+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herschel Walker - Season 2

Herschel Walker - Season 2

Herschel Walker had a legendary collegiate football career. As a freshman at the University of Georgia, Walker's performance helped capture the 1980 national football title. He earned consensus All-American honors for three consecutive years, set numerous NCAA and SEC records and capped a sensational college career by earning, in his junior year, the 1982 Heisman Trophy. In 2002 he was voted into the Collegiate Football Hall of Fame and was selected as the second greatest player in college football history, just behind the legendary Red Grange. In 1983, Walker gave up his final year of collegiate eligibility and turned professional. During his 15-year pro football career, Walker's accomplishments include a) setting the still standing, single-season, pro football rushing record of 2411 yards, b) leading the NFL in rushing, c) gaining more total yards than anyone in professional football history and d) receiving numerous all-pro and pro Bowl honors.

Currently, Walker is founder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Renaissance Man Food Service, LLC (RMFS), a certified minority business that produces Herschel's Famous 34, a line of flavorful frozen chicken, beef, pork and seafood entrees and appetizers. Walker will be playing for the charity, "Alternative Community Development Services (dba Project Turnaround)."
    Herschel's charity is Alternative Community Development Services

PERSONAL CONNECTION: Known locally as "Project Turnaround," Alternative Community Development Services provides community assistance to approximately 10,000 people in the Dallas community. Herschel works closely with the charity, along with Pastor Tony Evans, Herschel's friend and spiritual advisor since 1986 when he was the chaplain to the Dallas Cowboys. ACDS works within the community to keep kids off the street, assist people in finding healthcare and jobs, and to turn lives around for the better.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Herschel Walker - Season 2

I don't think his charity will see any money from this. He isn't much of a project manager, even if he gets another opportunity.

He is full oh himself horrible team leader.

I was very surprised by how incompetent he was.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

MRD

I think his biggest problem is that he expected his teammates to play like a team. I'm guessing if he gets another chance at PM, it will be a lot different.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I agree - I think he thought everyone else would have a similar team ethic, but Dennis Rodman struggled with that in his professional career and Andrew Dice Clay seemed to think he was above every task because he is so abso-frickin-fantastic. He seems like a really decent guy. I didn't think he did that badly, but he will need to be able to stand up to the weak links if he's in that position again - and be willing to call them out in the boardroom if needed. I respected that he was accepting of taking the fall since the team lost, though, but Trump usually doesn't like that.

FORT Fanatic

I've been very impressed with him, and his willingness to take responsibility and act like a grown-up. A quality which is lacking on the KOTU team.

I really like him, as well. Hopefully, he'll go far.
    They need to mix up the teams already. These guys are getting slaughtered.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

good guy, one the people that might win it.... (taking into account its all not fixed)

FORT Newbie

Herschel was excellent in the final challenge. Why isn't he getting more credit?? He sold all the tickets for Cirque du Soleil & he came up with the idea for celebrity lookalikes. He nailed the win for Joan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast