... in public, anyway. That could have been a private conversation. If he had to say something on stage (all of a sudden he has to express himself?), he could have said, "If you weren't so hard-headed ... " or something like that.

I didn't have the Jesse-love throughout the show as many on the board seemed to. I felt that what seemed like mature restraint on his part was really more like he was storing it all up and repressing his feelings, until it all came out at the Right Guard task when every other word he was spewing was bleeped. And again, as others have said, he didn't seem to lift a finger to raise any money. If he didn't want to ask his wife or the other rich people she (and therefore he) knows, then he should have just said so instead of sitting there stonefaced and staring straight ahead when the subject came up numerous times.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I support Jesse calling Rodman stupis- because he made it clear that he was calling him stupid for not taking care of himself and dealing with his drinking problem. He was calling Rodman's actions stupid, not his intelligence.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Jesse summed it all up at the finale when he said he called Dennis out because he cared about him. That's the kind of person I'd want in my corner.

As for him refusing to hit his friends up for money or drag his wife into the CA circus, good for him. His strategy got him farther than most.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3445528;
    Jesse summed it all up at the finale when he said he called Dennis out because he cared about him. That's the kind of person I'd want in my corner.

As for him refusing to hit his friends up for money or drag his wife into the CA circus, good for him. His strategy got him farther than most.
    Yep, yep and again, yep. I have all the respect in the world for him for tell a friend to smarten up in no uncertain terms, and for refusing to leech off of his well-to-do wife.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3445519;
    I support Jesse calling Rodman stupis- because he made it clear that he was calling him stupid for not taking care of himself and dealing with his drinking problem. He was calling Rodman's actions stupid, not his intelligence.
    No, he didn't say Rodman was stupid for not taking care of himself. He said he was stupid for not realizing he (Jesse) had called him out because he cares about him. What's caring about insulting someone's intelligence? Again, he could have used a less insulting word than stupid and made the same point. And the tone he used was derisive and condescending besides. Are we so used to name-calling in our society that we lose our sense that certain words are offensive? It's not okay to call someone stupid because they don't see things the way you do. Obviously Dennis was expressing hurt that Jesse had called him out in the boardroom for drinking, and whether that was a good or bad, right or wrong thing to do, Jesse then jumped right in and rubbed salt in the wound by calling Dennis stupid. I don't see anything caring about that.

Regarding how noble it was of him not to use his contacts to bring in money, as someone else said upthread, this is CELEBRITY Apprentice, not regular Apprentice. If he ever watched the show before agreeing to participate, he should know that bringing in money for charities is a big part of what it's about, besides getting publicity, the spectacle of giant battling egos, etc. It's not a matter of "leeching off his wife." It's for charity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast